Interesting tidbit from Hawkblogger

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2014/10/a-fe ... .html#more

If you think the refs are against the Seahawks, you may be right. Not only is Seattle #31 in penalties this season, but their opponents have been called for the fewest penalties per game and fewest penalty yards in the NFL. Seattle is facing a 25 yard/game deficit in penalties alone that needs to be made up elsewhere.

I'm of a mind to go through all our opponents games, chart their penalties and compare as a % to the penalties they were called for against us. I'd like to know if not only are our opponents the least penalized, but if that's an aberration from how our opponents are penalized vs other teams.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I thought the Tripping Bill Leavy called on Sherman for tackling Dez Bryant instead of letting him score a touchdown was legit...

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
ivotuk":1icu8gy9 said:
I thought the Tripping Bill Leavy called on Sherman for tackling Dez Bryant instead of letting him score a touchdown was legit...
If one refers to the Hasselbeck call in SB XL when he tried to tackle after the interception then one can see that tripping by Sherman was most definitely the correct call. Preventing a TD by a media darling is an illegal play, it's written right in the rules.

pehawk

Reaction score
This is the second time I've seen a Hawgblogger article on a topic, a bit after someone else had either tweeted or posted an identical topic here. I'm not usually a hater on bloggers/media, but Hawkblogger seems legit snarky, was a Flynnite, and the type who LOVES the Rams every preseason.

JonRud

Reaction score
the one thing Holmgren had over Pete is the teams were disciplined and had among the lowest penalties in the NFL. I understand all this 'aggressive penalties' and whatnot, but Pete has never been able to get this under control. I think you just have to live with it as a byproduct of his coaching style.

Bottom line we won the Super Bowl with the most penalties in the league and it doesn't seem like that is getting any better this year. it does seem like our opponents have had a lot of holding go uncalled though.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2696mhbq said:
ivotuk":2696mhbq said:
If one refers to the Hasselbeck call in SB XL when he tried to tackle after the interception then one can see that tripping by Sherman was most definitely the correct call. Preventing a TD by a media darling is an illegal play, it's written right in the rules.

:lol: Good call.

pehawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":1864b4vb said:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99892

This guy beat hawkblogger to it.

I've noticed this from Hawkblogger, a few times now.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2s1jljta said:
razgriz737":2s1jljta said:

I hear he's working on an article about which seahawk you would most like to bang.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":215z2qbn said:
pehawk":215z2qbn said:
razgriz737":215z2qbn said:

I hear he's working on an article about which seahawk you would most like to bang.

Well, that's not really fair. Copper Helfelt is just now beginning to play, of course he'll write about him.

StoneCold

Reaction score
ivotuk":2z4v5xqi said:

Are you insane or just trolling?

SC

OkieHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":24t5i735 said:
ivotuk":24t5i735 said:

SC

Sarcasm, it's not for everyone.

StoneCold

Reaction score
OkieHawk":26ama3j6 said:
StoneCold":26ama3j6 said:
ivotuk":26ama3j6 said:

SC

Sarcasm, it's not for everyone.

Are you being sarcastic or just trolling?

SC

StoneCold

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1gom0x1b said:
@SC Well played sir.

To be honest I haven't read Ivotuk enough to know his style. I suspected he was kidding. It at least made me go find some video and it has to be one of the worst calls ever.

And in my defense, without naming names or being mean, I have read some pretty dumb shit on these forums.

SC
some if it by me

OkieHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":350vzuxn said:
OkieHawk":350vzuxn said:
@SC Well played sir.

To be honest I haven't read Ivotuk enough to know his style. I suspected he was kidding. It at least made me go find some video and it has to be one of the worst calls ever.

And in my defense, without naming names or being mean, I have read some pretty dumb shit on these forums.

SC
some if it by me

Dumb stuff happens, it's the interwebz.

Cartire

Reaction score
if only we had a sarcasm emoji. That would solve everything...

mikeak

Reaction score
razgriz737":362uv6xs said:

While correct even that guy read it somewhere :) - I liked his post yesterday but credit should be given to someone else who we don't know who it is

From that OP: "I read an interesting post about how the Seahawks’ opponents were faring in terms of penalties when they played the Seahawks, vs. that team’s normal average. This person had looked at a few games and felt things looked off, "

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd buy into this theory if I hadn't actually watched all the games.

Sorry, but can't blame the refs for false starts, holding, delay of games, offsides and stupid personal foul penalties.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":195mxrhu said:
I'd buy into this theory if I hadn't actually watched all the games.

Sorry, but can't blame the refs for false starts, holding, delay of games, offsides and stupid personal foul penalties.

But youre missing the point. Its not about OUR penalties. Its about the LACK of penalties the other teams are getting. When they play us, they get noticeably fewer penalties then all their other games.

And we've all seen a bunch of non-calls.

Its not always about directly impacting the seahawks to make a difference. You can help the other team by simply not calling infractions. Which there is no way to argue them because they were never called. Way easier to do that.