New Harbaugh trade rumors

korboko

Reaction score
Remember back in day when Niner fans would brag they have a better couch and that Harbaugh would win a Super Bowl ring before Pete Caroll? Good times.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":psjzrzif said:
Oakland and the Jets apparently interested...Schefter tweeted it.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 57628.html
As much as I dislike Harbaugh, I'm coming to the conclusion that any turmoil there is not just of his making--especially in light of the recent tweets by Trent Baalke's daughter and team CEO Jed York.

pehawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":2bccbw2o said:
hawksfansinceday1":2bccbw2o said:
Oakland and the Jets apparently interested...Schefter tweeted it.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 57628.html
As much as I dislike Harbaugh, I'm coming to the conclusion that any turmoil there is not just of his making--especially in light of the recent tweets by Trent Baalke's daughter and team CEO Jed York.

You are spot on. The Hawks will have an advantage in the owners box for the foreseeable future. York is a joke.

rideaducati

Reaction score
korboko":tha9pj9a said:
Remember back in day when Niner fans would brag they have a better couch and that Harbaugh would win a Super Bowl ring before Pete Caroll? Good times.

I miss those guys. I wish they were here so we could rub their noses in it.

irocdave

Reaction score
lol, this thread needs to stay on top for future niner fans to view.

Our local niner trolls wonder why Hawk fans dislike them. Must be nice to have zero memory of what you say or better yet, post online.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Harbaugh has committed the biggest sin. He has been very, very good, but not great. Like Schembechler, he has not been able to win the big ones.

I personally wish he would stay in SF.

HawkWow

Reaction score
You wouldn't say that if it wasn't true, so I won't bother to look.

I am astounded to learn Bo never won a title during his 100 + years in the sport. That's a little factoid that would win a guy money at the bar. I had no idea.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2cvgsgfa said:
Harbaugh has committed the biggest sin. He has been very, very good, but not great. Like Schembechler, he has not been able to win the big ones.

Yep, reminds me of Tony Dungy in Tampa. Built a great team, won lots of regular season games, couldn't win in the playoffs even when he was told his job was on the line. Tampa fires him, trades for Gruden and wins the SB the next year.

Of course Dungy eventually went on to team up with fellow playoff choker PeyPey to finally not choke.

I don't see Hardouche or the Niners winning the big one anytime soon though.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1na2rlwx said:
Harbaugh has committed the biggest sin. He has been very, very good, but not great. Like Schembechler, he has not been able to win the big ones......

Like Schottenheimer and dare I say Chuck Knox..........good but never got the brass ring.

(btw they are the 2 all-time winningest NFL coaches with no SB appearances)

Completely agree with Pe that this is way more York and Baalke than it is Hardouche. If he wants to stick it to them he'll resign to go to Michigan and make it known beforehand that he's strongly considering it so no NFL team is willing to trade for him. Suppose that'll depend on how badly he wants to stay in the NFL.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Does he have any friends left in the college ranks. He hasn't made any in the pro ranks. I think it may be time for a move to the high school programs in Texas. It has to suck to constantly run out of friends and have to move. :stirthepot:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":8i85jzos said:

Honestly, as a Niner fan...I'm really torn.

The guy is flat a great coach.

I don't have nearly the problems with him and his style that others do...

...but what I AM tired of is the CONSTANT "will he stay or will he go" drama. It started BEFORE he was hired with the whole Stephen Ross flying in from Miami thing.

I'll be sad to see him go if he does in fact leave, but there is a part of me that is happy that we might be able to cut down on the drama this offseason...one way or the other.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":4isfi4ql said:
Scottemojo":4isfi4ql said:

...but what I AM tired of is the CONSTANT "will he stay or will he go" drama. It started BEFORE he was hired with the whole Stephen Ross flying in from Miami thing.

I'll be sad to see him go if he does in fact leave, but there is a part of me that is happy that we might be able to cut down on the drama this offseason...one way or the other.

"great coach?"

NINEster

Reaction score
Uncle Si":169vhzn7 said:
Marvin49":169vhzn7 said:
Scottemojo":169vhzn7 said:

"great coach?"

Defined by SB success? Perhaps not.

Every other metric, yes.

Best W/L record since 2011 over any other head coach in the NFL. That includes your vaunted head coach who has had prior experience in the NFL and it wasn't so great (early to late '90s Jets and Patriots). The NFL Network made a top 10 "College Coaches who shouldn't have made it to the NFL".....and P.C. was on that list.

Right, wrong or indifferent, he made the list. Harbaugh won't be making that list.

Many 49er fans genuinely feel he is holding the team back mostly on offensive game planning and play calling -- two things Carroll does not get involved in. If the 49ers fix that issue, they are a much better team than they are now.

Most of us want Harbaugh to stay but want to see a change in OC and most offensive coach positions. But that does not appear to be realistic from what we know.

OrFan

Reaction score
We want him to stay also, advantage Seahawks. The niners have had a couple of coaches recently that have seriously helped our team. That place has been loaded with talent, yet neither Singlebraincell or Hairball has been able to take advantage of it well enough to hurt us.

Largent80

Reaction score
If he leaves the only meltdowns we will see are the "fans" that live here in their quest (whatever it is) to try and convince us of whatever it is they are trying to convince us of at the moment.

Personally, I just love beating them on the field and leave it at that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":4h9e9k08 said:
Uncle Si":4h9e9k08 said:
Marvin49":4h9e9k08 said:
Scottemojo":4h9e9k08 said:

"great coach?"

Defined by SB success? Perhaps not.

Every other metric, yes.

Best W/L record since 2011 over any other head coach in the NFL. That includes your vaunted head coach who has had prior experience in the NFL and it wasn't so great (early to late '90s Jets and Patriots). The NFL Network made a top 10 "College Coaches who shouldn't have made it to the NFL".....and P.C. was on that list.

Right, wrong or indifferent, he made the list. Harbaugh won't be making that list.

Many 49er fans genuinely feel he is holding the team back mostly on offensive game planning and play calling -- two things Carroll does not get involved in. If the 49ers fix that issue, they are a much better team than they are now.

Most of us want Harbaugh to stay but want to see a change in OC and most offensive coach positions. But that does not appear to be realistic from what we know.

I think your wrong about him not making that list or at least you could be. Tell me, if Fangio decided to leave (maybe took a head coach job) and Harbaugh had to start next year with a new DC, would you want him as your coach?

I wouldn't and if he does end up coaching somewhere without Fangio or the level of talent he walked into in the Bay, I'd bet big money he fails miserably and is exposed for what he is. A coach that walked into a near perfect situation and an elite DC who kept him in games and he ran that program into the ground and probably won't even fulfill his 1st contract.

We have been saying this since he walked through the door down there. He isn't a great coach until he can prove he can maintain what he has and obviously has not been able to. Pete is already on his first extension.

That great coach your looking for, the one who has the ability to build a team like Walsh did is coaching your current rival. Go look at Walsh's history about getting everyone to buy in or drafting a 3rd round QB who took his team to elite status.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that Thanks giving day beating was just another example of Pete's complete and total domination of everything Jim Harbaugh and when the dust settles and their careers are over it will be blatantly obvious which coach really was a great coach and which coach was just plain lucky for a little while.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I've been watching football for a long time, and maybe I haven't paid enough attention... When did trading a coach become an option? I've never heard of that until Harbaugh. Is that just something written in to his contract?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I thought it wasn't allowed too? Last year I seem to remember Shefter saying the league would shoot down a trade but I don't remember why.

And I just wanted an excuse to say to another Tri-City Hawks fan. :)