Reaction score
Offseason lossss:

Bryant
Clemens
McDonald
Thurmond
Giacomini
Tate

Can't lose that many top players, incur important injuries, and expect to play at a high level.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Of those listed, really the only one that is hurting us right now is Tate.

Not having Sidney Rice, Z. Miller, and Tate is killing us.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
seabowl":1x5r7fgw said:
Offseason lossss:

Bryant
Clemens
McDonald
Thurmond
Giacomini
Tate

Can't lose that many top players, incur important injuries, and expect to play at a high level.
The Bryant and the Giacomini loss were the big ones IMHO

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Steve2222":23wikc1j said:

Every one of these is hurting us this year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Downfall? It's the 5th game of the season, man... jeez.

Were it not for Dallas's OC going full retard and refusing to run on anything but 1st down in week one, that's probably a 5-0 Dallas team we played today.

Give it a rest.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
lol I love it when this board is on meltdown mode after seahawks losses.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Laloosh":6tiwylfu said:

Were it not for Dallas's OC going full retard and refusing to run on anything but 1st down in week one, that's probably a 5-0 Dallas team we played today.

Give it a rest.

3-2 my friend and incredibly outplayed in both losses. We have an uphill climb in front of us.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
1. No turnovers.

2. Injuries

3. No deep game.

4. No Marshawn.

5. Wilson getting pressured all day.

6. Too much blitzing.

Laloosh

Reaction score
seabowl":rvz6zmk9 said:
Laloosh":rvz6zmk9 said:

Give it a rest.

3-2 my friend and incredibly outplayed in both losses. We have an uphill climb in front of us.

There's a difference between uphill and talking about the downfall of the team in week six with a winning record. We got problems but we're not suddenly a bad team. Between o-line issues and DB depth being tested, we have a really big hill to climb (this schedule is going to be brutal) but I don't feel like we've already lost it all just because we lost a couple of games.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Isn't Thurmond done for the season with an injury? Think we dodged a bullet on him. He can't stay healthy.

I definitely miss Tate though.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It the fundamentals. Catching, blocking, tackling. No one is excelling here (except maybe Bwags). You can scheme the perfect pass play but if you don't catch the ball... You can be in the right position but if you don't make the tackle....You can have the best running back but if you don't block your guy...
Fix these three things and we will winning games.. You can call out everyone you want but the problems are with everyone. It is a discipline problem.
As others have mentioned maybe we have high expectations. But that is not a bad thing. We know what this team is capable of. So not getting to that point is a failure. It just goes to show how hard it is to win in this league.
Our defense has played Green Bay, San Diego, Denver, and Dallas. A very tough road. I will give a bit of slack but they can do better.
Our offense is anemic. Dropped passes and penalties will be our downfall. When you have to get 15-20 yards on every first down it makes things a bit easier for the opposing defense. I do not like the way we are handling the offense. Very few throws downfield. Offense line be damned. We have to do it to help the run game and short pass game. If we do not spread the field out it compresses everything and makes the wholes smaller for everyone. Of course catching the ball when it is thrown downfield will help as well. I think our offensive coaching is too enamored with Percy. He is great but it seams like they are trying to force it. He should be a great addition to our offense not the center of it. We did better last year (it seams to me but I have the negative glasses on right now) on offense with less.?.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I believe it's three fold:

We aren't nearly as focused as we were last year. What I mean is we aren't playing with that chip we've all been talking about for three yrs now.

Our offensive playbook has failed. The designs of these plays is atrocious.

And I don't buy the "we're not getting open" sentiment. Honestly, I think Wilson struggles to find the guys that are open and when he does see them, he's too cautious half the time to let it fly. Against Wash, he could run...but against this team he had no space and therefore our pass game was completely absent downfield.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":2nkhohfz said:
Russel Okung sucks.

Draft Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M.

Amazing what a few years does. After his rookie and second years, Okung looked like the next Walter Jones while Carp looked like well... crap. Now as their contracts are due Okung looks pretty bad while Carp looks like a keeper.

chawx

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1drtjair said:
You can't call "Downfall" until you've been eliminated from the playoffs.

We went 3-1 for the first quarter season.

Have started the 2nd quarter season at 0-1 ... if we manage 2-2 I'll be happy, if we go 3-1, it's all gold.

Then if we can go 3-1 again

And then get to the end and go 3-1

We are looking at 12-4 and a probable division crown.

If we go 10-6 or 11-5 we still have a shot.

If we go 9 wins or under, then you can call Downfall.

The man with the 2nd best avatar on this site (besides mine, of course) is correct.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2llt87ym said:
lol I love it when this board is on meltdown mode after seahawks losses.

But you've only been here since April, how would you know?

:141847_bnono:

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Steve2222":14e8pclj said:

Rice was a huge bust for the hawks and spent too much time on the bench in street clothes. We arent missing rice oje bit.

Losing Tate is whats really haunting us

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Losing Tate was huge. Everyone said "noooooo WR are a dime a dozen" "he will be replaced in the draft" and now we are missing him.... He was a stud and a play maker. Loved that guy.

Latest posts