Figuring out Manning's hand signals

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Never thought about it, but that's a possibility he aided. Sherm and Smith both said on Kimmel that players do help each other out as long as they aren't on opposing ends of the field.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I think this is being all blown out of proportion. They got no separation off the line most of the time, and when you have constant pressure in your face, your game plan can change very quickly.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3exj0dfx said:
I think this is being all blown out of proportion. They got no separation off the line most of the time, and when you have constant pressure in your face, your game plan can change very quickly.

Actually I think the possibility is higher than it would be in a normal situation, because they didn't game plan for the silent count which employs more hand signals. They added that after the first snap went awry and cost them the ball and 2 points. This wouldn't give them a lot of time to employ a whole new hand signal system, so it would be possible with the amount of game film guys like Sherman and others on our defense study, to recognize a few of them and be able to ready themselves for those isn't really that far out there.