RW's first down run...Flashback to super bowl xl

Smellyman

Reaction score
wtf was the ref looking at? if they get that right possible 7 instead of 3.

and if Kearse holds on to the TD pass (nice D play) this actually couldve of been much worse for Denver.

Still perplexed on that review though. Perusing other forums EVERYBODY thought it was a first and a botched call. Even Denver forums.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I literally thought at that point they were going to screw us again. Crazy how that was not the case at all

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
I forgot the BS call on Lockette on the Kick return too. I was really think ugh.....here we go

Msfann

Reaction score
It looked pretty clear to me that at least half of the ball was over the line. I don't know what they could have been thinking. Though it seemed to me like the ball was spotted a little short multiple times.

In the end it didn't kill us but it was still lame.

Overall I think the refs did a pretty good job and let the teams play.

Msfann

Reaction score
Smellyman":uzh7deva said:
I forgot the BS call on Lockette on the Kick return too. I was really think ugh.....here we go

Try not to get too upset about it :lol: 43-8 and our Seahawks are the champions! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
Msfann":1iowi5go said:
Smellyman":1iowi5go said:

Try not to get too upset about it :lol: 43-8 and our Seahawks are the champions! :th2thumbs:

I know, just reliving the pain of 2005 and thought it may happen again. It was VERY early in the first and thought it could have a huge impact.

still two horrible calls iwithin the first 5 minutes. I am sure everyone here was thinking the same thing.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
They took our timeout and our challenge, yet they respotted the ball. If they concede they made an error, why is it our fault?

James in PA

Reaction score
Let's not forget the play where Richard Sherman was mugged. That should have been offensive pass interference on denver. Sherman could have had a pick.

Msfann

Reaction score
Lady Talon":tayfmwfb said:
They took our timeout and our challenge, yet they respotted the ball. If they concede they made an error, why is it our fault?

That one confuses me too, I even asked about it in the game thread at the time.

Msfann

Reaction score
James in PA":22imh7n8 said:
Let's not forget the play where Richard Sherman was mugged. That should have been offensive pass interference on denver. Sherman could have had a pick.

I thought that was opi, after the game on Espn someone said the contact may have been caused because Sherman might have slowed down to stop the receiver from getting close to the ball since the receiver was behind him. I can kinda see it that way but there was some clear hands on contact too.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
Msfann":s71vbye0 said:
James in PA":s71vbye0 said:

I thought that was opi, after the game on Espn someone said the contact may have been caused because Sherman might have slowed down to stop the receiver from getting close to the ball since the receiver was behind him. I can kinda see it that way but there was some clear hands on contact too.

no way. Sherman wants the pick. no way he slows down.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Could be the bad spot motivated our guys a little bit more to remove all doubt.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, quite a few bad spots against us early. Had a feeling at the time that was going to be the extent of the "jobbing" and was right. The Hawks took the zebras out of the game EARLY, that's why I hate ultra conservative and predictable playcalling on offense early, blow em out early then you neuter Rog's henchmen and their effects on the game.

BASF

Reaction score
Lady Talon":24kqgw4l said:

The challenge is predicated on making the line to gain. It doesn't have to do with the actual spot. They moved the ball up, but it was still short (it should not have been from the angles they showed) without a measurement. Personally I think Pete should have asked for a measurement on it, which is his right. Without making the line to gain, the challenge is lost.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The Lockette call wasn't bogus. I saw him run into the guy in real time and knew we'd get flagged. Was it an intentional foul? Doubt it. He should have been paying more attention to where he was going. But it still was late.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Overall I think the refs did a good job with this game, and I didn't ever feel like we were being screwed like in 2005, though I was worried before the game that it might happen.

On Russell's run, when he placed the ball on the ground before going out of bounds (I'm assuming this is the play the OP is referring to), it was obvious to me that he was still a couple of inches short, so even though it was a valiant effort, it didn't bother me at all.

On Sherman's play where he gets mugged, I also didn't have a problem with the no-call. If anything, I was relieved that he didn't get called for DPI. We all know that OF COURSE it wasn't DPI, since he was looking at the ball, etc. - but that's the kind of play that refs can get wrong and just "assume" it was pass interference.

Also, I honestly don't think Sherman was going for the INT. I think he knew exactly what he was doing, getting in front of the receiver, slowing down to keep the receiver from getting to the ball, all while looking back for the ball as if he's going to catch it, but knowing full well that all he needs to do is prevent Thomas from getting to it - mission accomplished.

fav13259

Reaction score
How about that holding call on Bailey on Turbin's long run? They didnt even show the replay. It felt Like the refs were just trying to slow the team down at that point since they were already blowing Denver out!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
That spot and the subsequent denial of the challenge had me spitting beer! I was screaming at my TV, bu soon calmed down shortly afterwards. The Ref's are human and will make mistakes, but at that point in time I had a Nam style flashback of XL.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
sc85sis":3m169mtr said:
The Lockette call wasn't bogus. I saw him run into the guy in real time and knew we'd get flagged. Was it an intentional foul? Doubt it. He should have been paying more attention to where he was going. But it still was late.

He was running, starting to slow, and a guy walked in front of him. That's not a 15 yard penalty.

Latest posts