And another reminder why Pete >>>> Jim Mora

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Just watching Pete's press conference after the parade. He just listed a laundry list of specific improvements this team can make after a Super Bowl winning season.

He was positively complaining about certain issues.

In his exit interview after the 5-11 2009 season, Mora could barely come up with any other much needed improvements and when asked for positives said the punter played well.

Exittium

Reaction score
And I like how he maintained on keeping the guys together. Now of course its up to the players, but besides ET now I noticed Kam while interviewing on the field after the ceremony mentioned how the LOB wants to stay together. So its up to them now. I'm hoping and guessing Sherm more than likely feels the same.

ivotuk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3lt98rpf said:
Just watching Pete's press conference after the parade. He just listed a laundry list of specific improvements this team can make after a Super Bowl winning season.

In his exit interview after the 5-11 2009 season, Mora could barely come up with any other much needed improvements and when asked for positives said the punter played well.

Careful, if you mention improving the team, some people will jump right on the "We just won a Superbowl and you're bitching?" wagon.

That's why I love Pete and John, they, like some posters on here, are already in draft mode. I want to see some improvement in the Oline.

NFCW is the toughest division in the NFL and we won't repeat if we play against them like we did this year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Did he say that Russell was battling a sore shoulder this year as well?

billio155

Reaction score
I mentioned earlier I thought Russ was hurt during the Giants game and was shouted out of the forum.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Also said Russell was exquisite down the stretch, despite all the silliness about how he was playing.

Damn straight.

Exittium

Reaction score
ivotuk":2cd2t4dy said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2cd2t4dy said:

Careful, if you mention improving the team, some people will jump right on the "We just won a Superbowl and you're bitching?" wagon.

That's why I love Pete and John, they, like some posters on here, are already in draft mode
. I want to see some improvement in the Oline.

NFCW is the toughest division in the NFL and we won't repeat if we play against them like we did this year.

:177692: :34853_doh: :141847_bnono: Total face palm comment there in bold.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
All great coaches look for areas of improvement even after great games or seasons. The coach at my Alma mater is that kind of coach. You might have heard of him, a guy named Bill Snyder. When Pete was at USC, Snyder was one of the few coaches outside the Pac-10 to own Pete during the regular season. Pete went 0-2 vs. Snyder with BCS Bowl teams.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I used to look at the bright lime green stuff from Mora's year and think, "bleh, what a terrible time that was for this organization." Now, I find myself looking on it with a kind of calm relief, thinking "this represents the death of the pre-Super Bowl era in Seattle. After that year, we began building our championship team.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
billio155":cfp2opm5 said:
I mentioned earlier I thought Russ was hurt during the Giants game and was shouted out of the forum.

It was actually the Falcons game where he started wearing shoulder pads that stuck out a little more on the left side (i.e. More protection). So I think it was the Bucs game that he got hurt.

formido

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2l09t12y said:
billio155":2l09t12y said:

It was actually the Falcons game where he started wearing shoulder pads that stuck out a little more on the left side (i.e. More protection). So I think it was the Bucs game that he got hurt.

Yep, if you watch the Bucs game, you can see the play where he took a shot and came up exercising his shoulder. This was also the game where he got a lot of kudos for not being "jittery" and standing strong in the pocket. Unfortunately, that criticism was misguided as being jittery behind this offensive line was the rational approach. Also note he got hurt in the pocket, not running the ball.

chris98251

Reaction score
he had a brace under his sleeves if you looked closely the later part of the season, also about the time he stopped running.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It didn't realize we were running short on reasons to believe that Pete Carroll is a better HC than Jim Mora Jr.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":h1qf02ct said:
All great coaches look for areas of improvement even after great games or seasons. The coach at my Alma mater is that kind of coach. You might have heard of him, a guy named Bill Snyder. When Pete was at USC, Snyder was one of the few coaches outside the Pac-10 to own Pete during the regular season. Pete went 0-2 vs. Snyder with BCS Bowl teams.
Wow, sounds like Bill Snyder should be a Super Bowl winning Coach for some team in the NFL :16: