I Would of Rather Won The Superbowl Against The Steelers!

Hawkblock75

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy the Seahawks won the 2014 Superbowl but for some reason I'm still upset about the prior Superbowl we lost against the Steelers. I was so into the Hawks that year and the whole city was fired up. I'm from the inner city (Central District aka Black Area) of Seattle and allot of my homies/family were alive and I know they was ready to finally get on the map, but we lost. I pretty much gave up on the Seahawks after that, allot of my friends/family have passed on smh it's been 10 long years, kind of sad, but on a positive note, I remember when I was a kid every year my parents would enroll me in the "Seahawks Steak & Shake" program where all the little kids from the rough neighborhoods would get shuttled on a bus to spend a day with the Seahawks at the University of Washington. We ate lavish (steak, shrimp, lobster, etc) took pictures, got autograph's, listened to music, danced, it use to be fun. I don't know if the program is active still (this was back in the early 90's) I hope so though, it was inspirational for me and I know the new generation growing up in the hood would benefit from it. Anyways, I'm rambling, but yeah, I think allot of people (not only me) would of rather won the first Superbowl we was in, I still get mad thinking about it... Peace.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry to hear you've lost a lot of friends and family since 2005. At the end of the day, this is entertainment. Nothing matters like friends and family so my sincere condolences.

As high as I am coming off of this fantastic dream season finishing in a historic beat down, I share your feelings about SBXL* like most of us here do. That game was the clearest evidence you will ever have that on some level, the game can be manipulated by external forces. I will never say it was a conscious conspiracy by the NFL to make sure the Seahawks lost that game by all means necessary, but anybody with half a brain could see the fix was in from the start.

They say it's not healthy to fixate on the past. I get that. But like any profound hardship in life, you can move on, but you never forget.

The pain of SBXL* has eased somewhat for me over the years, but I will never forget the injustice of that game. Never. Oh sure, other team fans can say we Seahawks fans can't get over losing a game, or "Get over it already!" but if the shoe was on the other foot they would feel no different than we do...All these years later.

I hope on some level you and yours found some solace and peace in this Super Bowl Championship. We did it.

We finally did it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wow, use paragraphs!! Anyway there is always this year or better yet Superbowl 50 in Santa Clara.:)

Think about it.... Santa Clara and 2 time defending Superbowl champions against Pittsburgh in Superbowl 50 it would be EPIC!!!

I understand your frustration but 2005 is done, gone, past but 2014 and beyond isn't.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":16fv4j9w said:
Aros":16fv4j9w said:
MizzouHawkGal":16fv4j9w said:
Wow, use paragraphs!!

Sigh. Really? :34853_doh:
Made it hard to read at first but check the rest of my post.:)

I feel ya, I'm just coming from a place of thinking that there is a time and place for critiquing one's writing style and I wouldn't have chose his first post (based on the content) as the example.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I didn't notice it was his first post.:(

Sorry Hawkblock, I really am a pretty nice girl if a bit sarcastic. Welcome to
.Net.

Jo

chris98251

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of freinds and family over the time period, but the positive is we have been there and won one now, fan bases such as the Vikings and Bills have not experienced the joy and pride in their team that we have been able to.

Where those that have passed have along with so many others we know or have experienced being fans with may have not been in physical presence with us I can only hope that they are and were there spirtually and shared the moment with you with a happy thought.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I loved that '05 team, I've loved every Seahawk team. But there's something about this team-Pete, John, Russell, the LOB, Marshawn-that I can't get enough of. Towards the end of the season, I just wanted the SB win so bad, for me yes, but more for this team because they deserved it.

