Notable 2014 Seahawk Stats

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Some would be a huge surprise before the season started, while others show we're working with the exact same formula that led us to a Super Bowl. Take note we've played 1 less game than many teams, which skews some stats a little bit

Offence :

#1 in rush yards per game

#30 in pass yards per game

#1 in turnovers allowed, with only 1 (RW INT vs Den)

#27 in 3rd down %

Leading receiver : Doug Baldwin, with just 155 yds in 4 games (good for #93 in the league)

Receiving touchdowns leader : Marshawn Lynch with 3, followed by Lockette with 2

Of the top 50 rushers in the league, only 2 are QB’s, RW and Kaepernick, at 28 & 29 . Of the top 50, RW is #1 in average yards per carry

Defence :

#1 in rush yards allowed per game

#22 in passing yards allowed per game

Tied for #28 with only 3 forced turnovers

Tied for #24 with only 6 sacks

Special Teams :

#27 in Kickoff return average (very surprising with Percy as our KR)

#1 in Kickoff return average allowed

byau

Reaction score
12thManNorth":2agmflri said:
Defence :

Nice stats.. and ouch on some of those defensive stats. I heard on a radio show that in "defensive efficiency" (whatever that is) Seahawks are 12th out of 32.

Dang

Another stat from the radio show: Russell Wilson has passed 2TDs in every game so far. Nice

hoxrox

Reaction score
Need some turnovers.

We're wayyyyy behind on turnovers compared to the same time last year.

byau

Reaction score
More stats heading into Sunday (from a few Yahoo Sports articles)

RUSHING:
Seattle: #1 rush yards per game 167.3
Dallas: #2 rush yards per game 160.0

Seattle: #1 rush defense allowed yards per game: 62.3
Seattle: #1 rush defense allowed yards per carry: less than 3 (article didn't specify) (only team under 3)
Dallas: Murray is 3rd running back in NFL history to have first five games 100+ yards (Jim Brown, OJ Simpson)

Seattle: 30.8 rushes per game
Dallas: 32.6 rushes per game (#1)

PASSING:
Seattle: Wilson's completion rate: 70.3% (#1)
Dallas: Romo's completion rate: 69.2%

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We've had bad luck with turnovers, tons of chances with the ball just not bouncing or deflecting the right way. So I'm not worried about turnovers, they'll come.

I am worried about sacks and 3rd down conversions. Gotta improve on those.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While turnovers are nice, if the defense is solid (as the Seahawks) they can survive without them. Turnovers can help teams mask weaknesses on defense. Considering that the Seahawks have played 3 top 10 QBs in the league in 4 of their games, the lack of turnovers is not surprising. Even better is the fact that the Seahawks don't turnover the ball themselves so it doesn't give their opponents a chance to capitalize there either.

Treghc

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1so24c0f said:

Not at all. Nobody is kicking to him. He doesn't even get the opportunity to try something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Treghc":3adiiabs said:
12thManNorth":3adiiabs said:

Not at all. Nobody is kicking to him. He doesn't even get the opportunity to try something.

The league doesn't want KO returns.

Percy will get more opportunities as the weather gets nastier and colder, should help with the football not going as far on KO's.

Shock2k

Reaction score
byau":1aolraj0 said:
12thManNorth":1aolraj0 said:
Defence :

Nice stats.. and ouch on some of those defensive stats. I heard on a radio show that in "defensive efficiency" (whatever that is) Seahawks are 12th out of 32.

Dang

Another stat from the radio show: Russell Wilson has passed 2TDs in every game so far. Nice

I think we forget we just finished playing Manning, Rogers, and Rivers. And Collins is no slouch, he can put up big passing numbers.

Don't worry, we basically played a few playoff level games over the past 4 weeks. As an alternative, if you asked me before the season would I be happy with 3-1 and #1 against the run. I would take it against that competition.

This was the hardest part of our schedule (barring major injury heading into the last 5 games). There is a better then average chance we will be 15 and 1 this season.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Dallas, with the possible exception of Philadelphia, is probably the last game on our schedule against a truly good offense. Meanwhile we've just got done playing four of the better ones.

In fact last year in four offensive categories per the 4 teams, only 1 of 16 was statistically not in the top half of the league and 11 of 16 categories were top 10 last season.

Total Yards, Pass Yards, Rush Yards, Scoring standing:

Denver: 1, 1, 15, 1
Green Bay: 3, 6, 7, 8
San Diego: 5, 4, 13, 12
Washington: 9, 16, 5, 23

Those numbers are down a bit this year - in part because they've all played a game against Seattle.

All this to say our defense should get better. Numerous factors have contributed to a perceived "down year"

1.) Adjusting to new rules

2.) Playing good QB's

3.) Bringing in a brand new nickel cornerback

4.) Bringing in new pass rushers

5.) An odd opening schedule

6.) a few big plays vs. Denver and Washington really skew things and make them look much worse than the totality of the games they happened in. Denver was beat down for 3 quarters before rallying in the 4th, and Washington basically did absolutely nothing outside of 2 long plays for 120 yards and a score.

7.) Phillip Rivers played a phenomenal game against us on a day when our guys were obviously scorched by the heat and the fact that he's just a really good QB maybe playing it better than anyone in the league over the past season+

Removing Dallas and Philadelpha from the equation, based on last year's stats our remaining opponents averaged the following NFL rankings last season:

Total Yards: 21
Passing Yards: 24
Rushing Yards: 15
Scoring: 17

byau

Reaction score
Shock2k":8vwekib9 said:
Don't worry, we basically played a few playoff level games over the past 4 weeks. As an alternative, if you asked me before the season would I be happy with 3-1 and #1 against the run. I would take it against that competition.

This was the hardest part of our schedule (barring major injury heading into the last 5 games). There is a better then average chance we will be 15 and 1 this season.

Slightly disagree because they will all be playoff level games. Every team will likely pay attention and focus and gameplan and bring their best when they play the reigning Super Bowl winners, and that happens to be the Seahawks

Other teams surely will treat it as a playoff level game. The Seahawks should also

Largent80

Reaction score
Why do they even bother kicking off?

Almost every kickoff is a field goal, so boring, I hate all of these rule changes, all the penalties, they are absolutely ruining the game.

We dropped a BUNCH of INT's this year so far, and we have been pressuring the QB fairly well if you are watching the games at all. The turnovers will come, they just have to catch the damn ball.