Win or Lose: Will You Wear SBXLVIII gear after Sunday?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious. I bought all kinds of SBXL* stuff before the event but I never have worn anything with the SBXL logo on it (minus my ticket holder which I put an asterisk next to it) after the fixed game. Wondering if you would still wear SBXLVIII merch even if we lose Sunday? Would it depend on if the game was fairly officiated...A good game, versus another controversial game? I know it would for me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Assuming they don't get royally screwed over again.. yes. Absolutely.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This time I'm not purchasing a bit of Super Bowl memorabilia until after the game. I still have my Super Bowl XL program because I can't bring myself to be rid of anything seahawks related, but I haven't opened it since that fateful day.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have not purchased any SB merchandise yet.

It's not that I don't love my team, I have plenty of Hawk gear. But I'm not going to purchase something that's going to remind me of an agonizing SB loss everytime I wear it. If they win, my wife better hide my credit card.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I haven't purchased anyting yet either...I want to get a jersey with the patch but scared too until afterwards. I know its a hard game to get to but is there a loss that would be more devastating? I am looking for ward to the first commercial after the game..."Seahawks fans your team has just won the super bowl...."

....after that I will put in a huge order for the super bowl champions merch....

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tqslqia said:

It's not that I don't love my team, I have plenty of Hawk gear. But I'm not going to purchase something that's going to remind me of an agonizing SB loss everytime I wear it. If they win, my wife better hide my credit card.

This. A thousand times this.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
volsunghawk":kt9wbdxx said:
Sgt. Largent":kt9wbdxx said:

It's not that I don't love my team, I have plenty of Hawk gear. But I'm not going to purchase something that's going to remind me of an agonizing SB loss everytime I wear it.

This. A thousand times this.

:13:

Tundra

Reaction score
I have purchased the White NFCCG the players wore after the game already. If they win I will stock up on SB gear. XL left me with a lot of gear (Hats and sweatshirts) that are boxed up and have not been worn.

HawkWow

Reaction score
In the unlikely event we lose, no. That's what NFCC gear is for. ; )

Twice I've had to give away Rose bowl sweaters that I purchased before the games. Wouldn't wear 'em after.

Jbo

Reaction score
Yes... I will display our presence at the Super Bowl and NFC champs proudly!!!

Greenhell

Reaction score
I didn't buy any NFC West Div Champs or NFC Champs gear and we've won because of that fact. Haven't bought any SB48 and won't till after we win and then it will be "Seahawks, take my damn money! NOW!"

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
kidhawk":1fv3207j said:
This time I'm not purchasing a bit of Super Bowl memorabilia until after the game. I still have my Super Bowl XL program because I can't bring myself to be rid of anything seahawks related, but I haven't opened it since that fateful day.

I'm doing this. I also didn't get any NFCW or NFCCG Champion gear because at the end of the day, it's all about the Lombardis and not much else.

However, there is a bit of pride in winning a tough division this year, so I can understand personally wearing the NFCW champion stuff. I got a NFCCG Champion shirt back in '05, and that got worn for all of two weeks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":bquppxz6 said:
kidhawk":bquppxz6 said:

I'm doing this. I also didn't get any NFCW or NFCCG Champion gear because at the end of the day, it's all about the Lombardis and not much else.

However, there is a bit of pride in winning a tough division this year, so I can understand personally wearing the NFCW champion stuff. I got a NFCCG Champion shirt back in '05, and that got worn for all of two weeks.

I might wear my divisional and conference gear even more than super bowl stuff (after we win) because we beat the Niners for both of those and there are a few Niner fans where I work that I will enjoy the tears from all off season long :D