Russell Wilson is back to work

TXHawk

Reaction score
Here's an interesting bit of info from Peter King's MMQB:
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/31/jim-kelly ... terback/2/

I asked Pete Carroll abut the continued development of Russell Wilson, and he told me two interesting things: He thinks Wilson can be a 70-percent passer, and Wilson and Percy Harvin are already throwing together this off-season. And also this: Carroll will not be going light on Wilson now that he’s won a Super Bowl. “He needs all the attention that everyone else needs, and he’s gonna get it,’’ Carroll said. “Russell’s just a young guy figuring it out. Of course, he applies himself so well that you think that he’s okay. I think that would be a tragic mistake. He’s just developing. He’s just coming on. He needs work fundamentally. He needs work on the principles of what we’re doing. He needs repetitions with the guys that he plays with. All of that will just continue to add to his play. So we’re not going to treat any differently than anybody else. We’re gonna battle like crazy to make him push his game as far as he can take it. So that’s what this offseason is about. He’ll be available as much as a guy can be available. He’s already traveling with our guys. Throwing with our guys. Working out with guys all over the country. He’s ringing the bell now. Wherever he goes, they know he’s coming. He’s gonna get them out and get them on a field somewhere, and throw the ball around, and do something with the fellas.’’

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Wow reading between the lines I'm sensing a potential QB schism here. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we see an epic battle between Russ and Tjack for the starting position this offseason. # alwayscompete

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2cn3jks1 said:
Wow reading between the lines I'm sensing a potential QB schism here. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we see an epic battle between Russ and Tjack for the starting position this offseason. # alwayscompete
Sarcasm flags are your friends I suggest using them now and again.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":xb3txc6r said:
therealjohncarlson":xb3txc6r said:
Sarcasm flags are your friends I suggest using them now and again.

Yeah but thats so boring

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I love our QB.

Remember when Charlie Whitehurst wouldn't even organize a workout during the lockout?

Never take RW for granted.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2bbkshjw said:
I love our QB.

Remember when Charlie Whitehurst wouldn't even organize a workout during the lockout?

Thats not entirely true. I heard this is one of the "workouts" CBJ tried to organize

Grandmas Boy 2

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I have always heard that time frame but I don't know if the clock starts with the first start or just with the general length of time acclimating to the pro game. Russell May have been ahead of the curve. Any way the important thing I took from this is that Pete has a young QB with potential that will do things the way he wants them done.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":20ver4v7 said:
Isn't the jump in quality of play for a QB usually considered to be the most significant between years 2 and 3?

Sounds about right, third year is the jump, IMO.

I'm sure 4th and 5th year, a QB can still improve, but the 2-3 jump I would imagine can be the best opportunity to make a significant leap.

McGruff

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3w4rkmhd said:
HawkFan72":3w4rkmhd said:
I love our QB.

Thats not entirely true. I heard this is one of the "workouts" CBJ tried to organize

Grandmas Boy 2

Yeah, but who are he guys on eiher side of him?

Veilside

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2xg9dczt said:
HawkFan72":2xg9dczt said:
I love our QB.

Grandmas Boy 2

haha heheha hahah....is this Marv Albert?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Great reading that about Pete and Russell, though not really a surprise given the nature of each.

That anecdote about Ralph Wilson was awesome.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1sk5mhi9 said:
Isn't the jump in quality of play for a QB usually considered to be the most significant between years 2 and 3?

I've heard from various sources that a QB usually peaks around year 4. I'm not sure which year is the biggest jump; I'm guessing it's different for every QB.

I honestly think Wilson's growth was stunted a bit by poor OL play/injuries last year. The biggest thing he needs to work on is seeing the entire field/getting deeper into progressions. Many times the 3rd option is open and he's missed it. I don't think he got to work on that last year when he was averaging 2 secends before pressure got to him.

If he can improve on this, we're going to see a guy similar to Brees but that can pick up 1st downs with his feet, which should scare the rest of the division.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
All my Sources tell me Wilson is going to have a big year, because he throws the ball around with his bros.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Veilside":1boqxp8d said:
therealjohncarlson":1boqxp8d said:
HawkFan72":1boqxp8d said:
I love our QB.

Grandmas Boy 2

haha heheha hahah....is this Marv Albert?
Nope......That's a Chimpanzee :16:

NorCal

Reaction score
He just now got back to work?? Kap has already been back to work for a couple of weeks. Sounds like a hangover year is coming for the Hawks. :escape: