Was going to ask about the latest Rain City Redemption ...

drdiags

Reaction score
then I found this on Cornell's Facebook page

Huge win for the Hawks yesterday! I couldn't be happier with how we played with the exception of the last Denver drive. It's almost like they make it interesting on purpose sometimes. I guess overtime just makes it that much sweeter.

On a side note - I've received a lot of of hateful messages this morning and deservingly so. Despite of all that, the times it's taken to finish this episode comes as a greater disappointment to myself. Be that as it may, between working full time, running a small business and video editing, I've worked my butt off for the last 5 months to get this episode to where it is now and will continue working into the A.M. hours every night of the week to get this done asap. All I can say is it will be here when it's here. It is happening. It will be great. For those proclaiming they won't watch it when it comes out due to the delays, I understand - but you will be missing out. For those that continue to show support and understanding, I thank you again. Go Hawks!

https://www.facebook.com/raincityseries

I just don't understand how people can lose perspective on things. They get disappointed and lose all of their decency.

Come on Man!

idahohawk

Reaction score
I went over and posted support on his page. Negative trolls are lame. This guy does this on his own time and produces a phenomenal product. It will be more than worth the wait when it when it drops.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I will be glad to troll all of those "fans" leaving hateful comments for him on FB...what he's doing and has done is nothing short of amazing...once all released, I'll somehow find a way to get it all on DVD and show my future kids and grandkids, the greatest football season of my life. Forget the haters Cornell!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
drdiags":32ag6w0c said:
I just don't understand how people can lose perspective on things. They get disappointed and lose all of their decency.

Come on Man!
People are greedy and selfish. When we want something, we want it now.

:229031_shrug:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I totally forgot about this...Cant wait to watch it whenever it is finished

kearly

Reaction score
What a bunch of whiny, sulking bitches. For the sake of my sanity, I hope they are just kids who haven't grown up yet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":4qv1ok03 said:
What a bunch of whiny, sulking bitches. For the sake of my sanity, I hope they are just kids who haven't grown up yet.
Better to face reality, you'll be less disappointed in the long run, IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
People just need to take keyboards out of the hands of idiots.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":vmypottt said:
kearly":vmypottt said:
Better to face reality, you'll be less disappointed in the long run, IMO.
That is reality. No matter what their age, they're just kids who haven't grown up yet. Age is just a number.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I can't wait to watch this episode.

I have nothing but gratitude and admiration for Cornell. He is doing a great service for all of us fans. Anyone who gives him crap for "taking too long" is an idiot.

OrFan

Reaction score
chris98251":359c0fc0 said:
People just need to take keyboards out of the hands of idiots.

True, but there is an easier way. Stupid people should not be allowed to breed.

I am extremely grateful he does these. Delays, who cares? Being thankful for him doing this at all, and to such a professional degree, is how we should be.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
His only mistake was putting a time table on it. as an artist who routinely gets requests from friends and family to 'help with a really quick easy art project!' I know never to commit to anything with any sort of time table in mind unless you're getting paid to do it.

anyone giving him crap over it or saying they won't watch it now can be banished to the same island as fans at the stadium who treat visitors like garbage and start fights.

cgfcgf

Reaction score
I'm not sure how people can complain about a great thing that is provided to them and then when told there will be a delay they have to be negatively weird. I guess there are negative people in the world (that will probably provide negative comments in my posts) but I choose just to not listen. I read them. Get a little agitated. But I try not to get sucked into negative/over critical land.

Mr. Cornell does a great job on these. Waiting for something that is the final chapter in the great saga...is great.

I only ask one thing if he is reading...can you include the banner ceremonies (which wouldn't have been included with the original release date). Now that the delay is here and can't be stopped could you throw some of that opening night/banner celebration into this one (maybe as the credits are rolling?).

Can't express thanks enough for this great series of work (remember...he started it without knowing the final great ending).

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hawknballs":gs7xsa5a said:
His only mistake was putting a time table on it. as an artist who routinely gets requests from friends and family to 'help with a really quick easy art project!' I know never to commit to anything with any sort of time table in mind unless you're getting paid to do it.
+1
I did a poster for a non-profit's event on a 3-day weekend turnaround, FOR FREE. They told me the elements they wanted, gave an unsolicited directive of "use your best artistic judgment", then completely rejected what I gave them. They wanted me to start from scratch and wanted it in 2 days. I said no. I already gave them nearly 30 free hours of digital artistry and I had no more free hours to give. I haven't volunteered my services since.

Take your sweet time, William Cornell. With your attention to detail, I'm guessing 30 hours nets maybe 10-15 minutes of finished footage? Your audience will wait as long as it takes.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
It'll be worth the wait we all know that. Rather have it done masterfully and take a few extra weeks then rush it and have him not be happy with it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The people who want it now should pay up if they really care that much.

But this is reality: people who get stuff for free are the ones who complain the loudest.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I've came close to walking away from volunteer work more than once because of lofty expectations for free work. Amazing how some people want everyting for nothing.