From the Broncos Country Forum

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this post should be renamed "One Reason I Have the IQ of a Baboon." What in the world is a super bowel??

3 reasons for Denver Broncos will definitely win the Super Bowl championship
In my opinion the Denver Broncos will definitely win the Super Bowel champion this time and there are 3 reasons.
1,Denver Broncos are one of the NFL's most successful teams and have won seven AFC Championships and two Super Bowls. They having suffered only six losing seasons in 36 years. But this successful team was defeated by Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowel last time. The Broncos' fans were very sad.This year, they have totally improved. The addition of potential rookie players and the experienced veterans will prove the power of the team and wash the shame of last time.
2,Pat Bowlen is the majority owner of Denver Broncos. The Bowlen Family purchased the team from Edgar Kaiser in 1984 and saved the team from possible bankruptcy. Bowlen serve as Broncos' CEO. He paid a lot of painstaking efforts for Broncos and he has always two goals for the team: to win, and to win the right way. It was on Wednesday announced that he will be stepping back from the organization to focus on his health. Because he has suffered from Alzheimer's disease. It's an incurable disease. Though he will no longer be a part of the team's daily operations, his influence and the winning tradition he fostered will continue. The Broncos' coach John Fox, vice president John Elway and the players of Broncos are all very sad because of his departure. They did not immersed in sorrow but actively join in the training camp. They know that the only way which can repay Mr.Bowlen's efforts is to win the game and get the Super Bowel champion.

3,Peyton Manning,a great quarterback in NFL history, is already 38 years old. He takes his life time to be a good quarterback and he did. This year he has been voted the most popular NFL stars. But it is not end, he needs another Super Bowel champion before he retired, his great career life can't end up with a loss. Even though he had been injured, but now he becomes stronger and smarter than before. He had a good performance in training camp this time.The fans have never doubted his strength. Because he is the man all of time.

A

Anonymous

Careful, this reads like it was written by a seventh-grader and not an adult.

Probably a school assignment dad decided to post because he is "so proud of him".

kpak76

Reaction score
That message board is just loaded with homers. That post is pretty typical of those guys over there. Most of them still cant believe the superbowl happened and most of them still think they where the better team that day. Denver is like an alternate universe where the Donks are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The message board is pretty entertaining if you like to read what stupid people think LOL.

taco40

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":371nugdw said:
What in the world is a super bowel??
Define: Super Bowel

the relief one feels upon the completion of a successful colonoscopy

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kpak76":1ij4wy6x said:
Most of them still cant believe the superbowl happened and most of them still think they where the better team that day.

I can understand where they're coming from, though.

Imagine, for a second, that the SB had gone the other way (I realize this is ludicrous sounding, but bear with me). If the Broncos had come out and just lit up the LOB and the Seahawks got trounced 40+ to 14 or so.

Would you think that the Broncos were just that dominant a team and that we ran into a buzzsaw? Or would you think that something just seriously wrong - no idea exactly WHAT - had happened? You'd just spent the entire season watching the Seahawks D just shut people DOWN, and you know in your heart that they're better than what just showed on the field. Would you be like, "Oh, those Broncos were just a juggernaut. Looking back on it, it was a bad matchup and we didn't really stand a chance"? Or would you think that the Seahawks were indeed the better team, and that something was off that day? That the problem was more with Browner being out, or maybe food poisoning hit the secondary, or just SOMETHING?

In all honesty, I think the reason that so many Broncos fans can't accept what happened in the SB is precisely because their offense was so completely shut down. If the Broncos had scored, say, 24 points, but still lost by a couple of TDs, I think they could say that yeah, Seattle was the toughest D they faced all season and that the Seahawks offense was underrated. The result would have been closer to their reality... the record-setting offense still put up points, but they just couldn't get the win that day. But what happened was so alien to what they had seen all season (with the exception of their preseason game against us, heh), that it just didn't look REAL to them. It had to have some alternative explanation other than "Seattle just kicked our asses." They have to believe that it was an anomalous game because of the pattern of consistency they'd seen previous to it.

Of course, they're wrong for the most part. There were certainly some anomalous THINGS that happened, but in the end, Seattle was flat-out a better team, and not by a small margin. And that's how 43-8 scores happen.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
taco40":zg416b30 said:
SeahawksForever":zg416b30 said:

By that definition, the Broncos should have felt great after this past Super Bowl.

kpak76

Reaction score
taco40":2yvml2lv said:
SeahawksForever":2yvml2lv said:

Ever had a colonoscopy? You get no relief from it. It's not theraputic at all. As a matter of fact the prep for it is terrible and torturous. Thankfully I've never gone through one yet. A good dump on the other hand feels wonderous!!!

:D :D :D

Yes I went there.

kpak76

Reaction score
volsunghawk":l7x1bjze said:
kpak76":l7x1bjze said:
Most of them still cant believe the superbowl happened and most of them still think they where the better team that day.

