Micheal Bennett- 2014's version of Paul Kreuger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleegg1

Reaction score
I, for one, will happy to see the brain trust not be held hostage by this years Paul Kreuger.

And just before camp when Bemnett finally gets that Labrum repaired, I will be even happier. Labrums do not repair themselves. They can be tolerated however, for some time.

Given the choice between Bennett and Avril, I take Avril.

And if it so happens that we get a vet at a discount, I'll be thrilled. Would absolutely love to see Jared Allen in the Clink.

With Cliff Avril and a healthy Clemons, I think we would have beat ATL and SF and went to the previous dance.

We all we got, we all we need.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but...

Bennett >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kruger, by a good margin.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bennett maintains his play for Chicago, but also wouldn't be surprised if he fell off a little.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3qnp38vk said:

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bennett maintains his play for Chicago, but also wouldn't be surprised if he fell off a little.
He will be a non-factor in Chicago. I understand that careers are short in the NFL for most but Bennett isn't just league average so I just don't understand his greed and foolishness at all. He got his money so good luck I guess he liked being in Tampa Bay pre Lovie.

KK84

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1rpiukcv said:
dontbelikethat":1rpiukcv said:

He will be a non-factor in Chicago. I understand that careers are short in the NFL for most but Bennett isn't just league average so I just don't understand his greed and foolishness at all. He got his money so good luck I guess he liked being in Tampa Bay pre Lovie.

Foolishness would be not taking advantage of his only opportunity at a huge payday. What you call greed, I call taking care of his family and his future. Does it suck that he's most likely leaving? Of course. But name-calling and personal attacks on an integral member of the team that finally brought us a ring is absolute ridiculousness.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I get what some of you guys are saying but I don't like that we're seeming to turn on this guy so quickly, feels like sour grapes. He came here on a good deal, played like a monster, helped us win our first SB, now he might go take a bigger payday than we were going to offer in addition to going and playing with his brother. Best of luck to him if that's how it all turns out. I wouldn't have called him Paul Kruger if he had re-signed with us and I won't call him that if he doesn't.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Where did I ever name call? I think he is thinking in the short term and foolish. That isn't name calling. And if it turns out we didn't lowball him either then my opinion of him being greedy isn't offbase either.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2d5z4si0 said:
Why are some fans getting kind of angry with Bennett?

Because some people can't understand why anybody would want to take more money rather than a cheaper deal to stay on their favorite team. It's amazing how much praise Bennett received this year and now that there's talk about him going to Chicago people are dragging him through the mud.

davidonmi

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1empcm3h said:
Why are some fans getting kind of angry with Bennett?
no clue, he took a bet on himself contract to play for the hawks and was an intrical part of them winning a SB, he deserves to be paid as much as he wants.
He can enjoy winning absolutely nothing with jay cutler at the helm though

OP
OP
A

Appleegg1

Reaction score
I never bad mouthed or name called him.
If he does indeed sign with Chicago for 8 mil a year, I am just relieved to know we won't be over-paying him.

As for the Paul Kreuger comparison- I think it's legit given that Michael Bennett benefitted greatly from the team around him.

Paul Kreuger had 3 sacks in the Super Bowl, was the most highly coveted pass rusher, then signed for money in Cleveland and disappeared into obscurity. Becoming another one of those guys that shined in the Super Bowl, then got paid and didn't do too much after.

I certainly don't blame Bennett one bit. I guess I'm just thankful for the competence of our front office for not devaluing the idea of the "sum of the parts"

Retaining earl, Sherman and Russell is paramount to this teams success for the next 5-7 years.

Go hawks, good luck to you mr Bennett

sc85sis

Reaction score
The NFL is a business. Guys can get cut. Injury can end their career. Remember when Bennett went down and was carted off the field and everyone was scared he'd been seriously injured?

Careers are short in the NFL. Guys need to get what they can while they can. It sucks for the fans, but that's the reality of it.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I won't dismiss what he did last year to help bring the first championship to the Hawks!
I appreciate his hard work, and the fact that he was a pivotal part of that process.
I guess the way I see it is...
He could stay in Seattle for a couple of dollars less, and become a Hall of Fame player, perhaps a multiple Supeb Owl Champion..
Or, go to another team for a few dollars more, and fade into obscurity.
Like, 'What ever happened to Micheal Bennett; he was amazing when he played for the Seahawks' type of thing.
Life is all about choices, if he moves on, so what?
The team is more important than one guy, find the 'next' guy.
That's how it is suppose to work.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Avril's leaving in 12 months for more money then you think he should have. Next years Paul Kruger/Michael Bennett.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wartooth":2p8yy1if said:
I won't dismiss what he did last year to help bring the first championship to the Hawks!
I appreciate his hard work, and the fact that he was a pivotal part of that process.
I guess the way I see it is...
He could stay in Seattle for a couple of dollars less, and become a Hall of Fame player, perhaps a multiple Supeb Owl Champion..
Or, go to another team for a few dollars more, and fade into obscurity.
Like, 'What ever happened to Micheal Bennett; he was amazing when he played for the Seahawks' type of thing.
Life is all about choices, if he moves on, so what?
The team is more important than one guy, find the 'next' guy.
That's how it is suppose to work.
My exact thought. And some players just don't get why they aren't remembered. Personally I just don't understand what they're actually thinking. I mean they have degrees if they actually want them and opportunities nobody else gets during and after their careers if they actually give a damn.

seadoc30

Reaction score
If it comes out that Bennett took a deal which was 2-3 million more than we offered, good for him.. no hard feelings. But if he left us for a deal just a little better than ours, than that jackass can rot wherever he goes. Gut feeling is that it's the latter. Sounds and he looks like it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Is this another Bennett thread? Why yes, yes it is.

Just so the new people know where the rules are:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20981

And what it says about the same topic over and over:

** Dual Topics**

"This has become a problem so we are asking EVERYONE to please check the first page of the forum you want to post a topic in to make sure it hasn't been recently discussed.

If you make a similar topic post on a topic that is already being discussed on the first page of the main forum your post will be deleted."

(Or locked and you may or may not receive a PM) So PLEASE READ THE RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts