The 6 Reasons For This Teams Downfall

Vetamur

Reaction score
Switched out Tate for Harvin essentially. That should be an upgrade, except that Tate is a downfield receiver that was part of the team. Harvin is a utility player that Bevell is trying to run everything through.

D line isn't getting sacks. Probably because we have 2 legit rushers instead of 4, and nothing inside on most plays. Irvin is helping out a but here the last two game but we miss the rotation we had.

No turnovers. Partly this is luck, partly teams just aren't throwing the deep fades against long CBs like they used to. They are patient , and also going after where we aren't the LOB anymore.

And, to get a bit corny... They've lost the "eye of the tiger". Too many movie roles, tv spots, LOB groupies, documentaries, television shorts, etc. To paraphrase Mickey, "they ain't been hungry since they won those rings".

Finally, some victory disease from the staff. Starts thinking it was all scheme and they could plug anyone in anywhere. We don't have even Jeremy Lane, who was never as good as Walter Thurmond.. And we are playing guys who weren't even on our team in training camp. I didn't see the incessant talent hunting, outside the box recruiting this last off season. Where is the equivalent of Kearse? Brandon Browner? Before they were finding guys other teams over looked because they were from the Island of Misfit Players.. But hubris crept in a bit and they started just grabbing "the norm" and plugging them in. With mixed results.

I hope I'm wrong.

NINEster

Reaction score
Laloosh":2yvadr6h said:
Downfall? It's the 5th game of the season, man... jeez.

Were it not for Dallas's OC going full retard and refusing to run on anything but 1st down in week one, that's probably a 5-0 Dallas team we played today.

Give it a rest.

The Cowboys did move the ball well on the 49ers and in some ways the 49ers benefited from head scratching play call mentality, but at the same time those turnovers weren't gift wrapped either.

When the 49ers get back all their horses on defense I have no worries whatsoever playing that team again, either Dallas or Santa Clara.

Anthony!

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":iaaos8qk said:
I believe it's three fold:

We aren't nearly as focused as we were last year. What I mean is we aren't playing with that chip we've all been talking about for three yrs now.

Our offensive playbook has failed. The designs of these plays is atrocious.

And I don't buy the "we're not getting open" sentiment. Honestly, I think Wilson struggles to find the guys that are open and when he does see them, he's too cautious half the time to let it fly. Against Wash, he could run...but against this team he had no space and therefore our pass game was completely absent downfield.

and yet it has bee documented many times that the WR are not getting open, and Wilson sees just fine.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Vetamur":33dj2uwj said:
Switched out Tate for Harvin essentially. That should be an upgrade, except that Tate is a downfield receiver that was part of the team. Harvin is a utility player that Bevell is trying to run everything through.

D line isn't getting sacks. Probably because we have 2 legit rushers instead of 4, and nothing inside on most plays. Irvin is helping out a but here the last two game but we miss the rotation we had.

No turnovers. Partly this is luck, partly teams just aren't throwing the deep fades against long CBs like they used to. They are patient , and also going after where we aren't the LOB anymore.

And, to get a bit corny... They've lost the "eye of the tiger". Too many movie roles, tv spots, LOB groupies, documentaries, television shorts, etc. To paraphrase Mickey, "they ain't been hungry since they won those rings".

Finally, some victory disease from the staff. Starts thinking it was all scheme and they could plug anyone in anywhere. We don't have even Jeremy Lane, who was never as good as Walter Thurmond.. And we are playing guys who weren't even on our team in training camp. I didn't see the incessant talent hunting, outside the box recruiting this last off season. Where is the equivalent of Kearse? Brandon Browner? Before they were finding guys other teams over looked because they were from the Island of Misfit Players.. But hubris crept in a bit and they started just grabbing "the norm" and plugging them in. With mixed results.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hell of a post man. As I typed this I watched the 9,237th commercial starring a Seattle Seahawk. Even the Seahawk
couple that pose for the camera in the south endzone were in on the fun...........sheeeeeez

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":k045u5ia said:
I believe it's three fold:

We aren't nearly as focused as we were last year. What I mean is we aren't playing with that chip we've all been talking about for three yrs now.

Our offensive playbook has failed. The designs of these plays is atrocious.

And I don't buy the "we're not getting open" sentiment. Honestly, I think Wilson struggles to find the guys that are open and when he does see them, he's too cautious half the time to let it fly. Against Wash, he could run...but against this team he had no space and therefore our pass game was completely absent downfield.

Way more bummed about the defense. Offense is the same... No pass rush, inability to stop the run today, no intimidation at all...

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":wg7s9hof said:
Steve2222":wg7s9hof said:
Of those listed, really the only one that is hurting us right now is Tate.

Not having Sidney Rice, Z. Miller, and Tate is killing us.
Rice was a huge bust for the hawks and spent too much time on the bench in street clothes. We arent missing rice oje bit.

Losing Tate is whats really haunting us

No discernible pass rush is what hurts...

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":7pa3wqd4 said:
bjornanderson21":7pa3wqd4 said:
Steve2222":7pa3wqd4 said:
Of those listed, really the only one that is hurting us right now is Tate.

Not having Sidney Rice, Z. Miller, and Tate is killing us.
Rice was a huge bust for the hawks and spent too much time on the bench in street clothes. We arent missing rice oje bit.

Losing Tate is whats really haunting us

No discernible pass rush is what hurts...

I think a Chris Clemons and even Clinton Mcdonald would have helped here. Those guys were essentially replaced with Schofield/Marsh and Hill. Not exactly an even switch.

Wagon12

Reaction score
seabowl":54dkukr7 said:
Laloosh":54dkukr7 said:
Downfall? It's the 5th game of the season, man... jeez.

Were it not for Dallas's OC going full retard and refusing to run on anything but 1st down in week one, that's probably a 5-0 Dallas team we played today.

Give it a rest.

3-2 my friend and incredibly outplayed in both losses. We have an uphill climb in front of us.

Exactly this. This game wasn't even close/competitive. If it were, then yes, one game doesn't define a season. That said, we looked completely anemic on offense and the defense got gashed in the running game such that we don't even have a top 5 run defense at this point... Wow.

Latest posts