Article: Seattle's Schneider a favorite in Green Bay

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2squ723v said:
Honestly can't think of one reason someone would want to live in GB Wisconsin over Seattle WA.
There isn't one, unless one throws out logic and common sense entirely.

NINEster

Reaction score
Lady Talon":19gkk1ch said:
I guess there's something to be said for Schneider wanting to go back to GB.

But I don't buy it.

1. Russell Wilson.
2. Russell Wilson.
3. Russell Wilson.
4. Allen will outbid them.

LOL at Wilson being the reason Schneider wanting to never leave Seattle.

Only now at the chump change he makes is a Wilson led team a building block that's hard to resist.

Once his services are no longer free (like Kaepernick, Griffin, Newton etc), we will finally know his true worth.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":24sykx13 said:
gowazzu02":24sykx13 said:
Honestly can't think of one reason someone would want to live in GB Wisconsin over Seattle WA.

We are looking at it through big city lens.

Native Wisconsin people are very passionate about their state. They would lump Seattle, SF, LA, NYC, CHI, MIA, etc as cities they wouldn't want to live over Wisconsin.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":3tdhhaxu said:
Lady Talon":3tdhhaxu said:

But I don't buy it.

1. Russell Wilson.
2. Russell Wilson.
3. Russell Wilson.

Only now at the chump change he makes is a Wilson led team a building block that's hard to resist.

Once his services are no longer free (like Kaepernick, Griffin, Newton etc), we will finally know his true worth.

The always present backhanded Niner troll. What will you do when...(followed by some refrain about highly priced retention of players)
Seattle is well under the cap right damn now. Ninersnation did a metrics breakdown of drafting success, skewed the numbers to make Baalke look good, and guess who STILL ended up the better draft guru? Tops in the league, Schneider. He started with a less than great cap and expensive QB his first year in Seattle, what did he do? Proceed to murder the draft and build the base.

So funny and predictable, Niner fans. Dude has been killing it finding late round talent, pro bowlers, playmakers enough to turn one of the least talented rosters in the league into the best and deepest, and you want to hinge his true value on ability to jump through your hoops. What a crock of shit.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Radish":1dazg8ak said:
All this talk about money..... If JS leaves or stays it won't be about money. Either franchise will give him all the money he needs or probably wants.

I think he stays here as long as Pete stays and Pete isn't really that old yet. I doubt he's ready to retire and go grow pumpkins with our Big Pumpkin just yet.

:les:

Unless Baalke leaves and he gets the opportunity to work with Harbaugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :sarcasm_off:

NINEster

Reaction score
Scottemojo":sl11f1zb said:
NINEster":sl11f1zb said:
Lady Talon":sl11f1zb said:

But I don't buy it.

1. Russell Wilson.
2. Russell Wilson.
3. Russell Wilson.

The always present backhanded Niner troll. What will you do when...(followed by some refrain about highly priced retention of players)
Seattle is well under the cap right damn now. Ninersnation did a metrics breakdown of drafting success, skewed the numbers to make Baalke look good, and guess who STILL ended up the better draft guru? Tops in the league, Schneider. He started with a less than great cap and expensive QB his first year in Seattle, what did he do? Proceed to murder the draft and build the base.

So funny and predictable, Niner fans. Dude has been killing it finding late round talent, pro bowlers, playmakers enough to turn one of the least talented rosters in the league into the best and deepest, and you want to hinge his true value on ability to jump through your hoops. What a crock of shit.

I didn't express my point properly.

It wasn't a jab at Schneider or the Seahawks roster, but WILSON.

No GM should ever prefer to be on a team primarily built around a QB, but if they absolutely had to I'd go with Rodgers, maybe Brady. Even that is pushing it.

Rodgers in the 2010 playoffs was a real beast of a QB. I haven't seen a QB dominate the post season game since then, and not many have done it to that level going back the last 10 years before that. Every time we play the Packers, I feel really good about our roster advantages but am always wearing of #12. Wilson does not inspire anywhere near that fear on his own.

BTW, in respect to Baalke/Schneider....it's hard to really rate GMs. I feel Schneider working in tandem with Carroll is a little stronger than Baalke/Harbaugh because of the synergy of getting what Carroll wants in his unique systems. Those all pro 5th rounders/UFAs/Canadian guys work because of the coach and his system, not because one GM has infinitely better drafting skill than the 31 other guys.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Niner fans should worry about their own self-centered Bicep kissing choke artist of a QB.
The Jealousy of Santa Clara fans is awesome.

brettb3

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ibbgkvn said:
NINEster":2ibbgkvn said:
Lady Talon":2ibbgkvn said:

But I don't buy it.

