No DPOY from Seatle

253hawk

Reaction score
More like fail voters. Keuchly with 2/5 of the vote? Pleases. And Ron got coach of the year for getting the #2 seed and crapping the bed? What a joke.

Luke Kuechly 19
Robert Mathis 11½
Earl Thomas 7½
Robert Quinn 6
Richard Sherman 4
J.J. Watt 2

Smellyman

Reaction score
makes a lot of tackles....far from dominant or a huge difference maker.

Imo he should be last in that list.

Bryce84

Reaction score
Earl got more votes than I expected. This was a very tough year to decide DPoY, can make a very strong case for any of these vote getters. I would've bet on Mathis or Quinn, though.

Galen96

Reaction score
That chip on their shoulder just got REAAAALLLLLYY big... I kinda feel bad for the broncos tomorrow... they're going to be feeling the wrath of the LOB for this ridiculous oversight.

vonstout

Reaction score
I didn't see many Panther games in Wisconsin this year, but I remember seeing Kuechly mauling Gronk at the end of their game with NE. That sure was great D, LOL!

A

Anonymous

bellingerga":ykq9t9pg said:
Carmon1274":ykq9t9pg said:
LOL fail Seattle.

how is this troll idiot not banned permanently? All he ever does is troll here.

Agreed. Gonna need to shack this thread before long.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bellingerga":1db7sv67 said:
Carmon1274":1db7sv67 said:
LOL fail Seattle.

how is this troll idiot not banned permanently? All he ever does is troll here.
His forty whiners are on the golf course and he's a bit bitter over it.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Earl shoulda won it, IMO. No player is as important to a defensive scheme as Earl is to ours. Keuchly is elite, no question, but he's a non-passrushing middle LB benefiting from playing behind arguably the best the defensive line in the NFL. He does not deserve this more than Quinn, Thomas, or Mathis. Hell, he's not even the most deserving middle linebacker, Bowman is (although it's not quite the same, as Bowman plays in a 3-4). Speaking of which, how in the world is Bowman not one of the top 3 vote getters? Dude is a beast playing on a top 5 defense.

SSEHAWK

Reaction score
I think the whiner was saying he spelled Seattle wrong in the title.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Kuechly is a really good player, but he makes tackles.

For me it should've been between Robert Quinn and Richard Sherman. Both didn't just totally outclass every other player at their position, they produced huge numbers too.

Shock2k

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2n71mfrr said:
Kuechly is a really good player, but he makes tackles.

For me it should've been between Robert Quinn and Richard Sherman. Both didn't just totally outclass every other player at their position, they produced huge numbers too.

I'm with you if not Sherman, definitely Quinn. This is a joke right?

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Personal accolades are always nice. Don't get me wrong but tomorrow we are playing for the big prize, which is the ultimate goal and what you strive for in the business and game. We have to take advantage of this very rare opportunity and seize it.

kearly

Reaction score
Should have been Earl Thomas. Most important player by far on one of the best defenses of all time, and his stats were among the best this year for safeties too.

Kuechly is a very, very good player who took his game up an extra level this year. Anyone saying he's just a tackle machine, I understand why people think that but it's not true. Put on some tape. The Panthers defense went from sub-par to elite the moment they moved a then-rookie Kuechly to MLB last year, and you basically never ever see THAT level of impact from a LB. He took his game up to an even higher level this season and definitely deserves strong consideration for the award.

My ballot probably would have gone Thomas, Kuechly, Sherman, Quinn, Mathis, personally.