What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan

-The Glove-

Reaction score
black-guy-star-trek-facepalm-gif.gif

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
This is a stupid topic really. Lynch can't even get a court case for a dui when a cop said he was driving over the limit in California. With that in mind a DA is suppose to pursue a case where the "victim" doesn't want charges pressed. If something happens between two men and they don't want charges pressed then it should be done with. Im glad there not wasting tax payer dollars so the niners football team might be a little worst for a few weeks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
What if the DA influenced the victims decision? It does happen. "It is a tough case to prove." Or something of that nature. And he may not be a 49rd fan, just an overwhelmed public employee. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
godawg

godawg

Reaction score
I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1lzgqz1w said:
Ol' Roger doesn't need a conviction to suspend.

If Harbaugh wasn't well, a Harbaugh, he'd suspend Brooks on his own.

However, we know what his threshold is for players hitting too hard.

Marvin49

Reaction score
godawg":319n8zid said:
I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.

I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious?

NorCal

Reaction score
Yeah, that SI story is missing some key info. The fact they took so long to look into this tells me they knew they were under the microscope and would have charged if they could, reasonably

NinerBuff

Reaction score
I fully expect Brooks to be suspended still... the only question is whether it's a 1 game, 2 game, or more...

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
NinerBuff":j9xs49vw said:
I fully expect Brooks to be suspended still... the only question is whether it's a 1 game, 2 game, or more...

Yeah he probably will get suspended, and it will deserved as well if all the facts are justified. No room for actions like that anywhere.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":26wn6ct7 said:
godawg":26wn6ct7 said:

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.

I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

Giedi

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2gu734ka said:
Marvin49":2gu734ka said:
godawg":2gu734ka said:

Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.

I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.
I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":186e8h77 said:
RichNhansom":186e8h77 said:
Marvin49":186e8h77 said:
godawg said:

I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.

Of course you do.

If I am going to be found guilty of either, I am taking the DUI every time. In the real world, if I strike someone with a bottle over the head and threaten to get my gun, I am getting thrown in the slam with a restraining order no matter how good my lawyer is.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I could care less about the charges being dropped. It's not like he makes a difference on the field against us. We all know what happened and that it reflects more than what Niner fans want to acknowledge.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2nr9ack4 said:
Giedi":2nr9ack4 said:
RichNhansom":2nr9ack4 said:
Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.[/color]

Of course you do.

If I am going to be found guilty of either, I am taking the DUI every time. In the real world, if I strike someone with a bottle over the head and threaten to get my gun, I am getting thrown in the slam with a restraining order no matter how good my lawyer is.
Loafo, my buddy, there is a reason good leagal beagles get paid thousands of dollars. It's because they are worth it. NFL players bieng loaded with money, they can afford the best. Marshawn can afford the best. So can Ahmad. Both will be fine.