Ian Rapoport update on Melton

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22m
If there is a Henry Melton signing with the #Cowboys, doesn't sound like it'll happen tonight. Vikings in it, Seahawks not as much.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yep, that's a bummer. But it sounds like if his knee checks out, he'll be getting quite a bit of cash. I also think we need a DE more than a DT anyways so Allen may be more appropriate.

Also given their current cap space, we would be very hard pressed to get both, it's most likely we go for one if we want to extend Thomas and/or Sherman. Also gotta keep some cash around for when Finley is cleared. Apparently he's chosen the Hawks but has several more steps medically before he's cleared.

I don't see how the Cowboys are in play. They have 7m in cap space and that's without reserving some for IR, PS players, escalators/incentives, etc. They have the worst cap in the league. They've got $41m pushed to the future for Romo restructures alone.

I think Allen would do pretty well here. We have some good young DT's who red-shirted last year so I'm hoping one of them step up along with Mebane/McDaniel.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The problem is that Ian Rapoport is wrong more often than he is right. Makes you wonder if he just makes stuff up.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Henry, if you don't go to Egypt, you'll never get to the top of the pyramid. ;)

jblaze

Reaction score
HansGruber":3s4lj78s said:
The problem is that Ian Rapoport is wrong more often than he is right. Makes you wonder if he just makes stuff up.

I don't know, I haven't noticed him being wrong a lot and he gets retweeted a lot by reputable journalists.

Florio, on the other hand, don't get me started.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawks arent dumping major cash on anyone this season. Im great with that.. we'll be an elite defense once again regardles..

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ygnoxvw said:
What's he been wrong about?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":1ma4q14e said:

Actually he's been dead on all offseason

When Melton left Seattle without a contract, he instantly became a long shot to sign here.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2vnl8jr1 said:
I'm just going to wait out the Allen/Melton drama it may take awhile especially Allen.
A very wise choice. Nobody knows anything for sure until after it happens anyway.

theascension

Reaction score
I don't think we need anyone else now that we've got Hauschka signed honestly. Save the money for E.T/Sherman/Wilson. We'd be able to pay E.T this year and everyone important next year.

Penman96

Reaction score
The guys on KIRO 710 were playing an interview clip (at 17:00 today) with the one and only Terry Blount.

He said that Jared Allen came here to Seattle on Sunday then went home. He didn't visit anywhere else. Arrounding to wise Terry, Seattle are likely to sign Allen and it should be announced by Wednesday (03/19/14)

Grab a nearby shaker of salt and believe if you will...

Maxman186

Reaction score
Penman96":1d12s3pt said:
The guys on KIRO 710 were playing an interview clip (at 17:00 today) with the one and only Terry Blount.

He said that Jared Allen came here to Seattle on Sunday then went home. He didn't visit anywhere else. Arrounding to wise Terry, Seattle are likely to sign Allen and it should be announced by Wednesday (03/19/14)

Please stop, my sides can't handle much more

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Maxman186":2xzz6yv7 said:
Penman96":2xzz6yv7 said:

Please stop, my sides can't handle much more

Allen went and did charity work for injured vets and then is visiting the Cowboys Wednesday.

Don't look to Blount for any info. Rapaport has been documenting everything closely and has shown pics of Allen out doing charity work in between visits.

McGruff

Reaction score
Penman96":17jwf6h8 said:

If this happens it will be the first story Blount has ever initiaited.

HansGruber

Reaction score
McGruff":31g46csl said:
Penman96":31g46csl said:

If this happens it will be the first story Blount has ever initiaited.

What about when he punched that Boise St player?