Aldon Smith Suspended Indefinintly

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Why did they play him today? Missed an opportunity to send a message and now they are going to lose their star defensive player anyway. They totally bungled this one.

nategreat

Reaction score
It says nothing about a suspension, just that he's not playing Thursday. This was mentioned in the other Aldon Smith thread that is like three threads below this one. It's likely due to rehab. His locker has been cleaned out:

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 12m
Aldon Smith's locker is completely empty -- the only such locker in the 49ers' locker room.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the indefinite suspension noted on the 49ers Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/381927378290606081

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Dungy criticizing Harbaugh for playing Aldon today.

I don't want to get too joyful about a man that has an alcohol problem getting help, so I want to clarify that I am laughing at that holier-than-thou chump that alienates everyone that ever played for him getting criticized for not living up to his own standards.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The wheels on the Whiners bus just fell off. Let the implosion begin!!!! :th2thumbs: :49ersmall:

12evanf

Reaction score
The 49ers are above reproach, until they aren't. Douchebag organization they've got down there.

Happy

Reaction score
Good call on rehab. Next time could have been someone's family instead of a tree.

He shouldn't have been on the field today tho.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2j6nk2ks said:
The wheels on the Whiners bus just fell off. Let the implosion begin!!!! :th2thumbs: :49ersmall:

The Seahawks stole all their lug nuts last week, the wheels falling off was inevitable.

rlkats

Reaction score
He should have never been playing at all. Should have been cleaned out the minute it happened

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Can't knock a dude going to rehab for his issues. Maybe he'll learn that he's a damn adult now, and should carry himself in that manner. Drinking and driving...for shame.

Can't believe he was even on the field today...what was Cake Boy thinking...that decision could be spun by the media to make not only him, but the organization look really bad. It's a non-issue at this point, I'll just let the talking heads have at this one, haha.

Super stoked that SF just got a lot weaker than they already appear to be. Ohhhh yeeeeah.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to fixing the problem. Smith is not the first to have this kind of substance abuse problem and will not be the last.

Jville

Reaction score
Rapoport reported, per a 49ers source, that Smith is voluntarily entering a treatment facility either this Monday or Tuesday. Once Smith registers at the facility, he will be placed on the Niners' non-football injury list, per Rapoport.
The language makes it sound like 49er management choses to position itself outside of the decision making loop. Weird.