Jerry Jones=Joke

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So let me get this straight that mediot is saying Sherman won't be able to do any better than Joseph? The guy for Houston who gets lit up by everything ever?

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I think it is funny that on here many tell Richard to "just shut up" and if you look at the comments, Dallas fans are saying the same thing....but its to their owner!

kidhawk

Reaction score
You gotta love how PFT keeps up with the times. They talk about Josh Thomas being with the Seahawks when it was Dallas who originally drafted him, yet we cut him 2 days ago :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":33h3rg2b said:
So let me get this straight that mediot is saying Sherman won't be able to do any better than Joseph? The guy for Houston who gets lit up by everything ever?

All Jones said is they weren't going to be afraid to go after Sherman. Why is this shocking news?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20bxhufm said:
MizzouHawkGal":20bxhufm said:

All Jones said is they weren't going to be afraid to go after Sherman. Why is this shocking news?

I wouldn't call it shocking, but why put Dez on Sherman when you could easily match him against Maxwell? Seems to me I'd want to match Dez to Maxwell and go after that all day long.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hkj6cfl said:
MizzouHawkGal":3hkj6cfl said:

They should. Specifically, with receiver Dez Bryant. Sherman won’t be able to cover Bryant any better than Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph did in overtime on Sunday.
This would the shocking part I'm speaking about. Going after Sherman isn't shocking in itself but it's likely stupid but those are 2 different things. Big receivers are in Sherman's wheelhouse much better they match him up to Maxwell but what do I know.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":aaoa31qg said:
Sgt. Largent":aaoa31qg said:
MizzouHawkGal":aaoa31qg said:

They should. Specifically, with receiver Dez Bryant. Sherman won’t be able to cover Bryant any better than Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph did in overtime on Sunday.
This would the shocking part I'm speaking about. Going after Sherman isn't shocking in itself but it's likely stupid but those are 2 different things. Big receivers are in Sherman's wheelhouse much better they match him up to Maxwell but what do I know.

Florio didn't put this part in quotes, so without hearing Jone's interview it's unclear to whether those were his words.

I'm no fan of Jones, I think he's a bafoon of an owner, but it's right in his wheelhouse to talk crap, so not really a story to me.

btw, Sherman hasn't exactly been "on it" as Pete likes to say this year. I'd like to see an interception and dominating performance out of him this week.

papashango

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3tpw2bn5 said:
Sgt. Largent":3tpw2bn5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3tpw2bn5 said:

This is what he's talking about:

64eca30f8c1debc03a668a15fb5b87fb

He's not saying Sherman can't be a better corner than Joseph. He's speaking on that OT play where Joseph had GREAT coverage on Bryant and he still caught it.

Jerry may be a joke but its not because of these comments. I just think you misinterpreted what he's saying. Its more of a credit to the coverage Joseph had on him. Joseph at one point was a top 10 corner in this league. I don't know what he is now but that is solid coverage up there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
papashango":1fjpdyqq said:
MizzouHawkGal":1fjpdyqq said:
Sgt. Largent":1fjpdyqq said:
MizzouHawkGal":1fjpdyqq said:

This is what he's talking about:

64eca30f8c1debc03a668a15fb5b87fb

He's not saying Sherman can't be a better corner than Joseph. He's speaking on that OT play where Joseph had GREAT coverage on Bryant and he still caught it.

Jerry may be a joke but its not because of these comments. I just think you misinterpreted what he's saying. Its more of a credit to the coverage Joseph had on him. Joseph at one point was a top 10 corner in this league. I don't know what he is now but that is solid coverage up there.

Joseph is lucky he wasn't flagged for a PI on that play. He did everything right except turn his head and look for the ball. If he had done that, he may have had an interception.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000408549/article/jerry-jones-cowboys-cant-run-from-richard-sherman[/urltargetblank]

This link talks about the same story, without the patented "let's see how we can make this controversial" spin that PFT is famous for.

"With all of the respect we have for him, we're going to have to give him some business over there or we will hurt the balance of what we can do relative to certainly the passing game," Jones said Friday on KRLD-FM, per ESPN.com. "We can't run from him. That's easy to say and hard to do. We got to challenge him and make him at least cover us one-on-one and Dez (Bryant) of course is the guy who can do it. So I don't see us compromising the rest of our offense by running from Sherman like that."

papashango

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2tn5lb5o said:
papashango":2tn5lb5o said:
Joseph is lucky he wasn't flagged for a PI on that play. He did everything right except turn his head and look for the ball. If he had done that, he may have had an interception.

