Fact-based NFL talking heads

Northhawk

Reaction score
Found myself listening and watching more NFL talk radio and TV. I stopped years ago as it became apparent Seattle's small market and dismal record guaranteed we received minimal mention on any of the shows.

The last two years, coverage of the Hawks has improved for sure. However, we're never going to get the same attention as a Dallas, Green Bay, Pitts or NE. I have come to accept this. But the build up to the wild card match ups had me searching for a rationale discussion and I came up empty.

For example, this morning's NFL Network have be going on about Cam being Superman. K. They won four in a row but they are still a sub 500 team. Superman? Come on.

I understand that broadcasters and writers feel the need to tell stories and, if none exist, they'll just make them up. That's fine, if people need to be entertained in this fashion in order to follow the sport that's their right and decision.

However, I was just wondering if there is a straight up show or talking head that provides great analysis without all the phoney hype?

I know there's lots of web sites out there but I like to listen while I drive or putter around the house. Problem is most talking heads make me want to puke. I'm not looking for a pro-Seahawk person just a fair and good analyst who gives good insight into other teams.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
On NFL radio this morning, I heard one of the announcers (Kirwin maybe) joking about how they have to sell the games.

He said something along the lines of, "Well we could be honest and pitch it as a battle between a 3rd string QB with no running game and a worn out defense and a 7-8-1 team."

-bsd RPA

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Outside of Rich Eisen, who isn't really football guru-ish, I don't care for any of the NFL Gameday guys much. My favorite is NFL AM on NFLN with Babs and Eric Davis. Even though ED is an ex-whiner, he is one of the most non biased ex-player mediots out there. Even LaVarr isn't bad some of the time and humorous.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Any time you can find Willie McGinist on NFLN, you'll get fair analysis without the QB-centric or WR-centric crap you get from a lot of other guys.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3h2bygui said:
Any time you can find Willie McGinist on NFLN, you'll get fair analysis without the QB-centric or WR-centric crap you get from a lot of other guys.

God bless, Willie. He's one of the great Trojan linebackers, had a terrific NFL career and really knows what he's talking about. He also was one of the guys who very publicly spoke up on Pete's behalf when Pete got the job at USC and the athletic department was fielding a ton of criticism for the hire.