What an Amazing SB

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think he was agreeing with you Marvin.

And Popeye, as much as it sucks (it really sucks) being on the losing end of that, when I pull myself back from it, it really was a great game. Down to one (bad) play to decide the game is as good as it gets.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TriCHawk":2es56z81 said:

And Popeye, as much as it sucks (it really sucks) being on the losing end of that, when I pull myself back from it, it really was a great game. Down to one (bad) play to decide the game is as good as it gets.

Its really almost impossible to remove yourself from it completely.

Its two years later and from time to time I still get annoyed about the missed double team hold on the Kickoff return TD and the 4 calls on the goal-line.

If its a blowout, you are kinda spared from that...but when its that close...oi...its tough. Leaves a mark for awhile.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zbf7a4e said:
TriCHawk":2zbf7a4e said:

Its too years later and from time to time I still get annoyed about the missed double team hold on the Kickoff return TD and the 4 calls on the goal-line.

If its a blowout, you are kinda spared from that...but when its that close...oi...its tough. Leaves a mark for awhile.

Oh don't get me wrong... it sucks. I'll avoid all highlights of this game for the rest of my days.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TriCHawk":131g94sx said:
Marvin49":131g94sx said:
TriCHawk":131g94sx said:

Its too years later and from time to time I still get annoyed about the missed double team hold on the Kickoff return TD and the 4 calls on the goal-line.

Oh don't get me wrong... it sucks. I'll avoid all highlights of this game for the rest of my days.

I went the other way. I've watched SB 47 about 30 or 40 times (tho I usually stop after the long Frank Gore run at the end that setup 1st and goal).

It actually helped desensitize myself from it. Its not really painful to see the game...with the exception of those last few plays.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":172g3ugz said:
TriCHawk":172g3ugz said:

Its two years later and from time to time I still get annoyed about the missed double team hold on the Kickoff return TD and the 4 calls on the goal-line.

I agree it was a fantastic game. I am also kinda thinking about it roughly as a fan of one team. I want to erase the game from my RW dvd...but may have to go back several times to make sure I understand the schemes that were played on us and maybe get something out of it. What Marvin says about desensitizing a person on this game is a good idea. I think the pain will lessen as time goes by and I get a better understanding of what went wrong vs what was done to win it. So reviewing it as a casual observer without green and Blue glasses may be a good idea. I already noticed a few things that were wierd on that Blue and Green teams plays. Looks like some of those players were not playing up to their true caliber. I still see one play in the 3rd qtr that stands out on our crappy receiver. er uh....I think you know who I am talking about. Any way ...go hawks.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rlkats":2q9lhva2 said:
I kind of thought the ball was thrown to far in front. If he back shoulder threw it. It is a TD.

Exactly, and with Lockette releasing late and slow it was doomed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":140za8g9 said:
TriCHawk":140za8g9 said:
Marvin49":140za8g9 said:
TriCHawk":140za8g9 said:

I went the other way. I've watched SB 47 about 30 or 40 times (tho I usually stop after the long Frank Gore run at the end that setup 1st and goal).

It actually helped desensitize myself from it. Its not really painful to see the game...with the exception of those last few plays.

I'm with TriCHawk on this one. I never watched the 9ers/Ravens Super Bowl again.

I have absolutely no desire to. :lol:

Latest posts