Cheer up Alice

ivotuk

Reaction score
Your team damn near pulled it off. We missed a FG, you missed a FG. The law of averages makes future misses by Greg the Leg improbable.

Gurley came alive, your WRs are super dangerous, and you've discovered another bruising receiver in your Tight End.

They will bounce back. They aren't the kind of team to let a loss or two ruin their season. So go hammer SF for us! :irishdrinkers:

Maulbert

Reaction score
ivotuk":30sw6dm7 said:
Your team damn near pulled it off. We missed a FG, you missed a FG. The law of averages makes future misses by Greg the Leg improbable.

Gurley came alive, your WRs are super dangerous, and you've discovered another bruising receiver in your Tight End.

They will bounce back. They aren't the kind of team to let a loss or two ruin their season. So go hammer SF for us! :irishdrinkers:

Especially that last part. Give GQ a pantsing for the ladies!

rlkats

Reaction score
Fun game to watch. Two good teams. To bad the Rams missed that field goal. The hysteria would have been awesome to read lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Was weird watching that game. I didn't know who to root for. LOL.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rlkats":2l5z5sdg said:
Fun game to watch. Two good teams. To bad the Rams missed that field goal. The hysteria would have been awesome to read lol.

:lol:

While the rest of the world is busying itself talking about Wilson as a clear MVP candidate, a lot of this board is busying itself with arguing that the clearly bad call against Matthews wasn't actually a bad call.

Even if they acknowledged that the entire world is showering praise on their guy, I'm sure they'd find some convoluted way to be resentful about it.

This place is really a trip sometimes.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3g86lqc6 said:
rlkats":3g86lqc6 said:

While the rest of the world is busying itself talking about Wilson as a clear MVP candidate, a lot of this board is busying itself with arguing that the clearly bad call against Matthews wasn't actually a bad call.

Even if they acknowledged that the entire world is showering praise on their guy, I'm sure they'd find some convoluted way to be resentful about it.

In replay it was clearly bad. When it happened it looked like a good call. But as always there were plenty of bad calls to go around. Missed false start, blow the whistle on the interception requiring the Seahawks to challenge and give up a likely 10+ yard return, miss the interception to start the game requiring the Rams to challenge, miss Clay's dirty hit on Russ on that same play.

Edit to add: Red Alice doesn't show up to congratulate anymore, either to rub a win in our faces or tell us how the Rams got screwed and usually, either way, she appears to be drunk posting.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
ivotuk":2phh52as said:
... you missed a FG. The law of averages makes future misses by Greg the Leg improbable.
I strongly disagree with this statement. Going forward, the Rams kicker can not be depended on to kick a game-winning field goal.
Prediction: This will end badly for "Wide right" Greg.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":j02mcstp said:
rlkats":j02mcstp said:

I mean to me it was clearly a bad call...but I'm not so sure it even matters. It was 1st down. Its not like we know for certain that they wouldn't have scored anyway, and even then they could have taken more time off the clock. Too many questions if you ask me.

Now if it were 4th down and that was the difference in the game, then I could see the hubbub.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Not saying it made a difference either way but that ref sucked. Ray Charles wouldn't have missed that much.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":3gfbx69u said:
Popeyejones":3gfbx69u said:
rlkats":3gfbx69u said:

I mean to me it was clearly a bad call...but I'm not so sure it even matters. It was 1st down. Its not like we know for certain that they wouldn't have scored anyway, and even then they could have taken more time off the clock. Too many questions if you ask me.

Now if it were 4th down and that was the difference in the game, then I could see the hubbub.
Marvin as the voice of reason. Everything you said is true. Several of us mentioned that it was only first down and that we possibly would have been able to take more timeoff the clock. I think we would have scored but then I'm a Seahawks fan so of course I'm going to feel that way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Alice and your awesome avatar..Your table is ready :irishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":6ag68hdf said:
He got away with a couple before that one, too. The refs may not blatantly favor the Rams in the forefronts of their minds, but my God, the NFL wanting the L.A. market to succeed is definitely having a subconscious effect on their officiating ever since they moved to L.A. It has gotten nauseating. They get the same favoritism with flags as Brady and Rodgers.

Karma doesn't actually exist, but it sure looks like it for his broken jaw.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1phnwhgu said:
Popeyejones":1phnwhgu said:
He got away with a couple before that one, too. The refs may not blatantly favor the Rams in the forefronts of their minds, but my God, the NFL wanting the L.A. market to succeed is definitely having a subconscious effect on their officiating ever since they moved to L.A. It has gotten nauseating. They get the same favoritism with flags as Brady and Rodgers.

Talk about nauseating.

Wanna be Saints fan?

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":2av516u8 said:

Everette has been about to be used more all season. Happy to see it start.

Higbee was the one paid. I think what I said all last season will become fact this season or next - McVay will go back to his TE formations same as he did w Reed.

As to else, the end game missed kick was heartbreaking for me and Rams fans - but any game that comes down to a final kick is not lost on that final kick. What happened before to lead up to it matters.

Right?

And, congrats! A W is a W. This one is yours.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xa5mi6d said:
Popeyejones":2xa5mi6d said:

You left out the stealers and Cowpatties in your list of favored.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2ixroxik said:
Popeyejones":2ixroxik said:
rlkats":2ixroxik said:

In replay it was clearly bad. When it happened it looked like a good call. But as always there were plenty of bad calls to go around. Missed false start, blow the whistle on the interception requiring the Seahawks to challenge and give up a likely 10+ yard return, miss the interception to start the game requiring the Rams to challenge, miss Clay's dirty hit on Russ on that same play.

Edit to add: Red Alice doesn't show up to congratulate anymore, either to rub a win in our faces or tell us how the Rams got screwed and usually, either way, she appears to be drunk posting.

You say nothing intelligent when you speak about the game of football, so I will also not take anything you say about me as intended to be intelligent either.

And I don’t need to come here any longer to “show up” if I want to discuss Rams/Hawks. Why would I want to come here to post w such as you?

That said, still many wonderful posters here. Not you.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
RedAlice":2sdf3r4f said:
JustTheTip":2sdf3r4f said:
Popeyejones":2sdf3r4f said:
rlkats":2sdf3r4f said:

You say nothing intelligent when you speak about the game of football, so I will also not take anything you say about me as intended to be intelligent either.

And I don’t need to come here any longer to “show up” if I want to discuss Rams/Hawks. Why would I want to come here to post w such as you?

That said, still many wonderful posters here. Not you.

Speaking of nothing intelligent to say.

Latest posts