From the Broncos Country Forum

sc85sis

Reaction score
pmedic920":ymr039md said:
HoustonHawk82":ymr039md said:
Careful, this reads like it was written by a seventh-grader and not an adult.

Probably a school assignment dad decided to post because he is "so proud of him".

I have to agree with Scott on this.
Sounds like a youngster to me.
Discretion should be used here.
Yes, or someone for whom English is not their first language.

OP
OP
SeahawksForever

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
sc85sis":23w4cj72 said:
pmedic920":23w4cj72 said:
HoustonHawk82":23w4cj72 said:

Probably a school assignment dad decided to post because he is "so proud of him".

Aside from the comment about his use of the word Bowel, I'm not ragging on his English skills. His post is 3 reasons why the Broncos will win it all this year. His reasons are:

1. They are historically a successful team. This is as close as he comes to giving real evidence of why the Broncos will be any good.

2. They must "repay Mr. Bowlen's efforts" as owner. Therefore, a SB championship is imminent.

3. Peyton Manning is 38 and a popular player.......WHAT??

If a kid wrote it then I should handle it with the appropriate gloves. But come on.

kearly

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2h7i3kr1 said:
I can understand where they're coming from, though.

Imagine, for a second, that the SB had gone the other way (I realize this is ludicrous sounding, but bear with me). If the Broncos had come out and just lit up the LOB and the Seahawks got trounced 40+ to 14 or so.

Would you think that the Broncos were just that dominant a team and that we ran into a buzzsaw? Or would you think that something just seriously wrong - no idea exactly WHAT - had happened? You'd just spent the entire season watching the Seahawks D just shut people DOWN, and you know in your heart that they're better than what just showed on the field. Would you be like, "Oh, those Broncos were just a juggernaut. Looking back on it, it was a bad matchup and we didn't really stand a chance"? Or would you think that the Seahawks were indeed the better team, and that something was off that day? That the problem was more with Browner being out, or maybe food poisoning hit the secondary, or just SOMETHING?

I get what you are saying but I can't relate. The 2007 Seahawks were probably the 2nd best team of the Holmgren era in Seattle, and they got their teeth kicked in at Green Bay in the divisional round. Green Bay lost the next week to the wildcard Giants, a team that was worse on paper that season than Seattle.

I never once wondered after that game if Seattle got unlucky in that Green Bay loss. We got our butts kicked up and down the field.

Really, I can't think of a crushing blowout loss ever where I felt like Seattle would have won if a few things had gone their way. I guess it's because I'm not an idiot.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":wc9p7xj1 said:
I'm pretty sure this post should be renamed "One Reason I Have the IQ of a Baboon." What in the world is a super bowel??

3,Peyton Manning,a great quarterback in NFL history, is already 38 years old. He takes his life time to be a good quarterback and he did. This year he has been voted the most popular NFL stars. But it is not end, he needs another Super Bowel champion before he retired, his great career life can't end up with a loss. Even though he had been injured, but now he becomes stronger and smarter than before. He had a good performance in training camp this time.The fans have never doubted his strength. Because he is the man all of time.

I'm with Peyton on this one. As we age, becoming a super bowel champion again becomes more and more important to one's quality of life. :les:

TXHawk

Reaction score
Well, the Donks did leave a big steaming load on the field that day so Super Bowel might be the proper description from their perspective.

taco40

Reaction score
kpak76":r5vyawyf said:
taco40":r5vyawyf said:
SeahawksForever":r5vyawyf said:
What in the world is a super bowel??
Define: Super Bowel

the relief one feels upon the completion of a successful colonoscopy

Ever had a colonoscopy? You get no relief from it. It's not theraputic at all. As a matter of fact the prep for it is terrible and torturous. Thankfully I've never gone through one yet.

Why would you think it's theraputic? Whoever told you about the prep being terrible and torturous is correct. That's why it was such a relief when it was all over. Won't have to go through that for four more years.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kearly":2nh76rfp said:
volsunghawk":2nh76rfp said:
I can understand where they're coming from, though.

Imagine, for a second, that the SB had gone the other way (I realize this is ludicrous sounding, but bear with me). If the Broncos had come out and just lit up the LOB and the Seahawks got trounced 40+ to 14 or so.

Would you think that the Broncos were just that dominant a team and that we ran into a buzzsaw? Or would you think that something just seriously wrong - no idea exactly WHAT - had happened? You'd just spent the entire season watching the Seahawks D just shut people DOWN, and you know in your heart that they're better than what just showed on the field. Would you be like, "Oh, those Broncos were just a juggernaut. Looking back on it, it was a bad matchup and we didn't really stand a chance"? Or would you think that the Seahawks were indeed the better team, and that something was off that day? That the problem was more with Browner being out, or maybe food poisoning hit the secondary, or just SOMETHING?