1. Russell Wilson.
2. Russell Wilson.
3. Russell Wilson.

Amen.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":vmyyzaaf said:
John would live in Green Bay because he'd practically be a god to the Packers fanbase.

How would that be any different than what he's got in Seattle right now?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Moral of the story: don't believe everything you read, especially unsubstantiated rumors propagated by a Green Bay beat writer.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawknation2014":192ke3vp said:
Moral of the story: don't believe everything you read, especially unsubstantiated rumors propagated by a Green Bay beat writer.

There is a difference between believing and discussing.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Laloosh":36ubj39z said:
hawknation2014":36ubj39z said:

There is a difference between believing and discussing.

Of course, and there's obviously nothing wrong with discussing the merit of an unsubstantiated rumor propagated by a Green Bay beat writer. I never said there was anything wrong with it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Schneider will probably be a GM for some other team at some point. He is young and a twenty five year career in one team seems unlikely. He has gained a huge reputation and a loyal fan base here, plus Allen is not going to lose a bidding war, so it seems far fetched that he would be leaving anytime soon. But at some point probably. Carroll might still coach for about five years, which is a long time to look forward to for us.

Good times! Great FO, would not change either for anyone.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":36rsb8h1 said:
Sgt. Largent":36rsb8h1 said:
gowazzu02":36rsb8h1 said:
Honestly can't think of one reason someone would want to live in GB Wisconsin over Seattle WA

- money
- opportunity
- working conditions
- home town/family
- better run organization
- power/decision making freedom

Obviously if all things are equal with what I listed, Seattle is a better place. But for athletes, coaches and GM's what a city has to offer isn't as high on the list as other important factors.

I think you misunderstood my point, or maybe I didn't make it properly. None of those bullets favor GB over Seattle.

Sure they do, Schneider is from Wisconsin and if he was ever lured back to GB believe me he'd be paid well and have far more control than he does now with Seattle...........as we know Pete has final decision on everything.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":2hgjkg1r said:
Scottemojo":2hgjkg1r said:
NINEster":2hgjkg1r said:
Lady Talon":2hgjkg1r said:

But I don't buy it.

1. Russell Wilson.
2. Russell Wilson.
3. Russell Wilson.

I didn't express my point properly.

It wasn't a jab at Schneider or the Seahawks roster, but WILSON.

No GM should ever prefer to be on a team primarily built around a QB, but if they absolutely had to I'd go with Rodgers, maybe Brady. Even that is pushing it.

Rodgers in the 2010 playoffs was a real beast of a QB. I haven't seen a QB dominate the post season game since then, and not many have done it to that level going back the last 10 years before that. Every time we play the Packers, I feel really good about our roster advantages but am always wearing of #12. Wilson does not inspire anywhere near that fear on his own.

BTW, in respect to Baalke/Schneider....it's hard to really rate GMs. I feel Schneider working in tandem with Carroll is a little stronger than Baalke/Harbaugh because of the synergy of getting what Carroll wants in his unique systems. Those all pro 5th rounders/UFAs/Canadian guys work because of the coach and his system, not because one GM has infinitely better drafting skill than the 31 other guys.

You are daft, man. You are comparing a guy with 2 years in the league to Rodgers and Brady, then saying you wouldn't want to build around the two year guy? Look at Rogers stats after 2 years. Precisely dick. Brady had a title, but total game manager numbers that first year he started. Nobody was talking about him like he needed to built around after two years in the league. In fact, go one further, go take a look at Brees first few years in the league and tell me a team should build around him. He was kinda bad at first. You comparing Russell's beginnings to a couple of veteran legacies is silly.

Now, lets shred your nonsense even further. Wilson is tied for the NFL record for TD passes after two seasons. He has more wins in two years than anyone, ever. EVER. He has a load of comeback wins, is nails in the red zone, and doesn't make mistakes.
I also want to point out that you saying GMs don't want to build around a QB is kind of BS. Look at the list of guys who have QBed in the SB for the last few years. Brady, both Mannings, Flacco, Kaepernick, Brees, ...You get the picture. Teams that don't have a good QB do not get very many championship chances. Which is why Seattle or SF would be daft to say they would rather not build around a the QB.

And the combo of Pete's development and Schneider'slate round savvy is why that model will be sustainable. Despite your hopes and desires.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":3gw92qdn said:
RolandDeschain":3gw92qdn said:
gowazzu02":3gw92qdn said:

We are looking at it through big city lens.

Native Wisconsin people are very passionate about their state. They would lump Seattle, SF, LA, NYC, CHI, MIA, etc as cities they wouldn't want to live over Wisconsin.
I was born in Seattle. I had to spend half my childhood in rural Wisconsin after my parents separated, until I was old enough to move back here. Most Wisconsinites are idiot hicks that can't even reason. Passion can be a very bad thing, and they demonstrate it rather well.