Projected NFL Playoff Tree

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just to preface this.. this is MY projection.. not anything to really hang your hat on until dates/times are all official.. but I think it will be pretty close to accurate..

Saturday January 3
Arizona at Atlanta/Carolina - 1:30 PM PT, ESPN
San Diego at Pittsburgh - 5:00 PM PT, NBC (Note: if Pittsburgh LOSES to Cincy, I expect Pit-Ind to be moved to Saturday Night on NBC)

Sunday January 4
Cincinnati at Indianapolis - 10:00 AM PT, CBS
Detroit/Green Bay at Dallas - 1:30 PM PT, FOX

Saturday January 10
Highest remaining seed at NFC North Champ - 1:30 PM PT, FOX
Highest remaining seed at Denver - 5:30 PM PT, CBS

Sunday January 11
Lowest remaining seed at New England - 10:00 AM PT, CBS
Lowest remaining seed at Seattle - 1:30 PT, FOX

(This is where it gets tricky, as given the recent pattern by the NFL.. the AFC #2 seed would typically play on Sunday in the early kickoff, while the AFC #1 would play Saturday night.. BUT since both Denver and Seattle would be slated to play at home on the same day.. the Broncos game would then be swapped with New England to fit the time difference.)

Sunday January 18
NFC Championship - 12:00 PM PT - FOX
AFC Championship - 3:30 PM PT - CBS

Sunday February 1
Super Bowl XLIX, Glendale, AZ - NBC

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasslebeck: I know you're absolutely sure of the Championship games being rotated every year and you may very well be correct (and I will stand up and say so if you are) but I'm going to say right here, right now that if the Hawks and Pats (or Stealers, or another Eastern or Central time zone team) host the NFCCG and the AFCCG respectively, our game will be the later one.

Latest posts