Mike Mitchell

Marvin49

Reaction score
I hate that guy. Cheap shot artist. How do you hit a guys in the knee after a 9 yard first down gain and celebrate like you just did something. No place for that in the game.

P19ner8hfl9290wzg

EWA

Reaction score
Being a guy with a bad knee, that hurt just watching it. Game is dangerous enough without that type of hit. He could have hit him high and drove him back.

SF49r

Reaction score
Man I thought for sure Carlos Hyde tore his ACL there

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SF49r":2vnzgsij said:
Man I thought for sure Carlos Hyde tore his ACL there

Me too.

That play and Bowman getting hit in the nuts in week 1 (I didn't see what happened until the replay) have been the two heart stoppers for me so far this year.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Blitzer88":17jrj2j4 said:
Wow, that looked bad. Was Hyde okay after that?

He left the game for a few plays. Officially listed with "leg contusion". Really lucky it wasn't more.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
looked like an intentional act to injure...looked like he was happy to see Hyde in pain...Some teams just get away with anything...

rideaducati

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2l920xfb said:
Wow, that looked bad. Was Hyde okay after that?

He played more in the game, but he looked like he was hurting after that and seemed a bit protective for the rest of the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Finally something we can all agree on.

He ended Bradford's season a few years ago, during his best year. We ended up winning 7 games that year....probably could have won a few more with Bradford playing over Clemens.

Hate that guy.

Also wanted to add, that he ended Bradford's season by hitting him out of bounds. And then celebrated.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
By the way, how is Hyde now? Was he back on track the next day or are they nursing him back into playing?

Nice to see it wasn't serious and agree Mitchell should be hwavily fined at a minimum.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1v6e2v81 said:
By the way, how is Hyde now? Was he back on track the next day or are they nursing him back into playing?

Nice to see it wasn't serious and agree Mitchell should be hwavily fined at a minimum.

He's been practicing. Looks like he's fine. Sounds like it was a bruise to the back of his thigh and not the knee itself.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with the tackle. Yes it looks ugly but with him being a missile coming in and going up much higher with Hyde bending down there was a high risk for a helmet to helmet. Even if it didn't happen but if the hit was violent enough the refs could easily assume helmet to helmet too place ie Kams hit on Davis in Seattle a couple years ago.

NFL would rather players hit low then high (Rather have increase of knee injuries then long term head issues)