That being said, I'm over Super Bowl XL. I'm not even putting an asterisk by it anymore and I'm done calling them the Stealers. The reason being, I don't think this team in its current incarnation even exists had we won Super Bowl XL. No Pete, no John, no Russell, etc.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkblock75":3h1pdet9 said:
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy the Seahawks won the 2014 Superbowl but for some reason I'm still upset about the prior Superbowl we lost against the Steelers. I was so into the Hawks that year and the whole city was fired up. I'm from the inner city (Central District aka Black Area) of Seattle and allot of my homies/family were alive and I know they was ready to finally get on the map, but we lost. I pretty much gave up on the Seahawks after that, allot of my friends/family have passed on smh it's been 10 long years, kind of sad, but on a positive note, I remember when I was a kid every year my parents would enroll me in the "Seahawks Steak & Shake" program where all the little kids from the rough neighborhoods would get shuttled on a bus to spend a day with the Seahawks at the University of Washington. We ate lavish (steak, shrimp, lobster, etc) took pictures, got autograph's, listened to music, danced, it use to be fun. I don't know if the program is active still (this was back in the early 90's) I hope so though, it was inspirational for me and I know the new generation growing up in the hood would benefit from it. Anyways, I'm rambling, but yeah, I think allot of people (not only me) would of rather won the first Superbowl we was in, I still get mad thinking about it... Peace.

"Let I goooo; let it gooo!" The refs never bothered me anyway.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was nice to see a SuperbOwl game where the refs just let em play. Helped a lot in forgetting 05. Sure it sucked, but having them win it all this year really helped put that to bed for a lot of people I'm sure.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
There would be some karmic beauty in beating the Steelers in the SB, but I have to admit that I don't even want them to make it back there... ever. I don't hold the outcome of SB XL against the Pittsburgh franchise, but their fans were awful afterwards. I'm glad they've missed the postseason two years running and that their defense and QB are aging and becoming less effective. I'm hoping for a dark era for Pittsburgh football, but that's just me.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":295zn9y2 said:
Hawkblock75":295zn9y2 said:

"Let I goooo; let it gooo!" The refs never bothered me anyway.

CLEARLY a parent.

FWIW, my heart was frozen after that debacle but luckily an act of true love was able to save me this season!

Hawkblock, welcome to .net, enjoy your stay! :2:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We did win that Super Bowl as I see it but ..The zebras gave it to them..Thats how I deal with it..I can't blame the Steelers because the owner was so tight with everyone..The players were just playing the game..I agree with the comment that if we had won that you wouldn't see the monster Hawks of today that the NFL created by throwing that 1st Super Bowl..This Super Bowl meant more to me because my dad got to see them win it before he passed away a month later..

Cartire

Reaction score
I understand.

But honestly, I think we have a better chance of repeating now than then. And if it was a choice of one or a consecutive 2. Well, yep.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":1tzn7hjc said:
Man, I'm sorry to hear you've lost a lot of friends and family since 2005. At the end of the day, this is entertainment. Nothing matters like friends and family so my sincere condolences.

As high as I am coming off of this fantastic dream season finishing in a historic beat down, I share your feelings about SBXL* like most of us here do. That game was the clearest evidence you will ever have that on some level, the game can be manipulated by external forces. I will never say it was a conscious conspiracy by the NFL to make sure the Seahawks lost that game by all means necessary, but anybody with half a brain could see the fix was in from the start.

They say it's not healthy to fixate on the past. I get that. But like any profound hardship in life, you can move on, but you never forget.

The pain of SBXL* has eased somewhat for me over the years, but I will never forget the injustice of that game. Never. Oh sure, other team fans can say we Seahawks fans can't get over losing a game, or "Get over it already!" but if the shoe was on the other foot they would feel no different than we do...All these years later.

I hope on some level you and yours found some solace and peace in this Super Bowl Championship. We did it.

We finally did it.
Amen Brotha!!! I started tearing up when you said We Did It. SBXL will always be a monumentally depressing moment as a lifelong Seahawk fan. If we had lost fairly, so be it. But we didn't. It still hurts.
Thank god for Schneider and Carroll! SBXL I cried like a baby all night and basically most of that week. SBXLVIII I cried tears of joy when it happened for about an hour but have been flying high with a smile on my face. I am smiling right now as I write this. Good lord, I love this franchise.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yeah, beating the Steelers would have been extra sweet --- but watching John Elway squirm in the owners box was just about as good as it could have been for me.

As for losing people -- my dad missed it by 15 months. I wish he could have been there, but I also know that the very best of himself he passed on to his kids. We honored him by fully embracing the amazing experience that was XLVIII.

I try not to connect the two games very much. The experiences were just so different. Like Aros, I will never feel good about what happened in Detroit, but I will certainly dwell much more on what happened in New Jersey, and especially the greatest battle in Seahawk history that happened 2 weeks prior.