Yeah you usually see the yellow flag when you defend like that. In reality, IMO its great defense but the refs have a tendency to throw a flag if your back is facing the football. Had Dez dropped it he probably would've got the flag.

papashango

Reaction score
kidhawk":asxi31yc said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000408549/article/jerry-jones-cowboys-cant-run-from-richard-sherman[/urltargetblank]

This link talks about the same story, without the patented "let's see how we can make this controversial" spin that PFT is famous for.

"With all of the respect we have for him, we're going to have to give him some business over there or we will hurt the balance of what we can do relative to certainly the passing game," Jones said Friday on KRLD-FM, per ESPN.com. "We can't run from him. That's easy to say and hard to do. We got to challenge him and make him at least cover us one-on-one and Dez (Bryant) of course is the guy who can do it. So I don't see us compromising the rest of our offense by running from Sherman like that."

That quote isn't nearly as controversial though lol. But that's how PFT works.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ersyjo0 said:

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HE SAID THAT!

lol............taken out of context to sensationalize something that doesn't exist FTL.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
hawkfan68":1dtcfd1t said:

Sherm always plays the ball. Dez looks back. He looks back. That underthrown ball is a sure interception if Sherman is there instead of Joseph.

papashango

Reaction score
jdemps":1ko114pr said:
hawkfan68":1ko114pr said:

Sherm always plays the ball. Dez looks back. He looks back. That underthrown ball is a sure interception if Sherman is there instead of Joseph.
At the same time though Sherman probably wouldn't even be guarding him on that side of the field. That would more than likely be Maxwell.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
So many people called the Packers cowards for avoiding Sherman all day that it's now become a bit of a ****-measuring contest where teams have to throw Sherman's way to prove they're not afraid of him. Which means he'll get his first pick very soon. :)

dopeboy206

Reaction score
So he is a joke for saying they can't run away from him because it will ruin the balance of the cowboys offense? Smh

HansGruber

Reaction score
I hope Romo does go after Sherman.

Romo ain't all that good in CLink. He has a history of flaming out pretty bad here. Lacks the focus to play well under the pressure. Like Kaepernick.

Further, it's funny that Jerrah would say anything to rile up the LOB after what they did to his team last we played. That game was never close. And Dallas looked like they wanted to run away by the end of the game. They quit by halftime. There were Dallas fans near our group at the game who were actually freaking out about it, crying about never seeing Dallas play that scared. Well guess what, Dallas fans? You actually have a worse defense this season and that's been masked by playing some serious cream puffs. Playing in Seattle, AT the CLink? Ugh. They shouldn't be talking any trash.

papashango

Reaction score
HansGruber":ay7hp8a7 said:
I hope Romo does go after Sherman.

Romo ain't all that good in CLink. He has a history of flaming out pretty bad here. Lacks the focus to play well under the pressure. Like Kaepernick.

Further, it's funny that Jerrah would say anything to rile up the LOB after what they did to his team last we played. That game was never close. And Dallas looked like they wanted to run away by the end of the game. They quit by halftime. There were Dallas fans near our group at the game who were actually freaking out about it, crying about never seeing Dallas play that scared. Well guess what, Dallas fans? You actually have a worse defense this season and that's been masked by playing some serious cream puffs. Playing in Seattle, AT the CLink? Ugh. They shouldn't be talking any trash.

I don't know about the Saint's being cream puffs. They may have a terrible defense but their offense is pretty good. As long as Sean Payton is there, it always will be.

peachesenregalia":ay7hp8a7 said:
papashango":ay7hp8a7 said:
jdemps":ay7hp8a7 said:
hawkfan68":ay7hp8a7 said:

At the same time though Sherman probably wouldn't even be guarding him on that side of the field. That would more than likely be Maxwell.

Alright man, I gotta ask. Are you actually Legendary Cowboys fan and youtube sensation John Shango?

Haha no i'm not. I actually got my name from a old WWF wrestler named Papa Shango lol. He use to scare me as a kid but the name sort of stuck. HE would later go on to become the Godfather who was a pimp lol.