What an Amazing SB

bobdigital

Reaction score
This was going to be a heart breaker one way or the other.

Maybe the best Super Bowl ever and both teams deserved it.

What you say. Same time next year? : ) I love how well these 2 teams play each other.

OP
OP
B

bobdigital

Reaction score
WmHBonney":q9r2d4wl said:
Yeah, this will end well.....

Not trolling. I honestly think both teams could have easily won and most years against most opponents either team would have won. I hope they play next year cause they are clearly above every other team in the NFL.

If you get healthy next year I think you are probably the favorite.

rideaducati

Reaction score
It was a great game...right up to the point where Bevell tried to outsmart the room.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":15arv4du said:
It was a great game...right up to the point where Bevell tried to outsmart the room.

I know they should have run the ball...no question...

...but once you get past that fact, that was a helluva play by Butler. He just beat Lockette to the spot.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":1nlp2lz7 said:
rideaducati":1nlp2lz7 said:

...but once you get past that fact, that was a helluva play by Butler. He just beat Lockette to the spot.

youve been around here a long time Marvin. probably know this team better than many 12s

now, re-read what you just wrote and let that sink in...Lockette?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Marvin49":yheq7g00 said:
rideaducati":yheq7g00 said:

Good point. The Patriots played well. Edelman killed us. And Tom Brady was crisp with his passes, even though he got hit a few times.

Butler made one hell of a play...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2f67xhr8 said:
Marvin49":2f67xhr8 said:
rideaducati":2f67xhr8 said:

youve been around here a long time Marvin. probably know this team better than many 12s

now, re-read what you just wrote and let that sink in...Lockette?

LOL. Trust me man...I hear you. :D I am in no way defending the call. Horrible call...

...but two things can be equally true. Butler recognized the play instantly and broke FAST to the ball. Great play by the rook...

...but you are absolutely correct. It was Bevells "brilliance" that gave Butler the opportunity he should never have had to make a play.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
awful play call... ruined a fantastic game... I could live with us losing on good call and the pats d stepping up.... that horseshit will hurt a very very long time.

rlkats

Reaction score
I kind of thought the ball was thrown to far in front. If he back shoulder threw it. It is a TD.

rlkats

Reaction score
But of course beast mode would be way better

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rlkats":3g3gyeir said:

Every single person on the,planet with an inkling of interest in the game knew that...but the two that mattered.

If Wilson rolls left, game over.

So frustrating

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2rfcuzsa said:
rlkats":2rfcuzsa said:

Every single person on the,planet with an inkling of interest in the game knew that...but the two that mattered.

If Wilson rolls left, game over.

So frustrating

I know the feeling.

If Harbaugh didn't call timeout just before the QB Draw...1 on 1 with a broken Ray Lewis and a head of steam.

If they didn't throw a fade of all things.

If they had JUST.GIVEN.THE.BALL.TO.FRANK.GORE.

I get it man. It'll haunt you. Still haunts me to this day.

gulliver

Reaction score
Not sure why a Pats fan would think that a bunch of "what a great game" talk on our forums would be welcome in our darkest hour.

Yeah, of course YOU think it was a great game and now you wanna talk about it.

It would be like if Ivan Drago won and killed Balboa, then he tracked down Balboa's mother and was like, "hey, what a great fight huh?"

I know you come here earnestly, but are you really that daft that you think we want to go do the postgame team-handshake thing here? Let us grieve a bit, pal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
gulliver":5flknbj7 said:
Not sure why a Pats fan would think that a bunch of "what a great game" talk on our forums would be welcome in our darkest hour.

It would be like if Ivan Drago won and killed Balboa, then he tracked down Balboa's mother and was like, "hey, what a great fight huh?"

I know you come here earnestly, but are you really that daft that you think we want to go do the postgame team-handshake thing here? Let us grieve a bit, pal.

I know the feeling there too.

Got a number of those from Ravens fans after SB 47 and Seattle fans after NFCCG.

gulliver

Reaction score
Marvin49":1keg54m2 said:
gulliver":1keg54m2 said:

Got a number of those from Ravens fans after SB 47 and Seattle fans after NFCCG.
I don't get it. I'll read through your Niner game threads after we play you, or after a big game for you, but I never post. I understand it's not welcome and I'm not enough of an ass to (a) troll or (b) think my input is welcome or appreciated by ANYONE.

Guess I'm too self-aware for my own good.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rlkats":1az03g45 said:
I kind of thought the ball was thrown to far in front. If he back shoulder threw it. It is a TD.

Hindsight is fun and all, but I also don't think a back shoulder throw plays very well into Lockette's (very limited) skill set. He's a size speed guy more than a football player, IMO. Always has been.

So if we're re-running history, I can also imagine Lockette missing that back shoulder catch and the ball bouncing up off him and being intercepted.

If anything, if we got to re-run history a thousand times over, I think that outcome in the long run is even MORE LIKELY than a rookie UFA making the play of his entire life by intercepting the ball that was thrown.

Also worth saying that on that particular route combo you don't want to back shoulder the throw because you're relying on the receiver's momentum to carry him into the endzone. With 26 second left and only one timeout if you back shoulder it and Lockette gets stopped you're even more screwed than when you called the pass play to begin with.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
And yeah, I TOTALLY understand why it's kind of an obnoxious thing to post on a Hawks messageboard, but for an outside observer, sheesh, that was a REALLY good game.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
bobdigital":3a1qdjbu said:
WmHBonney":3a1qdjbu said:
Yeah, this will end well.....

Not trolling. I honestly think both teams could have easily won and most years against most opponents either team would have won. I hope they play next year cause they are clearly above every other team in the NFL.

If you get healthy next year I think you are probably the favorite.

Packers and Ravens disagree. Both were right there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
gulliver":2ol9g3tn said:
Marvin49":2ol9g3tn said:
gulliver":2ol9g3tn said:

I don't get it. I'll read through your Niner game threads after we play you, or after a big game for you, but I never post. I understand it's not welcome and I'm not enough of an ass to (a) troll or (b) think my input is welcome or appreciated by ANYONE.

Guess I'm too self-aware for my own good.

Wait...are you agreeing with me or upset with me for posting. Not following you there...