Packers spread offense built to expose Adams

oasis

Reaction score
If the Packers put in 4-WR or 5-WR sets, all they have to do is throw it to whoever Adams is covering in order to score at will.

kpak76

Reaction score
Erebus":1v03b9vt said:
I'd really like to see them use a 6 WR set.

Heres how you stop that. Send 6 guys to rush the passer and have 5 guys drop into zone. The guys dropping drops deep enough where the WR dont get past them and kill everything in front of them. However the line should hit home before the QB has time to throw the ball. 6 WR only leaves 4 lineman to block. 2 guys will get free releases and should be able to crush the QB to send the packs a message to not do that again. Only thing that would work are short routes and we know how well the Hawks db's cover those.

In other words its stupid for them to pull this trick and they know it wont work either.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Adams wont be on this team after cutdowns, I'd be surprised if our 5th corner isnt somebody we pick up of waivers

Steve2222

Reaction score
So why don't they employ this strategy against every team? How many teams in the league do you think have 4 to 5 good corners?

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Killa Kam":2r3q8lb3 said:
Adams wont be on this team after cutdowns, I'd be surprised if our 5th corner isnt somebody we pick up of waivers
Ah, makes sense. I knew I was missing something.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
oasis":1hrym7mu said:
Where's Tharold Simon?

Missed a couple of days with a foot injury; didn't make the trip. Not sure how severe it is.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Ummm,

Last I knew, it would be illegal to have 6 guys eligible for passes unless you are playing in Canada.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
That means Rodgers would have to make 4-5 reads on some plays. Pass rush would get to him by then considering there would be no RB chip or TE to help with DEs.

jake206

Reaction score
Even if Packers come up with spread. I think Seahawks and Harvin have enough firepower to match it.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
They nearly got Rodgers killed trying to run elaborate pass plays the last time around. I doubt they make that mistake again.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Terrell Thomas looked a lot better than Adams. They might need to consider re-signing Thomas.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":y6qxngk8 said:
That means Rodgers would have to make 4-5 reads on some plays. Pass rush would get to him by then considering there would be no RB chip or TE to help with DEs.
That was my point. It would just take a single read, if the first read is to whoever is covered by adams. But our starting CBs as a whole were burned repeatedly. So I don't know what to think.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1t6grm05 said:
Terrell Thomas looked a lot better than Adams. They might need to consider re-signing Thomas.

Hell, Trey Wolfe looked better than Adams.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
With the starting unit getting owned by Derek Carr, can wait to see what Rodgers does to them

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Should be a good game. Seahawks first string D looked terrible tonight. I hope they let that manifest all week and come out Thursday distracted :)