Cowboys Fan here....

Vomit49894

Reaction score
...I come in peace to congratulate you on kicking the Forty-Niners out. Glad to see that rabble shown the door. Heck of a season for you guys & whether you prevail next week or not (I hope you do) you have a lot to be proud of.

I really have no dog in this fight, but I was a visitor to Seattle back in the heady days of college (1992) and have to say Seattle is one of the nicest towns I have ever been in. Clean, friendly folks, and a lot to do.

So have fun, enjoy the buildup. You never know when (or if) you'll be back. I suppose the Cowboys will NEVER be back until Jones dies or sells the team. And I can't see him selling. Or dying anytime soon. So, I will have to root for proxy teams. This year it's you guys.

GOOD LUCK!

Raptor12

Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out. Back before the hawks I was a big cowboys fan (Landry/Staubach era). That all changed in 76. Really hope we can bring in the Lombardy this year.

Go Hawks.

irocdave

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
I'm almost starting to feel bad for cowpoke fans, they wont win anything until JJ is gone. We know all about piss poor ownership. Went from the best owners in the NFL to the worst with KB and now have the best again with Paul Allen. Atleast you don't have to worry about your POS owner trying to move the team to LA.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for the shout out.

I grew up a Pokes fan. Tony Dorsett, Danny White, Tony Hill, Drew Pearson and Ed (Too Tall) Jones...

I still remember the poster I had of Jones holding a burlap sack with a hand holding a football sticking out of it. The caption was "Sack King" or something like that.

That all changed in 1989 and I still haven't forgiven your current owner for the way he treated Landry and Schramm.

A shame too. It would have been nice to be a fan during the Aikman years.

I didn't adopt a replacement team until after I moved to Alaska in '92 when I became interested in the Hawks, but it wasn't until the year that I moved to Seattle that I became a big Hawks fan. That was fall of 2002.

Not a bad time to become a Hawks fan.

I live in Montana now, but never miss a game (Thanks Sunday Ticket).

Still waiting for my number to come up for season tickets.

- bsd

Throwdown

Reaction score
Thanks, I don't particularly care for your team, but Dez Bryant is a helluva player, one of my favorite in the league

Hawknballs

Reaction score
My only reply to this topic is I'm sorry. About Jerry Jones.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Thanks for the decent post. I'm in Texas as well. Migrated from the great white north in 87. Always been a Hawk fan. I agree jj is thee problem for cowboy fans. Hang in there.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Welcome aboard ...
If Jerry dies, his son will probably take over ... and the nightmare might just continue.
I have been thinking about some of our guys, who might not be back ... because of Salary cap issues at the end of the season.
I just have the feeling, many of them may end up in Big D.
Could Jerry Jones make a run for Sherman in a couple of years?

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Thanks man! Your assessment is spot on. If JJ had a GM like JJ he'd of fired himself 10x by now. Sorry man. Landry was all class loved that guy and Danny, Randy, and too tall. Awesome legacy you boys have. Along came JJ, bummerooski doo.

Thanks again and go Hawks!!