Some Chicago responses postpartum and RW

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Well looks like our little game manager is turning some heads-

"Wilson carved up the Bears with his arm and his legs in the first half, showing why he is one of the NFL's most dynamic players. The Bears had no answers for his elusiveness and accuracy. Defensive end Jared Allen's absence because of a bruised shoulder didn't help.

Wilson completed 15 of 20 passes in the first half for 202 yards and two touchdowns, good for a 140.0 passer rating. He also ran four times for 23 yards and a touchdown.

"He was very, very nifty," defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff said. "That was a good test for us because there are not too many quarterbacks like that in this league. That’s something we have to work on and correct." "

Wilson looks sharper than ever. I would say at this point (I know it is preseason) he looks by far the best of the mighty 3-some Luck, RGIII and RW.

Here is the link to the article- http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

Here is another link-http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/2014/08/takeaways-chicago-bears-vs-seattle-seahawks/

Tokadub

Reaction score
I had some fun reading through the Bears game day forum posts last night. They are just so angry about how bad their team is and they really seem to hate us for making them look like clowns out there, but most of all I think they are just embarrassed and shameful of their team.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...me-3-IGT-9-00-PM-CT-8-22-14-TV-FOX-Radio-WBBM

I believe one of their quotes was something along the lines of:

"Russell Wilson looks like Joe Montana in excellent condition throwing to Jerry Rice in Tecmo Bowl"

[youtube]qOh_moZ2N0A[/youtube]

Here is one that looks like Percy Harvin out there:

[youtube]8PBvOxicz-0[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tokadub":14ch6lfg said:
I had some fun reading through the Bears game day forum posts last night. They are just so angry about how bad their team is and they really seem to hate us for making them look like clowns out there, but most of all I think they are just embarrassed and shameful of their team.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...me-3-IGT-9-00-PM-CT-8-22-14-TV-FOX-Radio-WBBM

"Russell Wilson looks like Joe Montana in excellent condition throwing to Jerry Rice in Tecmo Bowl"

[youtube]qOh_moZ2N0A[/youtube]

Here is one that looks like Percy Harvin out there:

[youtube]8PBvOxicz-0[/youtube]
They're one of the more reasonable forums out there to be serious. They know they're not on our level currently.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Nice find. Especially like this quote from the Chicago Now article:

I think the Chicago Bears knew there was a high probability of falling to the Seattle Seahawks on the road.

I’m not being down on my home team or overreacting to a preseason game, I’m just being realistic. The Seahawks are the defending champs, and they’re BEASTS. Seattle is an incredible football team and to deny that is irrational. They won the Super Bowl for a reason.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I FINALLY got to see the 1st half of that game. The Hawks look incredible offensively, Russell, Percy, KEARSE(he looked beastly), Lynch, Turbin, Michael. The OLine did not impress me with pass-pro at all. Runblocking was a different matter. They look ferocious.
The D is seriously lacking in the middle with the loss of Bryant and McDonald. They were so-so to me. Also, Chicago is going to be an offensive force this year. They were throwing at Sherman and making plays. #25 did not look so dominant in this game. However, this could be because of scheme. I have no idea but over all, I see a slide down in our D. I am hoping that Wagner's absence is the main reason why.

drdiags

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":8sll79hw said:
I read those forums and I didn't see a whole lot of hatred for the Hawks at all. Mostly frustration with their own team.

There were a few who have a huge dislike for Sherman. I am sure if he wasn't on the Seahawks I would look at him like I did T.O. so that is to be expected. Also the usual dislike for Pete and his style of coaching. They were wishing Wilson got hurt because Pete left him in after the half and they weren't feeling the late drive in the 2nd quarter. Plus the usual "I live among Seahawks fans, they are so smug. Now I have to put up with their crap all week!".

But you hear that from fans of all teams, including our fans. Seems like you could just change the name of the opponent and the name of the home team and it is the same stuff. Our fans are great, their fans stink. Amazing how many folks across the country think like this. Could just be pandering to the home crowd I suppose?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Tokadub":1777j7sl said:

LOL

the best comment of that Bears thread:

Wow. 59 yarder. Impressive. Although the altitude probably helps with that FG

yeah all that alti...er..wait what?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":35900mxb said:
LOL

the best comment of that Bears thread:

Wow. 59 yarder. Impressive. Although the altitude probably helps with that FG

yeah all that alti...er..wait what?

Yeah, they hit him pretty hard for that.

253hawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1bwsb43x said:
I read those forums and I didn't see a whole lot of hatred for the Hawks at all. Mostly frustration with their own team.

"seriously everyone sucks tonight."

"It's this stadium. **** this stadium. It should be banned by the league and then demolished"

:waah:

Latest posts