Article: Seattle's Schneider a favorite in Green Bay

253hawk

Reaction score
I believe it's in the MetLife locker room, probably while getting dressed for the team picture.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27gdaqy1 said:
There's no way Schneider leaves.

I wouldn't say "no way."

Obviously as long as Pete's here, we're winning and Schneider's relationship with Allen stays healthy he will stay. But John is only 42, and Pete's 62, so it's not far fetched to imagine a day when he might want to return to GB or take on a new professional challenge elsewhere once Pete retires..........or for some reason their relationship sours.

Could be 5 years from now, 10, 15, who knows.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Honestly can't think of one reason someone would want to live in GB Wisconsin over Seattle WA.

Sure GB is a nice tradition, but Seattle is the model franchise in football. Richest owner in the league, who is COMPLETELY HANDS OFF! allows you to do what you need. Also allows you to call the bat phone whenever you want if you need anything else.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2f20fcqb said:
Honestly can't think of one reason someone would want to live in GB Wisconsin over Seattle WA

- money
- opportunity
- working conditions
- home town/family
- better run organization
- power/decision making freedom

Obviously if all things are equal with what I listed, Seattle is a better place. But for athletes, coaches and GM's what a city has to offer isn't as high on the list as other important factors.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Schneider is under contract through 2016 season and we have the richest owner in sports. Not giving this a 2nd thought for a few years.

warden

Reaction score
I think any team looking for a GM would put JS as a favorite. A complete moot point if join does not want to leave Seattle.

The Radish

Reaction score
All this talk about money..... If JS leaves or stays it won't be about money. Either franchise will give him all the money he needs or probably wants.

I think he stays here as long as Pete stays and Pete isn't really that old yet. I doubt he's ready to retire and go grow pumpkins with our Big Pumpkin just yet.

:les:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3g9uhwmm said:
gowazzu02":3g9uhwmm said:
Honestly can't think of one reason someone would want to live in GB Wisconsin over Seattle WA

- money
- opportunity
- working conditions
- home town/family
- better run organization
- power/decision making freedom

Obviously if all things are equal with what I listed, Seattle is a better place. But for athletes, coaches and GM's what a city has to offer isn't as high on the list as other important factors.

I think you misunderstood my point, or maybe I didn't make it properly. None of those bullets favor GB over Seattle.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Radish":2wre71pk said:
All this talk about money..... If JS leaves or stays it won't be about money. Either franchise will give him all the money he needs or probably wants.

I think he stays here as long as Pete stays and Pete isn't really that old yet. I doubt he's ready to retire and go grow pumpkins with our Big Pumpkin just yet.

:les:

Sorry dude, but that's false. Schneider already talked about money as a motivator, not saying he works entirely for money, but did say the size of Allen's offer played a large role in his decision to come to Seattle. As well as the quality of medical care for his son.

John Schneider has a son with autism. He and his wife have put a significant amount of money into Ben's Fund, as well as the cost of taking care of a child with autism.

John Schneider has talked publicly about this issue, as well as at an event for Ben's Fund which I attended. JS and his wife live a simple lifestyle, they are not extravagant. But they spend a great deal of money on their son's care and every million counts in that battle. If another team in a market with high quality medical care was to offer him an extra million per year, you can bet he will go.

drdiags

Reaction score
How is the fact that John was born in WIsconsin and grew up a Packers fan not have an impact on his decision to take the GM job there if offered? The whole "Green Bay has nothing on Seattle" line is folly. Allen may not meddle much in the NFL business but he has churned his NBA GMs.

I am just thankful that John is here and helping to put together a solid franchise after years of turmoil. I know things don't last forever and I am not kidding myself into thinking he is here long term no matter what.

Does seem as though Thompson is going to be around a little longer than speculated. He still could retire after 2016, which would be when John's contract here ends.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Laloosh":36xnioti said:
RolandDeschain":36xnioti said:
Nobody who spends time around Green Bay wants to actually live there. I'm not even worried.

I can get behind this. I'm from Yakima...

(sorry if you live in Yakima but I couldn't help it)

But but but Yakima has Minors....Home of the Minor burger. Largest burger around. Had one of them back in my high school days playing tennis. Oh so many years ago.....but saw it was still there last year on the way to Seattle to play golf with my brother. Back to the Green Bay thingy...a friend of mine lives here and is from Michigan....only goes back for visits.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

kf3339

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2c19ylw9 said:
Laloosh":2c19ylw9 said:
RolandDeschain":2c19ylw9 said:
Nobody who spends time around Green Bay wants to actually live there. I'm not even worried.

I can get behind this. I'm from Yakima...

(sorry if you live in Yakima but I couldn't help it)

But but but Yakima has Minors....Home of the Minor burger. Largest burger around. Had one of them back in my high school days playing tennis. Oh so many years ago.....but saw it was still there last year on the way to Seattle to play golf with my brother. Back to the Green Bay thingy...a friend of mine lives here and is from Michigan....only goes back for visits.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Yep, one of the main reasons for me to go back to Yakima to visit is to go to Minors for a double cheeseburger.

They're huge!