C-Mike to Miss Last Pre-Season Game (Hamstring)

Brahn

Reaction score
http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... on-finale/

As reported

Hamstring is by far the worse injury for a WR and RB not on the IR, it rarely ever heals during the season and flares up more times than not. I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has.

endzorn

Reaction score
With Pryor and Bronson getting a ton of snaps, this last preseason game will be unwatchable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brahn":1wukemti said:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/08/27/seahawks-rb-christine-michael-to-miss-preseason-finale/

As reported

Hamstring is by far the worse injury for a WR and RB not on the IR, it rarely ever heals during the season and flares up more times than not. I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has.

Doug Baldwin in 2012. Was playing fine by the end of the year. Byron Maxwell (CB but i think similar positional worry) has had a couple hammy issues in 2012 and 2013. He always balled out. Lesean McCoy had a tweak last year and returned to the game.

From all accounts this doesn't sound like that big a deal, just caution. He'll be ready for GB.

Michael getting on the field is itself an improvement over last year.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":xigc566r said:
Brahn":xigc566r said:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/08/27/seahawks-rb-christine-michael-to-miss-preseason-finale/

As reported

Doug Baldwin.

From all accounts this doesn't sound like that big a deal. He'll be ready for GB.

Doug Baldwin 2011 - Rookie Year
51 rec 788 yrds 4 TDs 15.5 yrds per reception

Hamstring Year -2012
29 rec 366 yrds 3 TDs 12.6 yrds per reception

SB Year
50 rec 778 yrds 5tds 15.6 yards per recepton

I will have to disagree, I know there are many other factors QB play for one. But you can see the year he was injured he was far less productive across the board. Sure you can play the season but you will have it linger the season.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brahn":1u7q53qs said:
Basis4day":1u7q53qs said:
Brahn":1u7q53qs said:

As reported

Doug Baldwin.

From all accounts this doesn't sound like that big a deal. He'll be ready for GB.

Hamstring Year -2012

SB Year

I will have to disagree, I know there are many other factors QB play for one. But you can see the year he was injured he was far less productive across the board. Sure you can play the season but you will have it linger the season.

Taking his average won't tell you the whole story. Dont forget he got his teeth knocked out in AZ game 1.
He had a slow start but improved over the course of the year. Go rewatch the Niner game at Home in 2012. Baldwin balled out.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":7nzoe7pg said:
Brahn":7nzoe7pg said:
Basis4day":7nzoe7pg said:
Brahn":7nzoe7pg said:

As reported

Doug Baldwin.

Hamstring Year -2012

SB Year

Taking his average won't tell you the whole story. Dont forget he got his teeth knocked out in AZ game 1.
He had a slow start but improved over the course of the year. Go rewatch the Niner game at Home in 2012. Baldwin balled out.

Ya the slow start. That is what I am talking about. The injury takes awhile to heal. C-Mike will not be ready for GB or the next 6 weeks for full speed. And no player I know had a productive season the same year he had a hammy. Sure by the seasons end that is fine but the issue is a quality season as a whole.

Now I do not recall Mccoys Hamstring but if last year is true then he could be an example for sure.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sidney Rice was the go to guy in 2012. Tate finally emerged in year three. Zach Miller was catching balls. Lots and lots of factors went into Doug's performance in 2012. He admits he was slowed by Hamstring issues but it sure didn't seem like it to me when you watch the 2012 Niner game in Seattle late in the year/

We had no one but Doug do much at WR his rookie year.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ebtby2t said:
Sidney Rice was the go to guy in 2012. Tate finally emerged in year three. Zach Miller was catching balls. Lots and lots of factors went into Doug's performance in 2012. He admits he was slowed by Hamstring issues but it sure didn't seem like it to me when you watch the 2012 Niner game in Seattle late in the year/

Again I get that by season end he is fine. The point I am making is it took till season end. A player with a hammy will not be full player during the season. Like I said I know lots of factors played into it. I am sure the hammy was the biggest issue. You telling me Jackson only threw to the "go to guy"? If Doug was getting open Doug would be getting the ball. Just like his rookie year and last season.

BAN HAMSTRINGS!!

Basis4day

Reaction score
From what i read they're not even calling it a pull or a strain. Just that he "pulled up" (you know, stopped the play). He tweaked something and they're being cautious. It's not like hes the starting RB carrying the load so it'll be slimmer chances for aggrevation.

Cheer up. He'll be fine. There is no such think as a healthy football player. Go look at the injury rpts last year and see who was kept out of practice and who played.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brahn":h9zkl0kr said:
Basis4day":h9zkl0kr said:

Again I get that by season end he is fine. The point I am making is it took till season end. A player with a hammy will not be full player during the season. Like I said I know lots of factors played into it. I am sure the hammy was the biggest issue. You telling me Jackson only threw to the "go to guy"? If Doug was getting open Doug would be getting the ball. Just like his rookie year and last season.

