Quarter of the Season Musings...

pehawk

Reaction score
Browns: Way too talented to tank, even if they wanted to, they cant. Adding even simple QB play has gotten them over the edge.

Vikings: Yeah, Cassell aint much, but I told ya they'd win if he started. At least he can throw further than Ponder and make play-action legitamite.

Dallas: Still Dallas. Absolutely ZERO safety play, literally none. They're done, suck, fork time.

Eagles: They'll be okay. They're designed to beat every team in their division.

Skins: They may win that division though.

Dolphins/Pats: I have no idea how the Patriots are 4-0, and before last night I was SURE the Fins when the division. Now? Not so much.

49ers: Their in the MWC/MAC part of their schedule. They will lose at Tenn though

Tenn: I'm bummed about Locker. That Titans team will just continue to get better over the year. I THINK Fitz can keep things even in his absence, but he'll certainly give up some INT's. Everyone that said "Locker sucks" realizes the OL the Seahawks fielded yesterday would've been all-pro compared to anything Locker has ever played behind (before this year), right? That's a "true bill" statement.

Bengals: I don't like them. they seem mentally fragile.

Lions: Bush...I just enjoy watching the guy. I just do, he's amazingly fun to watch.

Whatyagot....I'll feed off that.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Browns: Hoyer is looking really good out there. I still don't get why they traded Richardson but it seems to be working for them for some bizarro reason.

Vikings: Cassell will end up with the starting job

KC: My god, who thought that Andy Reid and Alex Smith would invigorate them so much. They are looking good, and their pass rush is legit.

Dolphins: I think they will be pretty good this year. Tannehill is quietly becoming a threat in the AFC East. How much have you been hearing about him?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good point on Tannehill. And who knew on Philbin? Just who knew Mr Macky could do that.

I think a lot of us knew the Chiefs would win some games. Not 4-0, I personally went 10-6. Like the Browns that roster had no business losing 14 games. Crenell's cuddly but not a coach.

Lost in bounty gate is the fact Gregg Williams can coach a defense.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1l6e44lb said:
Jags - I genuinely feel sorry for Bradley. He's out of his depth, and that team is easily 3-4 years away from competing for even a wildcard. Needs a complete wreck and rebuild, starting at QB. I'm wondering if they trade for Weeden now since Blackmon is coming back, get that old Cowboy Connection going again. Can't hurt.

See what I mean, guys?

Peaches puts on a breathe-rite strip and huffs Weeden's jersey.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think the Skins will be .500 after 6 or 8 games, then pull away. Eagles will founder.

Bruce Arians was the Colts' Jeremy Bates. Pagano is trying like hell to toughen up his team. The Colts are not going to be like Peyton's team was.

I called the Browns a 6 win team. With Weeden. Hoyer is prone to mistakes, but I think that team will kill for him.

Cincy is less than the sum of the parts. That hangs on Dalton.

Detroit is scary. Bush is such a wild card for that offense, allowing the QB to play so much safer than he is used to.

San Fran is going to be 6-2 or 5-3 at the halfway point. I lean towards 6-2.

New England is starting to win with D. That should scare everyone.

Miami is solid. THey have some street fight to them.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Scottemojo":dzfmnumx said:
I think the Skins will be .500 after 6 or 8 games, then pull away. Eagles will founder.

Bruce Arians was the Colts' Jeremy Bates. Pagano is trying li
ke hell to toughen up his team. The Colts are not going to be like Peyton's team was.

I called the Browns a 6 win team. With Weeden. Hoyer is prone to mistakes, but I think that team will kill for him.

Cincy is less than the sum of the parts. That hangs on Dalton.

Detroit is scary. Bush is such a wild card for that offense, allowing the QB to play so much safer than he is used to.

San Fran is going to be 6-2 or 5-3 at the halfway point. I lean towards 6-2.

Def think that's the key point relating to the Bengals, they have a strong D and an elite one day top of the league receiver talent, Dalton just isn't good enough. He's solid but not spectacular, and at that barely even solid.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Fisher may just coach himself into that USC job. That team is flat dogging it.

Dalton's Kitna, without the heart or sun sensitivity.

getnasty

Reaction score
Browns have a lot of talent on defense and some nice players on offense. I don't get why everyone was questioning trading Richardson, he's highly overrated in my book and if you can get a first rounder for a RB that's good valve.

Chiefs will beat Denver once this year, their defense is pretty good. Might be Denver's only loss of the season, they have a very easy schedule

Miami will fade, just can't bye in

Chicago has Jay Cutler as their QB.

Anyone can win the NFC East including the Giants

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tampa Bay is just about ready to pack it in. They have a great defense that will actually reach its potential...in 2014 when they have a different coach.

Atlanta's mojo is gone. Soft team in a tough division.

Patriots and Belicheck get a lot of undeserved love. This year, Belicheck seems to actually be doing some real work.

Jets are talking about benching Geno Smith and playing Matt Simms. They're about to go into a long decline.

Bills and Ravens - Any given Sunday they might be great. Or suck.

SF - Smoke and mirrors.

New Orleans - I expect them to win tonight and they will be our biggest competition for HFA. As I predicted in the season outcome thread.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ejjxezk0 said:

The Pats had a solid defense last year, so I'm not questioning their quality. But so far, they've played some pretty bad offenses, plus Atlanta, who was only held half a point below their season average by the Patriots defense. Not to mention, Altanta just seems off this season. I think the Pats have a competent defense that feasts on bad teams, but we'll see.

Miami lost big tonight, but impressed me. That is a seriously well rounded team and Tannehill looks like the guy I hoped he'd be coming out of college. I think they at least split with the Patriots, and a butt-whooping type win in one of those games would not shock me.

kearly

Reaction score
On topic: I think we are going to have a whole lot of 10-6 teams this year. Detroit, Chicago, maybe Green Bay, maybe Atlanta, maybe the 49ers, Miami, New England, Kansas City, San Diego, Houston, Indy, Tennessee, Cincy. Not all of those teams will finish 10-6, but a lot of them will. So many teams out there look good, playoff good, but not great.

Denver, Seattle, New Orleans. That's the top 3. After that, it's a wild scramble to be the NFL's 4th best team.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
New Orleans is the 2nd best team in the NFL, IMO. Ryan's hire is perfect, just perfect match to their offense. They thumped a very sound Dolphins team last night.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Indy is a good team and most likely win their division.
Rams are awful.
Falcons may not reach the playoffs.
NFC North battle between Lions, Bears and Packer should be very interesting and will come down to the wire.
AFC West will have 2 playoff teams.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1pz8btky said:
New Orleans is the 2nd best team in the NFL, IMO. Ryan's hire is perfect, just perfect match to their offense. They thumped a very sound Dolphins team last night.

It is rather impressive what he's done with that D. I really thought that Miami would do a bit better that game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I feel like Tannehill is carrying the Phins. They aren't really that good. The kind of team that squeaks into the playoffs at 9-7 and makes an early exit. KC has me intrigued. Are they really the real deal?