Sweep Plays in Week 2

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It seemed like most of the sweep plays and fakes were out of whack. I was pretty uncomfortable watching them unfold at the snap. The Chargers did a good job on keying on them in general. I was wondering if they would get too cute with this play/fake configuration after the Green Bay game, and I think they were at least pushing the envelope a little too much with it.

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that it's obvious this wasn't the difference maker today, although Harvin getting blown up at the end of the game was unsettling.

MB12

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2n84ar1s said:
Both times they ran the jet sweep they were blown up because of missed blocks by Zach Miller.
Yep, he was awful today

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Give credit to their guys for getting off blocks and blowing up the plays. All there really is to it. Sometimes the other team does something well, too.

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
One of the motions where Harvin ran through was bad, he jumped off his timing to miss the snap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They also didn't actually hand Harvin the ball on the sweep until that last final drive. It was very obvious that they were going to call a jet sweep to Harvin on that play. You just knew they were going to do it. The Bears knew it too.

Can't call it in such an obvious situation.