I get what you are saying but I can't relate. The 2007 Seahawks were probably the 2nd best team of the Holmgren era in Seattle, and they got their teeth kicked in at Green Bay in the divisional round. Green Bay lost the next week to the wildcard Giants, a team that was worse on paper that season than Seattle.

I never once wondered after that game if Seattle got unlucky in that Green Bay loss. We got our butts kicked up and down the field.

Really, I can't think of a crushing blowout loss ever where I felt like Seattle would have won if a few things had gone their way. I guess it's because I'm not an idiot.

I have no idea how you can use the 2007 Hawks to compare to the 2013 Hawks or 2013 Broncos. Those Hawks were a flawed team that couldn't run the ball, and they certainly weren't the class of the conference. This year's Hawks and Broncos were clearly better than their conference rivals, and the Broncos were an all-time offensive group. That's my point. The 2007 Hawks were a middling team in a weak division. They went 10-6, but lost games to the Browns, Panthers, and Cards... not great teams. The 2013 Broncos were blowing teams out all year long. Those Hawks might have been the second best team of the Holmgren era, but you could argue they weren't even the 3rd best team in the NFC that season.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
billio155":365ulrw9 said:
That reads like it was written by Joey from Friends.

Yes. When he was ten. I agree, this is either a kid (which is a severe indictment on our educational system) or an ESL-type. In either case, the author really needs to learn a few key things about logic.

Paragraph 1 argument: Past success, no matter how far removed, is indicative of future success.

Paragraph 2 argument: Team will win more because it is playing for a nobler goal than the rest of the league.

Paragraph 3 argument: The player who deserves success more will get that success because they deserve it.

Fallacies all, no matter the age or background of the writer. These are basic leaps of logic common to any language and culture.

kpak76

Reaction score
taco40":1yqdjv17 said:
kpak76":1yqdjv17 said:
taco40":1yqdjv17 said:
SeahawksForever":1yqdjv17 said:
What in the world is a super bowel??
Define: Super Bowel

the relief one feels upon the completion of a successful colonoscopy

Ever had a colonoscopy? You get no relief from it. It's not theraputic at all. As a matter of fact the prep for it is terrible and torturous. Thankfully I've never gone through one yet.

Why would you think it's theraputic? Whoever told you about the prep being terrible and torturous is correct. That's why it was such a relief when it was all over. Won't have to go through that for four more years.

What makes you think that I think its theraputic? I could have sword it was me saying to you that it wasn't lol. I can understand why it was such a relief after the ordeal as I deal with patients who has gone through those all the time. I am lucky enough to be young enough where I wont have to have a colonoscory or a barium enima for a couple of decades at least.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Haha, they're leaning solely on INT% of total ATT. Wellll, welllll, Football Outsiders just came out today with Adjusted INT Rate which includes passes that SHOULD have been intercepted but the defender muffed it. Luck went from 1.6% to 2.4%. In other words, he got lucky. Wilson? His 2.2% didn't budge at all. If they had the chance to pick him, they did every time.

Shows Wilson is much more accurate than raw INT% would infer.

Roland or somebody ought to sink that Bronco dreamboat.

Kaiser

Reaction score
morgulon1":3or7nbwq said:
"Because he is the man all of time."???

Well then. #18 is the shizzle. Good luck Donkles.

I almost held it together and failed at that line

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":12hnd0cn said:
Shows Wilson is much more accurate than raw INT% would infer.

Roland or somebody ought to sink that Bronco dreamboat.
Eh, interception rate and adjusted interception rate are really things that matter a lot more over the space of multiple seasons. Quarterbacks with a better adjusted interception rate in 2013 than Russell Wilson include Peyton Manning and...Sam Bradford. Just sayin'.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm sure this was written by a kid. I'm a teacher and this is similar writing to pieces I've seen kids turn in. A couple things that lead me to this conclusion are numerous examples of poor sentence structure and his comment that manning is older and stronger. Sorry young fella but most of us started going downhill and lost strength in our late 30's.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":ippvcqtu said:
sc85sis":ippvcqtu said:
pmedic920":ippvcqtu said:
HoustonHawk82":ippvcqtu said:

Aside from the comment about his use of the word Bowel, I'm not ragging on his English skills. His post is 3 reasons why the Broncos will win it all this year. His reasons are:

1. They are historically a successful team. This is as close as he comes to giving real evidence of why the Broncos will be any good.

2. They must "repay Mr. Bowlen's efforts" as owner. Therefore, a SB championship is imminent.

3. Peyton Manning is 38 and a popular player.......WHAT??

If a kid wrote it then I should handle it with the appropriate gloves. But come on.

You look at most fans, and they argue with passion and emotion and not reason or logic. It happens when you care about something so much. Look at any argument you've had with your significant other. It might start out using reason, but generally degrades into emotion.

You also get the stat gurus. They throw stats out there and try to define the game. The vast minority of a fanbase played the game, or ever payed it at a high level, and has an in depth understanding of the game.

Broken down, football can be an incredibly simple game...at least at the NFL level.