LaVar Arrington said .....

pmedic920

Reaction score
You don't/can't win a Super Bowl without a quarterback. I'm only aware of it happening one time in the history of the NFL. "That was in Baltimore with Dilfer"

I laughed my ass off, my ass is completely gone now, and I'm still chuckling over the statement.

Was on today's show. I'll post a clip if I can find it

Threedee

Reaction score
Last TNF game, Steve Young was talking about how the Vikings had a chance to win if Teddy just played effective game manager and didn't turn the ball over (nice call, Steve!). While the camera was showing Vikings highlights, Dilfer exclaimed, "what are you looking at me for, Steven?"

irocdave

Reaction score
And LaVar was right. Dilfer was nothing more than a game manager. He didn't put the ball down field much and really wasn't that good at it, but didn't throw many interceptions, he could not win a game throwing the ball. When he came to Seattle he was not much better. When you wiki "game manager QB", his face should pop up.

rideaducati

Reaction score
irocdave":1whnx262 said:
And LaVar was right. Dilfer was nothing more than a game manager. He didn't put the ball down field much and really wasn't that good at it, but didn't throw many interceptions, he could not win a game throwing the ball. When he came to Seattle he was not much better. When you wiki "game manager QB", his face should pop up.

Alex Smith is the Dilfer of this generation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":nfz6r4qj said:
irocdave":nfz6r4qj said:

Alex Smith is the Dilfer of this generation.
Ninja'd. Though he is very dangerous because Kansas City is very good to elite in about every other area.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
One could add Brad Johnson and even Rich Gannon to that list. Although Gannon had a rather out of body experience in his SB run -- he was still very much a journeyman manager type.

Obviously add Jeff Hostetler and even Phil Simms to that list. Simms was efficient but by no means dynamic. Plenty of instances where effective QB play was good enough to get there or win. There are a lot of ways to go about winning.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
pmedic920":37a0eavk said:
You don't/can't win a Super Bowl without a quarterback. I'm only aware of it happening one time in the history of the NFL. "That was in Baltimore with Dilfer"

I laughed my ass off, my ass is completely gone now, and I'm still chuckling over the statement.

Was on today's show. I'll post a clip if I can find it

Its true though...

Dilfers postseason, in 4 games
35/73 48% 590 yards 3TD 1INT 83.7 QB rating

Regular season though...
7-1 record 134/226 59% 1502 yards 12TD 11 INT 76.6 rating