Article: Seattle's Schneider a favorite in Green Bay

Laloosh

Reaction score
I really hope John likes us too much to leave...

Schneider’s parents still live in Green Bay. As do some of his best friends, including the one who convinced him to make that call to Wolf. All of them will be at MetLife Stadium for Sunday's game.

There are plenty of people who wonder whether Schneider will be the Packers' next general manager. Thompson turned 61 on Jan. 17 and some within the organization believe he may walk away after his contract expires following the 2015 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packe ... -green-bay

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
That would suck. I really hope he stays in Seattle and wins a few superbowls

nategreat

Reaction score
One thing's for sure: Paul Allen has $50,000 cash in his wallet, and he will pay whatever it takes to keep John Schneider here in Seattle.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yea no doubt they will come after him hard at some point. Luckily we have the richest owner in the NFL and a pretty awesome set up for a GM.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
This is johns baby.......no way he would just leave it. Especially when it's just getting going.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":aqo9xbjm said:
Nobody who spends time around Green Bay wants to actually live there. I'm not even worried.

I can get behind this. I'm from Yakima...

(sorry if you live in Yakima but I couldn't help it)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There's no way Schneider leaves. I think Pete Carroll will retire before JS walks to another team.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm not that worried, mostly because our owner has the deepest pockets of anyone in football, he also doesn't have roots in GB, I believe he grew up a NYG fan

kf3339

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":30viusie said:
RolandDeschain":30viusie said:
Nobody who spends time around Green Bay wants to actually live there. I'm not even worried.

I can get behind this. I'm from Yakima...

(sorry if you live in Yakima but I couldn't help it)

That's funny since I was born and raised in Yakima too! I left for college in California and never made an effort to move back. Nice to visit for a few days and that's about it for me.

:lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Schnieder will stay, going home has it's merits but establishing your own legacy can't be matched in the shadow of Thompson and Wolf, getting a few Championships not in Green Bay will cement him and Pete as the real deal and forever remembered for their Seattle accomplishments.

drdiags

Reaction score
It also depends on how things progress here. Paul Allen seems to be recovering from his cancer treatments but what if his health fails and some meddling owner takes over? Same with Pete. What if he decides to walk away when his contract is up?

John grew up Packers fan. Maybe he wants to move back to the Midwest? He did extend a couple of years quietly last summer but if the Packers want him bad enough, that could be worked out. I would keep an eye on what Thompson is planning to do in a few years. Getting Schneider would be a helluva move for them. Depends on what Mark Murphy thinks when the time comes.

I don't think Mark was there when John was and I forget where he came from prior to the Packers hiring him to replace their retiring President at the time.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It all depends on if he thinks he can rebuild another team...
I mean face it, the Packers gave all the money to Erin, and Clay.
That team is looking at reloading on the cheap!
That's what Schneider does, but I still don't think he'll go...
Much better to build you're own dynasty, than to add to another!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I guess there's something to be said for Schneider wanting to go back to GB.

But I don't buy it.

1. Russell Wilson.
2. Russell Wilson.
3. Russell Wilson.
4. Allen will outbid them.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Wartooth":2vt8xnk7 said:
It all depends on if he thinks he can rebuild another team...
I mean face it, the Packers gave all the money to Erin, and Clay.
That team is looking at reloading on the cheap!
That's what Schneider does, but I still don't think he'll go...
Much better to build you're own dynasty, than to add to another!

If he does I hope its the Vikings :D

tubbs51

Reaction score
They wont get Schneider but they will probably get some one under Schneider like how the Jets went and got Idzik

Rainger

Reaction score
chris98251":1xewr91y said:
I think Schnieder will stay, going home has it's merits but establishing your own legacy can't be matched in the shadow of Thompson and Wolf, getting a few Championships not in Green Bay will cement him and Pete as the real deal and forever remembered for their Seattle accomplishments.
THIS!