Greg Hardy to become FA

forgivenhawksfan

Reaction score
Greg Hardy charges dropped. Is he an option here? Suh, Hardy, Avril, Bennett. Ah what an amazing dream.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Never say never, but I would guess most teams will wait for the NFL punishment (if it changes) and go from there. I could see a team giving him a 1-2 year deal, because I just don't see most teams giving a big, long term deal to a guy with question marks off the field, then again talent trumps all, so there may be a team dumb enough to do it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":16pqp569 said:
Never say never, but I would guess most teams will wait for the NFL punishment (if it changes) and go from there. I could see a team giving him a 1-2 year deal, because I just don't see most teams giving a big, long term deal to a guy with question marks off the field, then again talent trumps all, so there may be a team dumb enough to do it.

Was he not already punished? Or was this same sort of deal as AP (of which I still don't understand either)

marko358

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2a1s6842 said:
NorCalSeahawk":2a1s6842 said:

Was he not already punished? Or was this same sort of deal as AP (of which I still don't understand either)

I think this is one of those "write the script as you go" scenarios for Goodell. If someone like Dallas or New England signs him, no more punishment. If Seattle or Tennessee signs him then he'll get a one year suspension.

ctrcat

Reaction score
marko358":37uf0cw5 said:
Uncle Si":37uf0cw5 said:
NorCalSeahawk":37uf0cw5 said:

I think this is one of those "write the script as you go" scenarios for Goodell. If someone like Dallas or New England signs him, no more punishment. If Seattle or Tennessee signs him then he'll get a one year suspension.

Well said. Since Hardy himself got paid 13.1 million for a year less of wear and tear now going to an open market, it's debatable how much his punishment truly was to this point. For the Panthers forced to fall on the grenade for the shield for a totally unrelated elevator video in Atlantic City, NJ which no one cared about in week 1 when Hardy actually played-playing the next 17 games with a competitive disadvantage, without 10% of the cap which he was-puts Panther fan bitterness on par or greater to the Hawks, Packers, Cowboys, and Lions for how their seasons ended for different reasons.