Super Bowl White jersey?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hey all,

I almost hate to create a new thread about this, because it makes it obvious that I haven't bought my Super Bowl gear yet, but my wife and I are trying to find white Super Bowl jerseys... and they don't seem to exist. Which seems bizarre, given that's the jersey they actually wore in the game. I also am not having any luck finding the 48 patch itself (which could then be sewn on a non-Super Bowl away jersey).

Can anyone help on either count?

ParisPC07

Reaction score
I looked everywhere and couldn't find any ones for males. I cracked and bought a blue because it had the rubber patch and I didn't want to wait too long and then not be able to find one.

James in PA

Reaction score
I specifically remember seeing Sherman and Wilson white SB jerseys for sale online before the game. But I couldn't find any doing a quick online search now. They must be sold out. I hate when supply doesn't meet demand. I hope they are smart enough to make more of these. This is definitely an item I'd like to get for my birthday this summer.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I hope they're making more, too. They'd be silly not to... that's a lot of $$$ to be made. I looked for one the day after the SB, and they had a white Wilson one in every size but M, which is what I want. I need this jersey for the collection.

main

Reaction score
Unfortunately, all online websites have sold out. I was in the same boat a few days after the Super Bowl, but I got extremely lucky to find one at Mill Creek Sports. After I came in to buy my jersey, the worker told me that they will stop selling the white SB jerseys so Russell Wilson can sign them (to obviously sell). When I came home after, I noticed they immediately took down all their white jerseys on their website. Now, the only way to get them will be on craigslist or ebay (after market prices). Sorry to drop the bad news.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
It blows my mind how much money is left on the table by not replenishing stock on soooo many items.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
it really is pretty unbelievable how they can't seem to get this supply chain situation handled. items like the sideline beanie that have been out of stock for months continue to be unavailable. they got a small restock in january and immediately sold out, why not make 100,000 of these things? you know you're going to sell them. i work in the apparel industry so i know the headaches involved with overseas production but it seems like the NFL would have the infrastructure and logistics worked out to keep things in stock/replenish stock much faster.

in regards to the jerseys there seem to be 2 versions of the patch available. one is a smaller less detailed version of the official game patch, rubberized/metallic looking. the other is a larger, cheaper and in my opinion uglier embroidered version. at the moment it seems like the only ones available are the embroidered versions. kind of a bummer.

James in PA

Reaction score
I remember the NFC Champions hat the team wore after the San Francisco game were sold out everywhere online about a week after the game and people were selling them on ebay for $50+. Then they suddenly became available again. I hope that is the case with these white Super Bowl jerseys.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If the NFL is as devious a business as some other corporations, they'll wait 'till everybody gives up and buys the jerseys with the lame patch on the wrong side of the chest... THEN they'll release the "official" game style white jersey that everybody wants for big $$'s, and everyone will have to have it, and they'll get even more of your money. Kinda like how the movie companies release a bare-bones DVD of a big movie, then 6 months later they release the fancy version with all the extras, then 6 months after that they release the "platinum" version Blu-Ray. So a lot of people will buy 3 copies of the same movie. Only time will tell if my little theory on the jerseys comes to fruition. But I'm not buying the totally inaccurate jerseys, even if they don't ever release the official one. I just think they're all lame if they're not identical to the actual game jersey's.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys for the heads-up. I've got a line on a couple of Games, I see the rubber/less-detailed patches on ebays, and we may just have to slap something together. Did anyone ever see any Limited Super Bowl jerseys? Or would we be better off just buying the Limited jersey we want and applying the patch?

....And does Swedish know something we don't?