Apparently Baldwin doesn't like being called a Slot receiver

Throwdown

Reaction score
"It pisses me off, to be honest with you, when people call me a slot receiver, because that's not who I am," Baldwin said. "That was just my position when I got here, that's where they told me where they wanted me to play."

http://m.heraldnet.com/heraldnet/pm_127 ... d=vbVOEZmB

I don't know why I love this guys attitude. Most people would think he's a jerk, I just love the chip on the shoulder type thing that he won't let go of.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Doug was NOT angry about something I'd be worried.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It pisses him off? Baldwin? Wow, hold the presses, ADB is pissed about something.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wasn't meant to say it was a surprise that he was mad... I find his anger entertaining...

pmedic920

Reaction score
ary5ajaj.jpg

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I think he's a bit over the top with his attitude issues but he plays for us, it works for him, so I'm OK with it.

Jville

Reaction score
I respect John Boyle but I look at Doug in a different light.

I think much of the media and fan base struggle with changing perspectives as players develop and evolve their game. Many, who follow the game, carry snap shot impressions anchored at specific points in time.

Some of the anchors are combine and pro day data, draft pick ranking, player contract numbers, fantasy ratings, Madden ratings, historical statistics, grading associations and clubs, ect.

When a player breaks out of a mold they are saddled with, they are labeled a breakout player having a break out year.

In my mind Baldwin has already evolved. I anticipate his frustration with that slot receiver label will likely be replaced with a breakout player label this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
With Seattle having it's receivers learn all positions and routes, calling a guy a slot receiver is kind of traditional thinking, but inaccurate.

I could see Baldwin playing from the slot vs a team like the Niners a ton, then playing outside vs Denver and a bigger guy like Talib a bunch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throwdown":3qi1j05f said:
Wasn't meant to say it was a surprise that he was mad... I find his anger entertaining...

We know, but posting stuff about Doug being angry is like taking a picture of the sunset, you know it's going to happen once a day.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be labeled as a slot receiver either if I could help it because the money is at the outside receiver positions.

formido

Reaction score
One thing that pisses Baldwin off is that he doesn't get the ball enough, which he mostly blames on Wilson, but is mostly the fault of Carroll.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
formido":25cgnkms said:
One thing that pisses Baldwin off is that he doesn't get the ball enough, which he mostly blames on Wilson, but is mostly the fault of Carroll.

wat

If Doug's not getting the ball on passing plays, it's because he's not getting enough separation on time. If anything Wilson does a fantastic job of scrambling around and finding Doug after the play breaks down.

So I doubt he blames Wilson.

253hawk

Reaction score
If that were even half-true, Doug wouldn't have the opportunity to make all of the crazy catches he does because there's no way Wilson sees those as the highest-percentage plays. Baldwin had almost double the rec's in 2013 than he did in 2012.

Jville

Reaction score
Speaking of Doug's entertainment value,

Doug Baldwin JrVerified account ‏@DougBaldwinJr

“@PeteCarroll: Props to Bruce Arians and Jeff Fisher for doing the #IceBucketChallenge! The NFC West is almost all in...”

LOL ...........where's .................. Jimmie?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":vfn0zlhd said:
I think he's a bit over the top with his attitude issues but he plays for us, it works for him, so I'm OK with it.

The anger keeps him both hungry and determined to prove everyone who overlooked or dismissed him on draft day.
He uses the disrespect by others in the League, and his doubters to his advantage, and practicing against the likes of Richard Sherman would indeed have it's positives come game time.
In his mind, he accentuates NOT being drafted as his biggest disrespect motivator, and that is a good thing for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":t06ql317 said:
Tech Worlds":t06ql317 said:

The anger keeps him both hungry and determined to prove everyone who overlooked or dismissed him on draft day.
He uses the disrespect by others in the League, and his doubters to his advantage, and practicing against the likes of Richard Sherman would indeed have it's positives come game time.
In his mind, he accentuates NOT being drafted as his biggest disrespect motivator, and that is a good thing for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks.

It definitely feels like he knows it's his "thing" now, so he plays it up as much as he can..........almost like an act.

Not saying he doesn't still have a huge chip on his shoulder, but he definitely plays up the image of angry Doug when he can.

Rocket

Reaction score
Richard Sherman, Stanford graduate, is constantly marketing himself when not studying or playing the game.
Angry Doug went to school with Richard Sherman... he too is sharp.
2+2...