Does anyone feel like the Giants are flopping for Clowney?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just a thought. They've always been about Elite Pass Rush. There's really no need to compete for the Lombardi with 2 in the last 6 years. Manning is bad but it can't be that bad. I think he's the puppet.

Getting Clowney and early selections of each round would be a coup to some the talent they could amass on top of their core talent. And they would be set for another 4 years.

Not really anything but a loose thought that wandered into a question whilst looking at the back-end of some Power Rankings. its just too hard to believe the Giants could look so bad in every game. Tampa Bay yes, theyve built their team with big name free agents and that's never the way to go...everyone becomes entitled and pampered... Schiano also lost his team with the ways he has seemingly treated his players probably because they act entitled and pampered. Jaguars you can understand easily. Pittsburgh, you understand because their old as shitake mushrooms. But the Giants, it doesn't make since and the number 1 contribution to their losses is they are giving away the ball like its free condoms at planned parenthood. It could be nothing but we have to wait and see like if the Giants do get Clowney and dominant again in 2014.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Are the flopping for a DE, when they already have some studs there? I don't watch them enough to know why they suddenly suck so bad, but I doubt they would flop. They have 2 SB rings and a franchise Qb, no team with that resume flops on purpose.

It might be crazy talk to most people, but anyone who has paid real attention knows there is this guy from UCLA, who to me looks like he could end up better than Clowney in the end.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
One accusation I'd never level at Coughlin is that he's flopping. The window closed on that defense and Eli has been throwing interceptions like his brother throws touchdowns.

pehawk

Reaction score
The obvious question is; why would they tank for Clowney when Clowney's the type of player that will hurt them in the East? The Eagle's being 2-0 in that division aint a surprise; having great DE's hurts defenses when faced with a spread attack. And, the Redskins also run out of a spread attack at times.

NFC East defenses have drafted to pressure QB's from the outside for over a decade. Now, they'll pay for that, via Chip and his magic visor.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1t7q645d said:
One accusation I'd never level at Coughlin is that he's flopping. The window closed on that defense and Eli has been throwing interceptions like his brother throws touchdowns.

Completely agree with this. Coughlin is the old school, tough, hard ass football coach. No way that I think he would just tank it especially when he's been on the hot seat these recent years including the year they won the SB; there was talk of him getting fired right before, but obviously winning it all has quieted things down. Their oline is atrocious, Manning is having a terrible year, defense isn't really as great as it was years prior, a lot of things affecting the team's record.

Brahn

Reaction score
Coughlin is canned at the end of the season. To suggest he is tanking so the next guy has a better chance is silly. We all know Tom, when his ass is in the fryer he wins Superbowls. That magic just isn't happening a 3rd time.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Unless you believe the Giants entered the season dedicated to tanking an entire year to get a DE, no, the Giants are not flopping for Clowney. They're 0-5.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see them purposely wasting a year of Eli Manning, he's already in his 10th season, Eli just sucks right now though, so if they are in position, maybe they should look at the QB's that are coming out.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I never said anything about Tom Coughlin tanking... if there was any truth to this I would assume Manning is the puppet for the FO or owner getting some $$ under the table.

Maybe they don't go with Clowney but a lot of those pass-rushers are getting up their in years. Clowney and JPP would be elite cornerstones to build off of.

Like I said there is really no way to know ands its really all speculation but if they do draft Clowney and win their division in 2014. Then it would be really fishy. Especially if half the team gets fired but Manning is allowed to keep his gig.

Again its just a loose thought I'm not trying to comitt myself into
Thinking they actually are, I just don't understand how they can be so bad when you look at the talent they have. Compared to the other winless teams.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2q3ju0w7 said:
I never said anything about Tom Coughlin tanking... if there was any truth to this I would assume Manning is the puppet for the FO or owner getting some $$ under the table.

Maybe they don't go with Clowney but a lot of those pass-rushers are getting up their in years. Clowney and JPP would be elite cornerstones to build off of.

Like I said there is really no way to know ands its really all speculation but if they do draft Clowney and win their division in 2014. Then it would be really fishy. Especially if half the team gets fired but Manning is allowed to keep his gig.

Again its just a loose thought I'm not trying to comitt myself into
Thinking they actually are, I just don't understand how they can be so bad when you look at the talent they have. Compared to the other winless teams.

They have talent, sure. They also have age. They also have a history of not being particularly great or anything.

The last time they won the SB, they had a 4 game losing streak in the middle of the season. In fact, if you look at their history under Coughlin, it's not uncommon for them to experience long losing streaks (lost 5 of 7 down the stretch last season, 4 game losing streak in 2011, lost 8 of their final 11 in 2009, even lost 3 of their last 4 in 2008 when they went 12-4).

pehawk

Reaction score
Volsung is our Rainman of the NFL. Pandion showed him the table-side jukebox, and Volsung recited the options.

Lovable. Very lovable. Thank goodness he's ours.

minormillikin

Reaction score
They're definitely not sucking on purpose, just sucking.

I think they will scrape together 5-7 wins, but it probably won't start tonight if Eli doesn't get his hsit together.