San Antonio Raiders...

DTexHawk

Reaction score
San Antonio will never happen as long as Jerry is alive.

But he is getting up there, ain't he.

Osprey

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":upiqbdji said:
marko358":upiqbdji said:
I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.

Yeah not sure why more owners haven't looked at Portland, the city and surrounding regions count for over 2M population,...........and without even looking I can guarantee it's a more affluent market than most of the other cities being discussed.

The only thing I can think of is Paul Allen, THE richest owner in the league wouldn't want another team so close to Seattle cutting in on his jersey sales.

The issue with Portland is not the population, but the lack of corporate sponsors. Nike, Intel, ????

pmedic920

Reaction score
DTexHawk":p0yoqx40 said:

Are you basing this on something solid, or is it simply speculation on your part?

Do you have some quote from Jerry or the NFL, that you can post?

chris98251

Reaction score
Al knew about every Skeleton in every owners closet, he knew the dirt on every League Executive, he was a Commissioner and the driving force of the AFL NFL merger. The league loved him and hated him.

He knew football and was innovative.

He knew how to run a team as a owner.

He knew how to run a league and market.

He knew what buttons to push and who to push to get things how he wanted.

Mark has little to none of those attributes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":nlkgtswu said:
Sgt. Largent":nlkgtswu said:
Marvin49":nlkgtswu said:
He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.

You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.

Well THATS true for sure....

...the difference being that Al would actually move and sue and that Mark can barely tie his own shoelaces.
Have you seen the guy's haircut? I though he was auditioning for "dumb and dumber 6". 8)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3hdktxdf said:
Marvin49":3hdktxdf said:
Sgt. Largent":3hdktxdf said:
Marvin49":3hdktxdf said:
He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.

You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.

Well THATS true for sure....

...the difference being that Al would actually move and sue and that Mark can barely tie his own shoelaces.
Have you seen the guy's haircut? I though he was auditioning for "dumb and dumber 6". 8)

I figure he had his mom throw a bowl over his head and trim around it.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3i5pn5r4 said:
DTexHawk":3i5pn5r4 said:

Are you basing this on something solid, or is it simply speculation on your part?

Do you have some quote from Jerry or the NFL, that you can post?

Pure speculation from what has been in papers and talk radio for years.

Cowboys have a huge fanbase in SA, training camp has been there many times, and doubtful he would like to have anyone invading his marketshare.

OrFan

Reaction score
Mark Davis, oops I mean Chris Griffin. One and the same.

[youtube]WEtRoZ5FWNc[/youtube]

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sounds like this may have some steam to it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14572 ... an-antonio

According to Bleacher Report, Davis owns land in the San Antonio area where he could build a stadium.

McCombs said San Antonio has "several locations that would work" to build a stadium and he has 12 corporate sponsors lined up with "serious commitments." Now he has to convince Davis that moving his team to Texas is the right move for the franchise.

McCombs said he would be amenable to buying into the Raiders if that's what it would take to get the team to play in San Antonio.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Osprey":37sujs7s said:
Sgt. Largent":37sujs7s said:
marko358":37sujs7s said:
I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.

Yeah not sure why more owners haven't looked at Portland, the city and surrounding regions count for over 2M population,...........and without even looking I can guarantee it's a more affluent market than most of the other cities being discussed.

The only thing I can think of is Paul Allen, THE richest owner in the league wouldn't want another team so close to Seattle cutting in on his jersey sales.

The issue with Portland is not the population, but the lack of corporate sponsors. Nike, Intel, ????

That is on top of trying to get a stadium built there. Portland is 100x worse than Seattle when it comes to wanting to build something like that. And Mark Davis doesn't exactly come across as a northwest type of guy that would be embraced.