Europe loves the Seahawks!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
So far, I've traveled to Paris, Berlin and Prague in the last few weeks, and have been rocking Seahawks gear almost the whole time. The reaction has been dramatic, unexpected, and awesome!

Everywhere I go, Europeans are stopping me in the street to fist bump, yelling "Go Hawks", and showing tons of love. Literally no less than 5-6 people per day, going out of their way to stop me and talk Hawks. One guy told me Russell Wilson is a celebrity in Turkey because he "looks Turkish". I've also met a few Niner and Cowboy fans, but they were American. Met one German Steelers fan who teased me about XL.

Without exception, the Seahawk fans here have all been European. A few Russians, a lot of Germans, a Brit and one Turkish guy! One guy told me he witnessed the Beast Quake (and his girlfriend hilariously eye rolled), another said he'd been to the Kingdome twice and the Turkish guy told me there's a whole crew of 12s holding it down in his home town in Turkey. They've all asked for photos with our flag and with the group of 12s I'm traveling with.

The bandwagon is strong here in Europe. Maybe it's the recent Superbowl, I dunno. But...

The Seahawks are the World's Team!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
You didn't manage to find out what town in Turkey did you ?

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon. That country is incredible and the people are friendly.

It would be awesome to exeprience a Seahawks game, in Turkey, with some Turkish 12th men......getting drunk off of Raki and screaming our lungs out.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I'd assume every Current NFL champion is popular over seas

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Steve2222":1br4nzc9 said:
Call me crazy but I'd assume every Current NFL champion is popular over seas

Not just overseas but all over the world, I have been a Seahawk fan since 1976 ( sason tickets since 1977)
I am from BC Vancouver , I know tons of people that are band wagon jumpers, all over Canada, and across overseas yes when you become a champion every body wants to jump on board, does that make a true fan ?

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ba8d3hw said:
You didn't manage to find out what town in Turkey did you ?

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon. That country is incredible and the people are friendly.

It would be awesome to exeprience a Seahawks game, in Turkey, with some Turkish 12th men......getting drunk off of Raki and screaming our lungs out.
He said the name of the town and told me it was about a 1 hour drive from Istanbul. I can't remember the name of it, sorry. My girlfriend and I have both noticed it's extremely difficult to remember names of places in non-Latin languages. Even in Czech, the names of stops on the metro subway here are nearly impossible to remember. It makes sense as our brains are programmed to store recognized words easily, words made of familiar characters. But try to remember something in Cyrillic or Mandarin, and I'm like the dumbest guy around. Lol.

But he told us it was basically an hour to the north and said they had a website for visitors, so a Google search should find them. I'll try when I get back to the states and let you know.

And yeah, I do believe our popularity is largely due to the recent success. I have also seen a lot of saints and packers fans.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Largent80":1nlo51t7 said:
Awesome Hans. Did you ever find a place to watch the game?
Yes, we watched the game at a pub called Lion & Ball in Old Town Prague. Pilsner Urquells were ridiculously overpriced at 85czk for 0,5L. That comes out to about $4.50 a beer (most bars in Prague are about $1.50). But hey, they had the hawks on the main screen, the owner was wearing a Jags shirt, welcomed us with open arms, and kept the bar open until 3am so we could watch the whole game. They also tolerated our rowdy group and even joined our RussellMania chant in OT.

If you're in Prague looking for the hawks game, go to Lion & Ball. Good peeps, good brews, good times.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HansGruber":1tkxossm said:
Largent80":1tkxossm said:
Awesome Hans. Did you ever find a place to watch the game?
Yes, we watched the game at a pub called Lion & Ball in Old Town Prague. Pilsner Urquells were ridiculously overpriced at 85czk for 0,5L. That comes out to about $4.50 a beer (most bars in Prague are about $1.50). But hey, they had the hawks on the main screen, the owner was wearing a Jags shirt, welcomed us with open arms, and kept the bar open until 3am so we could watch the whole game. They also tolerated our rowdy group and even joined our RussellMania chant in OT.

If you're in Prague looking for the hawks game, go to Lion & Ball. Good peeps, good brews, good times.
Sweet. I have Pilsner Urquell on tap at home. The world's first golden pilsner.

Coxal

Reaction score
Of course europeans LOVE Seattle and the Seahawks :D and not only because of the SB! I'm on this board since 2008 and remember guys, it was a really dark and sad period...! I'll never forget the 3-6 lose to Cleveland in 2006... We were a tour worst imo. God bless JS, PC, RW, ML, RS, ET... These dark days are behind us thanks to them!!!!!

#GoHawks from France!!!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome!

Dallas, you can keep your old tired "America's Team" label even though it is laughable.

The Seahawks are the WORLD'S Team! :th2thumbs:

SeaTown81

Reaction score
It's cool that the Hawks are becoming popular and gaining new fans around the world. But this is next to 100% because of the SB win and being a hot new team. Back in 2004 & 2008 I backpacked through roughly 25 countries in Europe. Wore a Seahawks hat pretty much the entire time. Got a combined 5 people who even knew what it was. And 3 of them were people from Seattle. It's the same way you have Miami Heat fans around the globe, or how Americans like teams like Manchester United. This isnt to say its a bad thing though. Many of these new fans will forget about the Hawks the second they aren't hot anymore. But it will also create some actual lifelong fans, as we have on this board. Like the German Steeler fan. They might jump on when its convenient. But some actually stick. That alone is enough of a positive to make all of the frontrunning bandwagoners worth dealing with. Go Hawks.