A bright spot from yesterday's game

kearly

Reaction score
I watched the game again today with more of an eye away from the football to see if there were any performances to take extra note of.

The one that really jumped out to me on second viewing was CB AJ Jefferson.

He was seemingly the only corner to consistently play tight coverage. He had at least one pass defense that I remember, and of course had the leaping interception on Osweiler in the 3rd quarter. But I think my favorite play was after he swatted the ball away he gave the Sherman finger wag to the Broncos. It's kind of funny that the one roster fringe player who showed some attitude in this game is a 5th year NFL journeyman (among those teams were the Vikings, of course. Jefferson also started seven games for Arizona in 2011).

It's just one preseason game and he did leave with an ankle injury. He was put on IR last season for an ankle injury so this is something to watch. He's also got a domestic violence charge on his record so if he acts up again he might get a significant suspension.

There definitely seems to be some talent there though, I hope his ankle injury isn't too severe and we can get a few more looks at him in the preseason. Seems to have talent and the kind of attitude that fits the LOB. Of course, it could just be one good game for a bad player, but if he keeps this up, he wouldn't be the first disappointing player that PC/JS turned around.

WendellWent

Reaction score
I think he injured his ankle celebrating LMAO. Not really, but that is how it appeared at first.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He seems to think the ankle is no big deal, per his post-game interview, so we'll see. Simon needs a lesson on how to stop just short of being over the top from this guy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":1masg5qd said:
I watched the game again today with more of an eye away from the football to see if there were any performances to take extra note of.

He was seemingly the only corner to consistently play tight coverage. He had at least one pass defense that I remember, and of course had the leaping interception on Osweiler in the 3rd quarter. But I think my favorite play was after he swatted the ball away he gave the Sherman finger wag to the Broncos. It's kind of funny that the one roster fringe player who showed some attitude in this game is a 5th year NFL journeyman (among those teams were the Vikings, of course. Jefferson also started seven games for Arizona in 2011).

It's just one preseason game and he did leave with an ankle injury. He was put on IR last season for an ankle injury so this is something to watch. He's also got a domestic violence charge on his record so if he acts up again he might get a significant suspension.

There definitely seems to be some talent there though, I hope his ankle injury isn't too severe and we can get a few more looks at him in the preseason. Seems to have talent and the kind of attitude that fits the LOB. Of course, it could just be one good game for a bad player, but if he keeps this up, he wouldn't be the first disappointing player that PC/JS turned around.
He might be good insurance if Maxwell keeps playing like he did in Denver, and the Super Bowl. Plus the guy is vet that could probably step right in and not feel like he is being thrown to the wolves.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Did you notice how that Terrell corner from USC played or Adams played? I have not heard a peep about their play, which is surprising since they are veterans so I thought they would make a positive impression.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":plbgjs43 said:
He might be good insurance if Maxwell keeps playing like he did in Denver, and the Super Bowl. Plus the guy is vet that could probably step right in and not feel like he is being thrown to the wolves.

Fortunately we don't play PM/DT every week to worry about how Maxwell is going to do. (Although I would feel good about our odds if we did). If he starts struggling against other teams and lesser players, we can have the discussion.

Seafan

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2vj94o5d said:
Did you notice how that Terrell corner from USC played or Adams played? I have not heard a peep about their play, which is surprising since they are veterans so I thought they would make a positive impression.

Terrell Thomas was burnt toast and cost the Hawks the game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3tv914t7 said:
kearly":3tv914t7 said:

Maxwell played soft zone coverage all night, probably to avoid flags and injury. Or work on his punching technique ala the Super Bowl. Perhaps it is far too early to suggest his decline.

Actually it is too early. He will be fine. Pete Carroll is a defensive back genius.

Latest posts