BJ Daniels Released

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/722146278310674432[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/722142060489220096[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pretty sure Daniels wants a chance to compete for a starting job. When that dries up he'll be back with the Hawks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Don't get the want for this guy..He had his chances enough with the Hawks.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Basis4day":10cxpl19 said:
Pretty sure Daniels wants a chance to compete for a starting job. When that dries up he'll be back with the Hawks.

Shouldn't he be happy to compete for a backup job? I mean, he's never really been anything more than a #3, so a #2 would be a big improvement.

Alexander

Reaction score
IndyHawk":oyf0zdfj said:

He'll probably never be a starter, but he could be a decent backup. Last year the Hawks screwed around with him, trying him at receiver in training camp before switching him back to QB at the end of the preseason. I think he could benefit from focusing solely on QB. I remember the preseason offense looking so much better with Daniels at QB than RJ Archer, even though Daniels had taken few if any reps at QB during training camp.

I'm also fine with sticking with TJack, but going with Daniels over TJack would save some money. And his style is so similar to Wilson's that the offense wouldn't have to change much should he (God forbid) ever actually have to play.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
whats with the live for this guy? Time to move onto something else not Seneca Wallace 2.0

Vetamur

Reaction score
I think hes ok.. he runs the read option dynamically.. Any back up that can move the ball in some fashion is about all you can ask for. If we had to use Daniels for 4 games we could go 2-2, depending on who it was against obviously.

Maybe he is Seneca Wallace 2.0, but Seneca had a 10 year career backing people up. Thats not bad.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind if he came back. If Russell Wilson ever went down for a long duration of time we're pretty much screwed anyway.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Daniels is not Seneca 2.0.

1. Holmgren despite Wallace's athleticism demanded him to be a "pocket" passer.

Daniels has and will be allowed to thrive naturally to make plays. Using his athleticism.

2. Wallace was stiff for a guy with his athletic tools. He lacked awareness and couldnt escape from danger as well as youd think.

Daniels imo is more fluid in this sense, hes got pretty good fight or flight instincts and his escapability is on par with Wilson's at times.

3. System. Holmgren was a dictator to his offense and how he needed it to be run. You saw very little give in terms catering to the strength of the player.

Daniels if needed will be allowed to play to his strengths and create. Bevell would as well cater his offense to those strengths. Since Wilson and Daniels are alike in a lot of ways imo youd see something like the 2012 2nd half offense.

Not saying Daniels will be signed but comparing him to Wallace is lazy only because thier development is much more different. With Daniels allowed to thrive on his strengths and Wallace redefining his game was more like jamming a square peg into a round hole, losing whatever tools needed, until it fit the system.

You might as well call Wilson... Wallace 2.0. But you shouldnt cuz thatll be dumb. Imo, Wilson circa 2015 is the QB, Holmgren always envisioned for Wallace for his development.

However, with that said Wallace was still a decent backup in this league and could run a WCO to some degree of success.

I just feel that if you gave Daniels the opportunity that the competitive fire he has shown at times would make him lethal as a dual threat QB.

No Daniels wont be Wilson 2.0 but I think hes alot closer to Wilson than he is to

Seneca Wallace, the owner of just 68 rushing attempts throughout a 10 year career of 22 starts in 64 career games.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I was excited by Daniels play at QB each of the last two preseasons. I hope he gets another shot to show what he can do as a backup QB. He has shown solid instincts, elusiveness in the pocket, scrambling ability, and decent accuracy at times. Outside of that potential, he's just a good all-around athlete to have on the roster, having played WR last year and some scout team DB the year before that.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
From what I saw in the preseason game against Oakland on DVD which I can review again, is the same stuff I saw from RW. I would think that there is a minor difference in style but I also believe it would be a plug in the quarterback and the offense is ready to keep doing what it was before with maybe a minor misstep here and there. Totally believe that it would not miss more than a step or two to keep him as a backup. I know they all want to be starters for the big bucks and the BS that goes with it, but sometimes a paycheck is a paycheck.

McGruff

Reaction score
Vetamur":234webk9 said:
I think hes ok.. he runs the read option dynamically.. Any back up that can move the ball in some fashion is about all you can ask for. If we had to use Daniels for 4 games we could go 2-2, depending on who it was against obviously.

Maybe he is Seneca Wallace 2.0, but Seneca had a 10 year career backing people up. Thats not bad.

Yep. People knock Seneca, but the little dude played for a long time in the NFL and even won some games when given a chance.

Kinda like Rick Mirer, who was a bust as a first round pick, but still managed to play 15 years in the NFL.

If you can get that kind of longevity behind a bona-fide starter, you get it and call it good.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see how being "Seneca Wallace 2.0" is a knock against anyone who's trying to make it in the NFL as a backup QB. Unless you are one of the rare few who break out like Brady or Romo, that's the career you want.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Had fun watching when he got snaps at QB. I say sign him!

chris98251

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":21aebuz5 said:
You guys honestly think Daniels could win a playoff game? You're dreaming.

Sometimes they just have to not lose one, ask Trent Dilfer.

rideaducati

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3r1t8lnm said:

I feel the same way about Tarvaris. Moving on to Daniels WITHOUT Tarvaris sounds like a better option while saving money too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":nqswcxdk said:
CHawkTailGator":nqswcxdk said:

I doubt Tarvaris could win a playoff game. I doubt he could "not lose" a playoff game either. Being stuck with a bad backup QB is where the Seahawks are right now, so they might as well save some money and sign the cheaper option. They're screwed either way if Russell goes down.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Daniels is so much like Wilson that he would make a great back up QB. Signing him also saves a pick in the draft, in which I think they will go for a QB on late rounds. Plus he can be used in trick plays and even as a receiver is need be.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":1pccrjze said:
CHawkTailGator":1pccrjze said:

Or Peyton Manning.