So you think you made the 53...think again.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Today many of our young Seahawks think they are safe and made the roster. Unfortunately there are some 700 players sent packing from around the league and a few most likely will end up taking the place of some of our players who think they made the cut. Don't call mom yet or go rent some apartment cuz on a pk, js team your only a phone call from gone.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Aren't salaries guaranteed if you make this cut though? That'd still be worth calling mom about.

mikeak

Reaction score
Yeah it is funny how much of a focus there is on today and players making it. If Sam hadn't been cut then there would be big stories about it from writers not understanding that he would still be a likely cut before the season

Cartire

Reaction score
Schadie001":1bb43oks said:
... on a pk, js team your only a phone call from gone.

Pat Kirwin? He does share a lot of the same philosophies as Pete Carrol.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkGA":24jb996c said:
Aren't salaries guaranteed if you make this cut though? That'd still be worth calling mom about.
Don't believe so. I think it's only guaranteed if you are on the roster opening day.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The bottom of the Seahawks roster is NEVER safe. JS churns those bottom 5 spots relentlessly. It is guaranteed that the 53 man roster we see today will not be the 53 man roster on Thursday night.

OP
OP
S

Schadie001

Reaction score
Cartire":14opuog1 said:
Schadie001":14opuog1 said:
... on a pk, js team your only a phone call from gone.

Pat Kirwin? He does share a lot of the same philosophies as Pete Carrol.

Lol...good catch. I just spent the last week on a business trip with my boss who's initials are pk and that's what he goes by. Guess it was a sub conscience thing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ceanv34 said:
HawkGA":1ceanv34 said:
Don't believe so. I think it's only guaranteed if you are on the roster opening day.

Absolutely correct, many of these fringe guys are hoping they don't hear from the team before the start of the 1st game.

Have to think that there are several who made the cut to 53 who won't be on the 53 after a few weeks. JS is always working the bottom of the roster.