Yet another reason to love PC/JS

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
With only 6 picks , grabbing a couple UDFA's that can come in and stick would be very clutch

hawknation2014

Reaction score
If I were an agent who received one of these brochures, I would be thinking "Pete Carroll doesn't believe my guy is going to be drafted. F@#%!"

:shock:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
They basically admit they whiff on a bunch of draft picks, which is kind of funny and true.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I don't know, I'm disappointed in the glaring lack of pie charts. Nobody really takes you seriously until you break out the pie charts

salamander

Reaction score
We should have a contest to design a better Powerpoint template for the Seahawks.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":991vmfq2 said:
If I were an agent who received one of these brochures, I would be thinking "Pete Carroll doesn't believe my guy is going to be drafted. F@#%!"

:shock:
Agents handle more than one player. For every draft-quality player they represent, there are lots of kids who won't be drafted. PC & JS want the Seahawks to be a preferred location, such that when the Patriots and Seahawks both want a player, the agent advises the player to sign with Seattle because he'll have a better chance to stick on the roster, or be selected by another team if he doesn't.

Our statistics show that we keep more UDFAs than other teams and more of our players get picked up by other teams if released by the Seahawks.

All of that represents more money to the agent in the form of commission, and therefore incentive for the agent to recommend Seattle over other teams.

Gametime

Reaction score
Any team could make a brochure. The problem is that very few teams could back up the claim because very few teams view UDFA's with the same opportunistic open mindedness. If I was an UDFA who believed in my game I'd be begging to play here. And as an agent, you know your client has a great shot at being at being noticed by not only the Hawks but by other teams because they get true pre-season reps! As long as they hit on a few who contribute each year they'll be a targeted destination for the cream of the UDFA pool every year! Its a brilliant strategy. I think its stuff like this that JS and PC are doing that will not only continue to win but will influence the entire league. Its already started. We are truly lucky to have this FO.

Sac

Reaction score
Given that we only have 6 picks (so far) this year, I can see why undrafted free agents would be more of a priority.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
This is brilliant. Since many agents have several players and a few that do not get drafted this keeps the hawks in the game.

Seeing how many Hawk recruits end up in the league has to be a lure.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ogf3pmn said:
This is pretty cool. Wonder if other teams do anything like this?
Maybe, but we have evidence to back our claims. They don't because there's only one beautiful man in this world with the moxie to be Pete Carroll.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3qx49647 said:
This is pretty cool. Wonder if other teams do anything like this?
Maybe, but we have evidence to back our claims. They don't because there's only one beautiful man in this world with the moxie to be Pete Carroll.

Bux005

Reaction score
Between this and now Sherman getting an extension and jumping on every channel he can, the day before the draft, this is so so smart. Sherman in the press conference and on the nfl network made sure to bring up Baldwin and Kearse. These kinds of things will stick in the heads of udfa. They continue to outsmart everyone. Brilliant timing.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1gppdado said:
Given that we only have 6 picks (so far) this year, I can see why undrafted free agents would be more of a priority.

As well as a draw for the UDFA's.

Would you as an UDFA rather attempt to beat out the 11 picks the 9ers have or the 6 we do? Add to that all the other opportunities and statistical data of success and it makes Seattle likely the most alluring destinations for UDFA's. Not to mention playing for the most popular coach in sports by a large margin.