Cardinals Add First Female Coach

RedAlice

Reaction score
Maybe she can be one of your back-up QBs. :)

Ex-rugby player. She also (briefly) played running back and special teams for a men's indoor league last year. Btw, it's Dr. Jen Welter.

Attachments

• jen.jpg
    jen.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 965

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":2r3q9rjv said:

Ex-rugby player. She also (briefly) played running back and special teams for a men's indoor league last year. Btw, it's Dr. Jen Welter.

They are desperate to find someone, anyone that can get their running backs to up their game. Maybe Arians will suit her up for a practice or two to show their backs how it's done.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":f565v1ks said:
RedAlice":f565v1ks said:

They are desperate to find someone, anyone that can get their running backs to up their game. Maybe Arians will suit her up for a practice or two to show their backs how it's done.

Who knows, maybe with the talent we've gathered on our O-line over the last 2 years they will be able to make anyone look like Demarco Murray ;)

In any case, could you imagine if it had been Dallas that had hired her with all their domestic abuse cases....

hawkpride

Reaction score
Not discounting her credentials as a coach, but this hiring should "uplift" the locker room experence :3: .

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Good on them for giving her a shot. She'll either set female NFL coaching back 20 years, or advance it by 20 years. Hopefully the latter.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":37szgwpi said:

I still can't believe such a small woman played straight up with the guys. It's awesome and my mind is officially blown.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good for the Cardinals and congrats to her. Like Ro said hope it means more opportunities in the future.

Lithium

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":edecteei said:
RedAlice":edecteei said:

I still can't believe such a small woman played straight up with the guys. It's awesome and my mind is officially blown.

Well it didnt go so well

[youtube]twzrfQSK7rc[/youtube]

Exittium

Reaction score
ap-jen-welter-cardinals-nfl.jpg

She looks like a He and looks like a relative of Bruce Jenner.. :stirthepot:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lithium":364k80wg said:
MizzouHawkGal":364k80wg said:
RedAlice":364k80wg said:

Well it didnt go so well

She kept getting up...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1eq89mk6 said:
Lithium":1eq89mk6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1eq89mk6 said:
RedAlice":1eq89mk6 said:

Well it didnt go so well

She kept getting up...

Lol. She got absolutely crushed. Sorry, IMO the fact that the crowd cheered for her just because she got up is lame and honestly a disservice to her. They are treating her differently when she is trying to fit in. I bet no one gave credit to the guy that clobbered her either, unusual considering the nature of the game. None the less, the defender is not credited for a great hit and a running back is celebrated for getting up from a tackle. It looked like a 6th grader going against a collegiate All American.

RedAlice

Reaction score
She has a negative 1 yard for 3 attempts. Hell, that's pretty good. I've seen some grown men RB's do worse than that.

Fact is, she played. She is a S-Strong amazing woman in her own right and education skills. No idea if she can coach, we will see. It's exciting to se it even attempted - both the playing RB in a men's league and the coaching.

netskier

Reaction score
I hope she succeeds. Coaching is mainly observing, knowing what is important, and talking, and knowing how to teach what is most relevant at that moment.

Women will succeed just as they have in other sports. This is more about prejudice than ability.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":2lt9rmnb said:
She has a negative 1 yard for 3 attempts. Hell, that's pretty good. I've seen some grown men RB's do worse than that.

Fact is, she played. She is a S-Strong amazing woman in her own right and education skills. No idea if she can coach, we will see. It's exciting to se it even attempted - both the playing RB in a men's league and the coaching.

You've been watching the Rams way too much. You won't see many real NFL teams run it three times for minus one yard.

hawk45

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ewt7xps said:
RedAlice":2ewt7xps said:

You've been watching the Rams way too much. You won't see many real NFL teams run it three times for minus one yard.

Trent Richardson would sacrifice his firstborn for those numbers.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawk45":2baijsq4 said:
rideaducati":2baijsq4 said:
RedAlice":2baijsq4 said:

Trent Richardson would sacrifice his firstborn for those numbers.

:D :D :D hahaha

sutz

Reaction score
Congrats to Dr Welter and good job Cards for bringing her in for a trial.

The NFL does get a little stagnant some times and often can use a wakeup call. This might be one of these times. Obviously, she is not on the full team coaching staff yet, but we'll see. She's obviously intelligent and seems to love the game. Those are big pluses to build on.

You naysayers? Shame on you. Your misogynistic undies are showing. ;)