San Antonio Raiders...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
...do we really need another team in Texas...the silver and black just doesnt match that part of the country. Or will they stay?

rideaducati

Reaction score
The spurs have silver and black unis...the Raiders would fit the color scheme.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wpi6ln1z said:
...do we really need another team in Texas...the silver and black just doesnt match that part of the country. Or will they stay?

Did we really need another team in California? Texas has 2, California has 3. A joint move would even it up at 3 apiece.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'd feel bad for a number of my firends who are Raider fans, but I can't say the Niners wouldn't LOVE to have NoCal all to themselves.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

"WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

F the Raiders.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rcn329k said:
Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

"WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

F the Raiders.

Mark Davis is VERY different form his dad. Al was formidable. Mark is not.

I hate the Raiders and I hated Al, but Al was a big part of why the leaguie exists as it does today.

Mark is a joke.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":27rzniar said:
Sgt. Largent":27rzniar said:

F the Raiders.

I hate the Raiders and I hated Al, but Al was a big part of why the leaguie exists as it does today.

Mark is a joke.

Al WAS a big part of why the league exists.........in the 60's and 70's. He spent the last years of his life being a pain in the ass suing everyone and everything inside and out of the league.

That's what I'm talking about.

RedAlice

Reaction score
He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

But, obviously Oakland would have to want to work with them for a stadium.

The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkGA":236oh3ng said:
Cyrus12":236oh3ng said:

Did we really need another team in California? Texas has 2, California has 3. A joint move would even it up at 3 apiece.

27 million people in Texas and 38 million people in California, there should be some natural mismatch there (although if we're going by pure population numbers that would mean that if we had one team in Wisconsin we should have 7 or 8 teams in California :lol: )

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17t62q14 said:
Marvin49":17t62q14 said:
Sgt. Largent":17t62q14 said:

F the Raiders.

Mark is a joke.

Al WAS a big part of why the league exists.........in the 60's and 70's. He spent the last years of his life being a pain in the ass suing everyone and everything inside and out of the league.

He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RedAlice":16drutkq said:
He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.

Inglewood for the Raiders and the Chargers staying would mean three NFL teams in two hours of each other in a region that has barely ever been even able to support one NFL team.

As for Oakland, they've already stood in front of the gun, and it shot a blank, there's no way they'll be dumb enough to start ponying up public funds now. The issue is that a) Oakland's not dumb enough to build the Raiders a stadium, b) Davis doesn't have enough money to build himself a stadium, and C) the NFL won't even put up the money for it as a loan because they know the thing that only a few rubes haven't caught onto yet: It's not simply worth the financial investment to build shiny new football stadiums in replace of perfectly functional existing football stadiums.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":c5km76e6 said:
Sgt. Largent":c5km76e6 said:
Marvin49":c5km76e6 said:
Sgt. Largent":c5km76e6 said:

F the Raiders.

Mark is a joke.

He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.

This.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":2mc2i9t6 said:

The problem is that its really, really hard to get a stadium built in CA. Say what you want about Levis, it's a miracle that it exists.

In LA, the Rams are pretty much just writing a check. LOL. It helps to have that much wealth behind it. I've heard he's paying the relocation fee of 550 mil in one lump sum and writing another check for over a billion to put in escrow to get stadium built.

Must be nice.

Mark by comparison took a yellow cab to the airport.

The Raiders got a big fat FU from the league yesterday. Took the other plan, took away the team they were partnering with, told them to withdraw the petition, and told them they only get the 100 mil LOAN if they use it IN market in the next year.

Ouch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":1uhbjajo said:

You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j2dmbhd said:
Marvin49":2j2dmbhd said:

You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.

Well THATS true for sure....

...the difference being that Al would actually move and sue and that Mark can barely tie his own shoelaces.

mrblitz

Reaction score
have them play in stanford stadium. maybe it only fits 40,000 but it's functional.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":t7idqlns said:
RedAlice":t7idqlns said:

Inglewood for the Raiders and the Chargers staying would mean three NFL teams in two hours of each other in a region that has barely ever been even able to support one NFL team.

As for Oakland, they've already stood in front of the gun, and it shot a blank, there's no way they'll be dumb enough to start ponying up public funds now. The issue is that a) Oakland's not dumb enough to build the Raiders a stadium, b) Davis doesn't have enough money to build himself a stadium, and C) the NFL won't even put up the money for it as a loan because they know the thing that only a few rubes haven't caught onto yet: It's not simply worth the financial investment to build shiny new football stadiums in replace of perfectly functional existing football stadiums.

Davis is going to be forced to sell off a rather large portion of the Raiders to someone with deep pockets that can help fund a stadium build or move.

marko358

Reaction score
I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2dp9if47 said:
Popeyejones":2dp9if47 said:
RedAlice":2dp9if47 said:

Davis is going to be forced to sell off a rather large portion of the Raiders to someone with deep pockets that can help fund a stadium build or move.

Thats what I've thought all along...not to mention its a 550 mil fee just to relocate the team and he can't even afford to pay the inheritance tax on the team when his mother dies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marko358":3clmsr1j said:
I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.

Yeah not sure why more owners haven't looked at Portland, the city and surrounding regions count for over 2M population,...........and without even looking I can guarantee it's a more affluent market than most of the other cities being discussed.

The only thing I can think of is Paul Allen, THE richest owner in the league wouldn't want another team so close to Seattle cutting in on his jersey sales.