my dad and his pal Percy

seanoob

Reaction score
I love it when the players hang out with the fans. Awesome!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":379100eb said:
Cool pic.
Did anybody see this video interview (2 parts)? Percy's Dad passed away this offseason of pancreatic cancer (and was the reason he wasn't with the guys working out at Hermosa Beach.) http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 6b481afd9e

That really sucks. Pancreatic cancer also claimed my Dad, he passed on my birthday in 2000 (in my family room, on a hospital bed, under hospice care). Last year, the American Cancer Society awarded $35.5 million for breast cancer research (5-year survival rate: 89.2%) and $4.4 million for pancreatic cancer research (5-year survival rate: 6%). Boobs are nice, but c'mon.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2rtd131n said:
TeamoftheCentury":2rtd131n said:
Cool pic.
Did anybody see this video interview (2 parts)? Percy's Dad passed away this offseason of pancreatic cancer (and was the reason he wasn't with the guys working out at Hermosa Beach.) http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 6b481afd9e

That really sucks. Pancreatic cancer also claimed my Dad, he passed on my birthday in 2000 (in my family room, on a hospital bed, under hospice care). Last year, the American Cancer Society awarded $35.5 million for breast cancer research (5-year survival rate: 89.2%) and $4.4 million for pancreatic cancer research (5-year survival rate: 6%). Boobs are nice, but c'mon.
I'm sorry for your loss and that it was on your birthday and all. I'm sure that's still tough. My Dad isn't doing so well right now. Not cancer, but not good. He's got some tests being done this week. Some special things family events coming up later this year. I hope he's around for them. Plus, he lives 3,000 miles away.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Condolences to everyone who has lost a loved one to cancer.

My mother is a pancreatic cancer survivor, and we are all very thankful and lucky for her to be alive. She insisted something was wrong and no doctor in Montana or even Seattle that she went to could even detect that she had cancer. However, there are some great doctors in Minneapolis that did find it and performed some state-of-the-art operations (such as the Whipple procedure) and come highly recommended from us.

It's been several years and she is still alive and for all we know cancer-free.

Latest posts