I can understand where they're coming from, though.

Imagine, for a second, that the SB had gone the other way (I realize this is ludicrous sounding, but bear with me). If the Broncos had come out and just lit up the LOB and the Seahawks got trounced 40+ to 14 or so.

Would you think that the Broncos were just that dominant a team and that we ran into a buzzsaw? Or would you think that something just seriously wrong - no idea exactly WHAT - had happened? You'd just spent the entire season watching the Seahawks D just shut people DOWN, and you know in your heart that they're better than what just showed on the field. Would you be like, "Oh, those Broncos were just a juggernaut. Looking back on it, it was a bad matchup and we didn't really stand a chance"? Or would you think that the Seahawks were indeed the better team, and that something was off that day? That the problem was more with Browner being out, or maybe food poisoning hit the secondary, or just SOMETHING?

In all honesty, I think the reason that so many Broncos fans can't accept what happened in the SB is precisely because their offense was so completely shut down. If the Broncos had scored, say, 24 points, but still lost by a couple of TDs, I think they could say that yeah, Seattle was the toughest D they faced all season and that the Seahawks offense was underrated. The result would have been closer to their reality... the record-setting offense still put up points, but they just couldn't get the win that day. But what happened was so alien to what they had seen all season (with the exception of their preseason game against us, heh), that it just didn't look REAL to them. It had to have some alternative explanation other than "Seattle just kicked our asses." They have to believe that it was an anomalous game because of the pattern of consistency they'd seen previous to it.

Of course, they're wrong for the most part. There were certainly some anomalous THINGS that happened, but in the end, Seattle was flat-out a better team, and not by a small margin. And that's how 43-8 scores happen.

If the game was close I would think exactly what you're saying the LOB just had an off night. However if the score was reverse to what it was, you have to admit who the better team is. 43-8 doesn't happen by a fluke.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3klltflb said:

Probably a school assignment dad decided to post because he is "so proud of him".

I have to agree with Scott on this.
Sounds like a youngster to me.
Discretion should be used here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kpak76":2irl541x said:
43-8 doesn't happen by a fluke.

Sure it does, just ask Broncos fans. It only that safety hadn't happened, everything would have been different. It skewed the timeline and changed all.

PreviewBcqKPQiinmgf5jtH 500

Hawks46

Reaction score
First of all, I like Volsung's post. It's good insight and generally a good idea to look at things from the opposite perspective. I think it's an insightful post and very likely what a lot of Donk fans are going through.

An example (one that really bothers me btw) is look at all the Donkey fans that were crowing about how they were going to annihlate us. Then, after they got thunder stompled, it was all about the injuries. Where were the inuries before the game ? They were SUCH a good offense, the defensive injuries didn't matter. You saw very few fans actually predicting the Broncos would shut the Hawks offense down, yet they still thought it wouldn't be close because of that offense.

Secondly, making fun of that post with poor English:

None of you people act like you've actually been around foreigners. The way the verbs and sentences are conjugated, this person is working with English as a second language.

I try not to make fun of people like that. I've worked side by side with a lot of illegal immigrants (yes, I called them illegal and not undocumented) who flat out refuse to speak English. They don't want to learn, and they just won't. I give respect to anyone that is trying. I know it's a fan of another team, but still that person is trying and is passionate about it.

kpak76

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1rjd68dx said:
kpak76":1rjd68dx said:

Sure it does, just ask Broncos fans. It only that safety hadn't happened, everything would have been different. It skewed the timeline and changed all.

The most entertaining argument that that Bronco forum came up with after the SB was when they blamed the loss on Joe Namath. I mean really, if he didnt toss that coin early the Brocnos could have won????

I've posted on there a few times until I was banned. At least I think I was banned because I can't post there anymore. It really doesn't matter because that fanbase can believe anything that they want to. They can continue and think the safety or Namath was the reason they lost by such a large margin.

IMO the more educated donks fans post on the orange mane because those mods will actually allow opposing views. The mods at the the broncos country are very very mcuh homers and will not allow opposing views.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xv2vm5yj said:
kpak76":xv2vm5yj said:

If only Namath didn't come out in a fur coat...
If only Namath didn't prematurely toss the coin...
If only one more Bronco fan was in the stand.

morgulon1

Reaction score
"Because he is the man all of time."???

Well then. #18 is the shizzle. Good luck Donkles.

A

Anonymous

Hawks46":2d3vamfs said:
...I try not to make fun of people like that. I've worked side by side with a lot of illegal immigrants (yes, I called them illegal and not undocumented) who flat out refuse to speak English. They don't want to learn, and they just won't. I give respect to anyone that is trying. I know it's a fan of another team, but still that person is trying and is passionate about it.

I approach this particular piece though it was written by a middle-schooler, although a "EAASL" sounds plausible.

Either way, I'm not making fun of the person, and that was my point.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2dxcur1c said:

exactly my first thought as a dad myself. leave the kid alone.