Sherman's soup commercial

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I just saw it, it's fun seeing the people in the seats in the commercial.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":3jxvxgpx said:
I just saw it, it's fun seeing the people in the seats in the commercial.
Yeah, its fun seeing for about the 50th time, now?, not so much. :177692:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":14meg41f said:
Sports Hernia":14meg41f said:
Aristotle22":14meg41f said:
http://youtu.be/WWAG8_cvJwU
Why is Seahulk blue?

That confused me too

If you notice in the ad they call him sea monster instead of sea hulk so best guess is they don't have rights to the name or likeness of the hulk to use for advertising purposes

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":31en9mgi said:
Sports Hernia":31en9mgi said:
Aristotle22":31en9mgi said:
http://youtu.be/WWAG8_cvJwU
Why is Seahulk blue?

That confused me too

He is also called the "Sea Monster" in the commercial. My educated guess would be some sort of trademark for "Hulk," so they played it safe calling him the Sea Monster and painting him blue instead for good measure.

chris98251

Reaction score
Trademark infringement scared, Disney I think owns the rights now and they are not as Kid friendly as they used to be, they own ESPN now also and that why I think it has declined. We know how biased ESPN has been about the Hawks, I could see them bringing a suit against Campbells because of something of something associated with us.

endzorn

Reaction score
I don't care how giddy people are over having Sherman and co. in a national ad...that commercial sucks.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I agree that it sucks, but the 30 second version is WAY better than the 2 minute version.

HAWK-N-ROLL

Reaction score
Sea Hulk is blue because the commercial was shot in front of a green screen and anything green wouldn't show up in the commercial so they painted him blue and changed his name to match the color.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3hrlibj6 said:
Trademark infringement scared, Disney I think owns the rights now and they are not as Kid friendly as they used to be, they own ESPN now also and that why I think it has declined. We know how biased ESPN has been about the Hawks, I could see them bringing a suit against Campbells because of something of something associated with us.

I hope you are kidding.

chris98251

Reaction score
No, Disney owns ESPN.

ESPN (originally an initialism for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network) is a U.S.-based global cable and satellite television channel that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% controlling ownership interest) and Hearst Corporation (which holds the remaining 20% interest). The channel focuses on sports-related programming including live and recorded event telecasts, sports news and talk shows, and other original programming.

ABC sold its theater operation division to Henry Plitt, who renamed it as Plitt Theatres. In the 1980s, after buying an 80% stake in the cable sports channel ESPN, the network merged with the publishing-broadcasting group Capital Cities Communications. In 1996, ABC and Capital Cities' other assets were purchased by The Walt Disney Company.

Which is why Monday Night Football is now on ESPN instead of ABC.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've never had a great appreciation for the face paint crowd. I appreciate them even less now.

Had I been invited to co-write the script, I woulda' paired the Shermanator up with Phoenix Jones and had them slap some sense into Jerramy Stevens before dining on Hope's clam chowder.

Subzero717

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ufaynvu said:
I've never had a great appreciation for the face paint crowd. I appreciate them even less now.

Had I been invited to co-write the script, I woulda' paired the Shermanator up with Phoenix Jones and had them slap some sense into Jerramy Stevens before dining on Hope's clam chowder.

It might be just a rumor but I heard TE's don't eat clam chowder.