BAN HAMSTRINGS!!

By "go to guy" i meant the most reliable receiver. Not the 1st read. Rice was Wilson's most reliable receiver in 2012, just like Baldwin was to Jackson in 2011.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":1x0xrwt3 said:
From what i read they're not even calling it a pull or a strain. Just that he "pulled up" (you know, stopped the play). He tweaked something and they're being cautious. It's not like hes the starting RB carrying the load so it'll be slimmer chances for aggrevation.

Cheer up. He'll be fine. There is no such think as a healthy football player. Go look at the injury rpts last year and see who was kept out of practice and who played.

We are now getting far off base. I never said I was depressed or even a C-Mike fan so no need to cheer up, even though the offer is appreciated. Of course there is no such thing as a healthy football player, but their are healthier players than ones with Hamstring issues. Sure I can go check injury reports from last year and see a slew of guys who did not have great seasons to go with their hamstring issues. These points do nothing to disprove a player having a less then quality season because of a hamstring injury.

It appears you are more thinking I am acting like a hamstring is a death sentence for the season instead of an inhibitor. I have no idea where the communicative disconnect is.

Like I originally stated
"Hamstring is by far the worse injury for a WR and RB not on the IR, it rarely ever heals during the season and flares up more times than not. I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has."

Maybe I should of added an IMO after IR, but i figured since I was typing it. It would be taken as my opinion.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2l9yto6j said:
season over. Oh well there's always the draft.

That was the obvious reason for my post. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":2jzl6ki7 said:
Brahn":2jzl6ki7 said:
Basis4day":2jzl6ki7 said:

BAN HAMSTRINGS!!

By "go to guy" i meant the most reliable receiver. Not the 1st read. Rice was Wilson's most reliable receiver in 2012, just like Baldwin was to Jackson in 2011.

So Baldwin was the Go To Guy (most reliable WR) his rookie year and last year? But not the Hamstring year? hmmm must of just been the fact Rice was healthy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brahn":3t01tpx4 said:
Basis4day":3t01tpx4 said:

We are now getting far off base. I never said I was depressed or even a C-Mike fan so no need to cheer up, even though the offer is appreciated. Of course there is no such thing as a healthy football player, but their are healthier players than ones with Hamstring issues. Sure I can go check injury reports from last year and see a slew of guys who did not have great seasons to go with their hamstring issues. These points do nothing to disprove a player having a less then quality season because of a hamstring injury.

It appears you are more thinking I am acting like a hamstring is a death sentence for the season instead of an inhibitor. I have no idea where the communicative disconnect is.

Like I originally stated
"Hamstring is by far the worse injury for a WR and RB not on the IR, it rarely ever heals during the season and flares up more times than not. I have yet so see a guy comeback full the same season he has a hamstring pull. Hope someone can point out a person who has."

Maybe I should of added an IMO after IR, but i figured since I was typing it. It would be taken as my opinion.

Your OP reads very doom and gloom. I'm telling you that they're is nothing to worry about yet. You're using terms like "rarely ever heals", "IR", "yet to see someone come back". And i pointed to several players that did just that, including Baldwin. He had a chance for the game winner week 1 if he didn't drop a ball after getting all his teeth knocked out.

And Baldwin didn't take all year to play well. I only brought up the Niner game because of your original point about not seeing a player come back the same year. Clearly Baldwin did.

He played great against the Panthers in week 4, great against the Pats in week 5 (including a leaping TD), Great against Chicago and AZ. Didn't do much when Wilson was killing Buffalo because he didn't need to. AMAZING in that Niner game.

It'll will be ok. Cheer up ;) Are you really Tokadub? Be honest...

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Basis4day":2sl6sol7 said:
Brahn":2sl6sol7 said:
Basis4day":2sl6sol7 said:

Like I originally stated

Your OP reads very doom and gloom. I'm telling you that they're is nothing to worry about yet. You're using terms like "rarely ever heals", "IR", "yet to see someone come back". And i pointed to several players that did just that, including Baldwin. He had a chance for the game winner week 1 if he didn't drop a ball after getting all his teeth knocked out.

And Baldwin didn't take all year to play well. I only brought up the Niner game because of your original point about not seeing a player come back the same year. Clearly Baldwin did.

He played great against the Panthers in week 4, great against the Pats in week 5 (including a leaping TD), Great against Chicago and AZ. Didn't do much when Wilson was killing Buffalo because he didn't need to. AMAZING in that Niner game.

It'll will be ok. Cheer up ;) Are you really Tokadub? Be honest...

I feel you read it as doom and gloom. As I said it was the worst injury for an NON IR player. Dunno how that means doom and gloom if I expect them back in the season?

It is cool if you want to project emotions onto me.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Brahn":15hddncw said:

It is cool if you want to project emotions onto me.

You called hamstring injuries the worse(sic) injury for a WR or RB that isn't a season ending injury. You don't think that sounds like doom and gloom?